• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

DIRECTION TO IOM NAIROBI
Take Matatu no.106 in Koja stage (Koja stage is at the upper end of TOm Mboya Sreet or upper end of Road Road.
Alight at UN Avenue Gigiri...it is after the Canadian High Commission.
Cross the road and follow the UN Avenue till your first junction
Use the road opp KTTC...it is on your leftou get to 78,
Use this road till you reach 78, on your right is IOM (Securex security men are usually at the gate and you may see some people being checked there).
There you are, all the best

Interesting link you've shared above and quite heartbreaking for the person who was denied her visa.

There's no mention of grade requirements for Tanzania strangely enough so I'm guessing its country specific pertaining to Kenya. Then again there are thousands of selectees from Kenya whereas Tanzania only numbers a mere 150 maximum and more than half don't bother going through the process.

Case No - DV2013AF0007XXXX (applied the first time and got it the first time - lucky me!)
Entry Checked - 1st May 2012
Forms Sent To KCC - 10th May 2012
Received By KCC - 12th May 2012
Confirmation From KCC - 25th May 2012 after I sent them an email
2nd NL - 14th June 2013
Police Clearance (TZ) - 13th June 2013
Police Clearance (UK) - 21st June 2013
Medicals - Completed 24th June 2013
I-134 - 16th July 2013
Bank Statements - 22nd July 2013
Interview - Wednesday, August 7th 2013 @ 8am - US Embassy Tanzania (PRAYING BIG TIME!)
Visa Pick up - Hopefully August 11th 2013
Departure Date - August 17th 2013
Port of Entry - Washington Dulles

Interesting link you've shared above and quite heartbreaking for the person who was denied her visa.

There's no mention of grade requirements for Tanzania strangely enough so I'm guessing its country specific pertaining to Kenya. Then again there are thousands of selectees from Kenya whereas Tanzania only numbers a mere 150 maximum and more than half don't bother going through the process.

Case No - DV2013AF0007XXXX (applied the first time and got it the first time - lucky me!)
2nd NL - 14th June 2013
I-134 - 16th July 2013
Interview - Wednesday, August 7th 2013 @ 8am - US Embassy Tanzania (PRAYING BIG TIME!)

sure,for 2013,there is 150 selected from Tanzania and the problem is,most of them they don't even straggle to have the visa,i don't know why,why they applied for the DV?

sure,for 2013,there is 150 selected from Tanzania and the problem is,most of them they don't even straggle to have the visa,i don't know why,why they applied for the DV?

Well let's face facts, the DV process is expensive from start to the point of settling down in the US and being financially independent and unfortunately from my experience and from what I have seen, we Tanzanians don't have a culture of saving money or a culture of money management.

I mean we think we'll get away with having $3,000 in our bank account and then moving it around three different bank accounts to "show" that we have $9,000 (I mention this because I remember one visa applicant tried to pull this on the consular officer and got caught out).

- A person has a 500,000/- TShs salary (approx. $300 per month) yet has three smartphones which cost over $800 each plus voucher expenses for all three.

- A person who doesn't have money wants a $50,000 wedding.

- A person who doesn't have a proper salary wants to drive an expensive car.

These things are happening right in front of us and not one day goes by where I don't get asked for free cash. Unfortunately we haven't grasped the concept of there being no free lunch in this world which is why there is a culture of "ombi ombi."

The reason for all this - lack of education and foresight.

I think people from Tanzania just apply for the fun of it and not for the real purpose with the exception of a select few.

I mean seriously how many Tanzanians will go through the effort/expenses of obtaining documents, courier charges, medical bills of over $300, air fares for a whole family, accommodation in America...the list is endless.

The answer is not very many will do it and will look for other means to get to the US aka illegal immigrants.

Do you know the amount of B1/B2 visa rejections there are here because the US Embassy is afraid of people becoming illegal immigrants. One day someone from our company went for a visa and she told me that out of 40 applicants, 35 were rejected.

Truth is a bitter pill to swallow but that is how things really are here which is why I have a lot of admiration for Kenyans and the spirit of their determination to better their lives by their own incentive and hard work.

2nd NL - 14th June 2013
I-134 - 16th July 2013

IOM Discounted Air Tickets

IOM Discounted Air Tickets

For all those shopping for tickets, please note the following from IOM Nairobi. Hope it's helpful.

Dear Guriix,

Thank you very much for your enquiry. You did not mention where you are located therefore we presume you may be in Kenya.

For NEW migrants going to USA, IOM offers discounted fares and sometimes even concession baggage allowance on some carriers covered under IOM global agreement operating from/to USA. The baggage allowance only applies to personal luggage and does not include moving items by freight or cargo, or if you wish to take your pets.

IOM will not be able to make travel arrangements until all Immigration requirements have been met and visas and passports issued for each person traveling. We will need to see the travel documents before we can make any flight reservations and give any travel costs. Please note that we can avail our concession fares and baggage allowance for the travel booked through IOM. Please also note that IOM Nairobi assists one-way travel to the immigration country. This means that we cannot assist any return trip. Also, please note voluntary stop-over is not permitted for the IOM migrants' fare.

In order to give you a travel quote you will need to visit our office (address provided below) any Tuesday to Thursday morning between 08.30am and 12.30 pm and provide the information below:

- Number of passengers (please provide the exact age (of children) if your family includes children under 12 years old)

- the city of departure

- the city and/or airport of arrival in USA

- Preferred departure month/date

Address:

IOM Nairobi

Church Rd, off Rhapta Rd

Westlands

Tel: +254 20 4221000 or 4456050/062 or +254 722 206898/899 or +254 733 333020

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further queries regarding IOM-assisted travel. We hope to see you soon.

Thanks & Best regards

IOM Nairobi Operations

I have been reading a lot from previous blogs and people who have gone through the process and there's is some emphasis on going to the embassy with your marriage photo's. I have been reading some of the interview experiences and no one seems to ever need these photo's. I have not read any case here where someone was asked to produce their marriage photos. Are they really required?

Hi guys, I have still failed to secure an interview date. The website says no dates available now. From the day we knew we had to reschedule we have been trying to no avail. Any ideas?

Hi, I have a quiz, My friend went for the interview today and she was told to come pickup your documents in 1-2 weeks, she signed the papers she had sent to KCC and they kept her passports. Does it mean she is under AP? they didnt tell her anything else apart from come and collect your document in 1-2 weeks. Thanks

day 2 medical examination experience.

Yesterday, I told you my day 1 experience. Today, I was booked for 11
am. I arrived by 10am and was not allowed in till 11 am. Inside, I
picked a number and gave my bank slip etc to the officials. I was told
to sit and wait. I waited till 1.30 pm...I must remark here that it
was very cold. I went to a room produced my passport and my height,
weight, sight and blood pressure were taken in the first room.I was
directed to get the IOM official payment receipt from the cashier. I
was then referred to the doctor's room for physical exam, etc. I
waited for more than an hour before my name was called. Here, you give
your medical history..do you smoke, ever had chickenbox, any
allergies, any hospital admissions etc. I was told to strip down to my
underwear! the doctor was a woman and I am man. The medical
examination includes a review of the applicant's medical history,
physical examination, chest X-ray, and blood tests. The physical
examination included examination of the eyes, ears, nose and throat,
extremities, heart, lungs, abdomen, lymph nodes, skin, and external
genitalia! (privates) Afterwards, I was told my that my xray and blood
tests were ok, but my B/P was surprisingly high....I had to redo B/P
exam where it was found that my B/P was 110/70 which is very normal. I
was then referred
to the vaccinations. here I waited in the cold outside for 2 hours
before my name was called. I was given 3 damn vaccination injections
on my hands:
MMR-Measles, Mumps and Rubella
Dultravax-diphtheria, tetanus and poliomyelitis
Vaxigrip-Influenza (flu)

Remember I would have been given the Chickenbox vaccine if I had
answered No to the quiz "have you ever suffered from chickenbox?" Let
me say sth here....be careful how you respond to the doc who does
physical exam on you.
After vaccinations, I was given a certificate (to be taken to the
interview) and my Xray on a CD (to be used at the port of entry)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys, I have still failed to secure an interview date. The website says no dates available now. From the day we knew we had to reschedule we have been trying to no avail. Any ideas?

Hi,

please send an email to the Nairobi immigration department and explain your situation, they will give feedback in 2 working days. Make sure you indicate your Case number..

ImmigrationVisaNairobi@state.gov

I have been reading a lot from previous blogs and people who have gone through the process and there's is some emphasis on going to the embassy with your marriage photo's. I have been reading some of the interview experiences and no one seems to ever need these photo's. I have not read any case here where someone was asked to produce their marriage photos. Are they really required?

This happens in most cases where after winning the green card you then later say you got married. They've had cases where people have lied they were married so someone else can benefit on the same greencard...wedding and past photos is one way of proving that you're indeed married......if they suspect fraud they'll ask you to prove it...