• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

This forum is on fire.....congrats to all those who got their visas and kudos to makiki,wanjeri,kenweed,papasan,kylex,nickelly,sm1smom those feed backs are coated with a lot of valuable info. I was missing in action for the past few days in kenya.

Can someone assist with information on this request?

can anyone inform me on which vaccines I can get a city council and save on vaccinations at IOM. I'd also like to know which vaccines are a must at IOM.

Glory be to the Lord in the highest . I just had passport sent by the dhl back to the embassy for my visa to be put.

Had appointment for 7:30, but getting the kids ready (still tired from the drive from Kampala) and getting through Nairobi traffic, meant we only got to at 8am.

Presented the passports and 2NL and where given a number and asked to wait. We are then called up and have digital photos taken, and given an invoice to pay at the bank. CBA branch at the Village Market, then asked to wait again. You can go thru the process for the day, then go to the bank to pay later, but to make up some time, while the family was waiting, I went to pay the fees. For a family of 4, we eventually paid $916. Next step is a group counselling session, that basically explains what is going to be done, based on which country you are going to. By the time I got back from the bank, the rest of my family had started their counselling session, so I waited for the next one. At which point the wife went on for the x-ray. In my counselling group, we had people going to the US, Canada and Australia and the tests and vaccines vary depending on destination. The US require the least. At the x-ray point, they will need a photocopy of your passport, your 2NL and 1 photo.

After this I went for the x-ray, by which time, the family was in the line for the blood tests and the kids TB tests. I was therefore able to catch up, as my form was added to the rest of the family that were already ahead in the line. At this point, they will need a copy of your 2NL, passport copy, 1 photo per adult and 2 photos per child

After this we were free to leave, returning on Thursday for the TB test results and the vaccinations.

Entire process took 4 hours. Each step of the way is short, only a few minutes each, but the waiting time between each step is lengthy just because of the number of people being handled.

Thanks Ug1. Am right behind you.

We arrived at the American embassy at exactly 5.30am.Our interview was scheduled for 6.30am.So we had to arrive early. We are a family of 5.We were told to line outside the gate in two rows one for men and the other for women. You had to hand over your passport and the appointment letter. We proceeded to gate two. More screening and here we leave all our belongings including mobile phones, car keys, hand bags etc. At gate 3 we were assigned a no.C407.Then told to wait outside and it was terribly cold.

After about 30 mins we were called to window 4. "Pls give me your original documents i.e. passports, passport size photo graphs-2 for each family member, birth certificates, form 4 Kcse certificate, degree certificate, Affidavits for different names for my academic certificates and the name in the passport, and police certificate of good conduct.
Please go pay the 1650dollars for the 5 of us i.e. USD330 per person
We were then told to wait outside. After another 30 mins we were called to window 8 for finger printing verification.
Again sent outside to wait. After around 40mins we were called to window 10."pls swear that information we had stated in forms 122 and DS230 was the truth. We raised our right hands and said yes. "Are these your biological children-yes. What do you do now-I answered. Do you still do it now-Yes

CONGRATULATIONS. The white lady said as the handed as the green or is it blue paper that instructed us on how to create a DHL account. She also handed to us 5 other forms for USICS to pay the USD 165 each before we depart for the USA.This will be done online. She told us to expect our visas in the next 5 days .

But I had another request though. I told her that I and our colleagues will depart for DUBAI Saturday 29th.She advised that I go with my passport and make sure that I return it via DHL immediately I returned from abroad. She however retained the passports of the other family members in order to start processing their visas. We said thank you as we left the embassy at around 10.am.
GLORY TO THE MOST HIGH

Congs (I'll omit your name as i don't want to murder it). That was very quick.If i were in your shoes, i would forget about Dubai and get my Visaooooooooooooo

Can someone assist with information on this request?

can anyone inform me on which vaccines I can get a city council and save on vaccinations at IOM. I'd also like to know which vaccines are a must at IOM.

All new guys please put your signatures for pple to help you better....i would suggest you do the vaccines at IOM,following instructions is still another way of guaranteeing you a visa my friend but if you have kids,carry the yellow card to IOM

Glory be to the Lord in the highest . I just had passport sent by the dhl back to the embassy for my visa to be put.

That is Good news am happy for you,next step is shopping for air ticket glad to hear from you Fomogho, delay is not denial,God has granted you the visa.:)

That is Good news am happy for you,next step is shopping for air ticket glad to hear from you Fomogho, delay is not denial,God has granted you the visa.:)

Amen... it is true delay is not denial. i rejoice with you guys coz i know come next year i am surely not denied.. halelu... we give God the glory....

We arrived at the American embassy at exactly 5.30am.Our interview was scheduled for 6.30am.So we had to arrive early. We are a family of 5.We were told to line outside the gate in two rows one for men and the other for women. You had to hand over your passport and the appointment letter. We proceeded to gate two. More screening and here we leave all our belongings including mobile phones, car keys, hand bags etc. At gate 3 we were assigned a no.C407.Then told to wait outside and it was terribly cold.

After about 30 mins we were called to window 4. "Pls give me your original documents i.e. passports, passport size photo graphs-2 for each family member, birth certificates, form 4 Kcse certificate, degree certificate, Affidavits for different names for my academic certificates and the name in the passport, and police certificate of good conduct.
We were then told to wait outside. After another 30 mins we were called to window 8 for finger printing verification.
Again sent outside to wait. After around 40mins we were called to window 10."pls swear that information we had stated in forms 122 and DS230 was the truth. We raised our right hands and said yes. "Are these your biological children-yes. What do you do now-I answered. Do you still do it now-Yes

CONGRATULATIONS. The white lady said as the handed as the green or is it blue paper that instructed us on how to create a DHL account. She also handed to us 5 other forms for USICS to pay the USD 165 each before we depart for the USA.This will be done online. She told us to expect our visas in the next 5 days .

But I had another request though. I told her that I and our colleagues will depart for DUBAI Saturday 29th.She advised that I go with my passport and make sure that I return it via DHL immediately I returned from abroad. She however retained the passports of the other family members in order to start processing their visas. We said thank you as we left the embassy at around 10.am.
GLORY TO THE MOST HIGH

Congrats..

Congrats dear!02

GLORY TO THE MOST HIGH

Hey pple,

On arrival to the states, Do I need to make any application for SSN or it is automatically generated??

Thanks..

Am looking for some who cannot afford medical,visa fees and even airticket. Remember this is the last dv.
Any kenyan single lady who won dv 2014 and has form 4cert with atleast C plain and has not sent her form 230 &122 back to inbox me her mobile number, i have good news for you!

GLORY TO THE MOST HIGH

Congrats!!!!!!