• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

All the Best to 2013 Selectees going for their interviews soon!!!

I would like to wish ya'll 2013 Selectees who u are going for your Interviews soon, My the Lord grant favor on you.
Isaiah 41:10
fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Personally, I wouldn't advice a new immigrant to consider having a baby in the US as soon as they arrive and without medical insurance coverage. In as much as having a baby in the US is highly desirous, since the baby immediately becomes a citizen, if you don't have medical insurance coverage, immediate or close family/friends you can depend on, no job offer for your spouse before your arrival, etc, you're better off having the baby in your home country and bringing the baby in as a LPR (the baby automatically becomes a citizen when you become a citizen yourself 5 years down the road anyway).

Contrary to what most people think, new immigrants are NOT entitled to Medicare, yes there are loopholes which people have exploited in the past and continue to exploit, you however don't want to be the scapegoat! Applying for Medicare when you're not entitled to it is like reaping where you've not sown. FUnding for Medicare is not government money per se, the funding is derived from the taxes other people have paid, and if you've not contributed to it, you shouldn't be expecting to benefit from it. Don't mess up your future with an immediate temporary gratification!

New immigrants are not entitled to government aids or benefits, which is why they request for an affidavit of support from a US sponsor. Your sponsor is liable for all benefits received while not entitled to them. I know some of you did not have to produce an affidavit of support as at the time of your interview, and you might be thinking you will not be jeopardizing anyone if you receive any of these benefits, trust me, this will come back to haunt you! When you apply for citizenship, you will have to declare what type of aids you received in the past and when you received them.

The good news is yes, hospital or medical doctor will not refuse to treat an unisured person. The bad part? Doctors' fees and hospital rates are not regulated! You could end up being slammed with thousands of $$$$$$,.Yes they will probably not ask you to pay everything at once, but you don't want to end up using every penny you earn to settle hospital bills for God knows how long.

As new immigrants, I suggest you try and get some sort of medical insurance as soon as you arrive. Don't wait till you have a medical emergency to find out how brutal the US medical industry can be. You can always cancel your personal coverage once you have a job that provides you with medical insurance.

Here are some links that could possibly help you get started. I don't work for any of the companies here and I'm not making a personal recommendation, but the information may save you some major headache and heartache down the road.

Medicare Insurance for Green Card Holders (permanent residents) in USA

http://www.visitorscoverage.com/green-card-insurance/medicare-for-green-card/

Medicare vs Medicaid
http://www.visitorscoverage.com/health-insurance/medicare-vs-medicaid/

Medical insurance for Green Card or New Immigrants to USA

http://www.visitorscoverage.com/immigrants/health-insurance-for-green-card-holders/

New Immigrants Medical Insurance
http://www.insubuy.com/guide/new-immigrants-medical-insurance-plans.jsp

This is probably a long read for most of you, pardon my long rambling!! However, I suggest you all educate yourselves and prepare yourselves for your new life. A word is enough for the wise!!

In my usual daily research i came across rather interesting info;

1.The I-134 is not a legally binding affidavit, it is used for non-immigrant visa's. This form will need to be notarized.
2.The I-864 is a legally binding contract that the sponsor will be financially responsible for the immigrant in the event the immigrant attempts to benefit from certain federal aid programs. This form is for at the Adjustment of Status part of the journey. The newer version don't need to be notarized since they are already legally binding.

Makiki wacha kucheka this is serious .They have gone as far as setting my host against me in the hope that he pulls out and leaves me out in the cold.

Do worry, they are the been worried so keep calm,we are here for u and above all you have God who is Almighty, if His is with you who, who can be against you. The bible says "Let your hope keeps you Joyful, be patient in your troubles and pray at all times." They are fighting a lost battle. God bless you abundantly.

Gabam, are u serious, them i'm current ohhhhh Thank you Lord

I'm thanking God for making me current, All glory be to Him. And thanks to all who have not cease encouraging us.Please continue to pray for us, the tension is rising and we wait for 2NL free from any comment from KCC.

Hi Ash2013,

Thanks for sharing your experience with the forum. Because of what you shared, I was able to send my documents including my daughter's with a copy of the birth certificate. Thanks again.

If you have kids and are travelling to the US most of us will choose the cheapest flight and this cheapest flight has two stop overs especially those done at Dubai by Emirates or Doha by Qatar. Can you imagine staying the whole night at the airport with kids??? Qatar offers a convenient transit hotel accommodation for customers who face extended transit times in Doha en route to their final destination. This is only available to flights that depart at 1720hrs but if you will depart at 1300hrs you will pay $125 per person if you so wish to sleep at their hotel or sleep at the airport.

http://www.qatarairways.com/qa/en/transiting-at-doha.page

When you book please do it directly from their site its much cheaper.

I hope all relocating are think of taking their Malaria treatment before going to US. See you Doctors for more.

I Got this from Nigeria Thread Sm1 please any comment on this.
Gentiger: You can go back to school here in the States to increase your earnings and have an edge over your contemporaries. You need not spend a fortune to do that. You can take full advantage of Federal and Private loans and repay over time. The Good thing about taking and repaying loans as of when due is that it builds up your credit history and makes you credit worthy. So my advice to all new immigrants is to begin building your credit ratings. How do you do that? The moment you have a job, you can approach any of the stores in your locality offering credit cards to customers. For those in California, try out Marshall or Macy stores. There are many others. You can begin by taking $500 - $1000 credit card facility from these stores for your shopping. These stores mentioned and others are where I buy my clothes. Their services are exceptional.

Back to What we were saying, going back to school need not be tedious. I'll advice each and everyone already in the States to evaluate their certificates or academic credentials with the appropriate evaluation centers scattered. across the States. This is a very important step if you must go to school. Secondly choose a course of study most sought after. Do programs that will make you indispensable. Always verify average yearly income for any program you choose and job availability. When you are satisfied with your chosen program, then you can proceed to the next level.

You must choose schools with the necessary accreditation for the desired course of study. Ensure you review the schools in your locality for competitiveness and financial aid availability. This is very important . Private schools are expensive but better in terms of academic output. Again, they churn out graduates much faster than government schools. Classes are not congested and students are given personal attention, usually, you may be assigned to a professor to guide you through your chosen course of study. This is the advantage of private over public schools.

When you have chosen your school and your course of study, the next phase is how to pay for tuition and other related expenses. This is where federal grant and federal/private loans come in. I will break it down for you to understand. Let's proceed.

When you enroll for any house of study in a college or university setting, as a green card holder you are entitled to $5500 grant. It's called the Pell Grant and is non-refundable. It's awuf. With this grant, your school fee is reduced by $5,500. All schools will draw this grant to your attention. It is your entitlement. America sweet die!!!

Next, you need to create a pin for your Federal Government loans. Loans are not grants. Loans from the government are repayable over a period of 10 years with a fixed but low interest rate in comparison to Private loans. Avoid private loans as much as you can. To get your pin, log on to www.pin.ed.gov. Fill out the required forms and allow a maximum of 3 business days to have your pin approved. Your pin is your financial power as far as government loans are concerned. Do not share it and do not disclose to third parties.

Below are the various Federal government grants you can take advantage of. It covers all levels of studies, college students, undergraduates or graduate students.

1.Federal Stafford Loan
2. Federal graduate plus loan
3. Federal Parent plus loan
If you don't want these loans but want to be employed by your school and have your salary used to service your tuition, Then take advantage of the
4. Federal Work study.

To apply for Federal Stafford loan, you must first have your admission for your program of study, Then log on to www.fafsa.gov. You can also take a look at this site for additional information: www.studentloans.gov. I wish everyone a lovely study life in the US.

A word of advice:

If your highest level of studies is WAEC/NECO, please don't travel down to the States without atleast 5 WAEC/NECO scratch cards. You will need it here. Trust me when I tell you this. Again, if you are a graduate of any field of study, approach your graduate school and have your transcript processed. Keep a personal reference copy and have your school send a copy to any one of the certificate evaluation services here in the States. I wish I had someone to tell me all these before I left Nigeria. I plan travelling down though. Log on to www.Wes.org. This is one of the best certificate evaluation service providers you can find. There are many others. Google them up and ensure they are properly accredited to provide that service in the US.

God bless you all. Gentiger signing off from Los Angeles.

Photos and Photocopies

I'm sure these questions have been previously answered, but I can't find the forum posts;

So for those that have gone through the medicals and interview process,

1. How many passport photos do we need for the entire process; medicals, interview and POE or whatever else?

2. What documents do we need to have photocopies of, and how many copies per document?

Thx.

Thank you Misses for this info about studies in the States. This is important to know before relocating.

I'm sure these questions have been previously answered, but I can't find the forum posts;

So for those that have gone through the medicals and interview process,

1. How many passport photos do we need for the entire process; medicals, interview and POE or whatever else?

2. What documents do we need to have photocopies of, and how many copies per document?

Thx.

1. In my town photos are required as follows Medical 3, interview 2
2. Photocopy all your academic papers, birth certificates, passports and police records.

My two cents

DV 2013 :D :D

LATEST DATA INFORMATION
namehome countrycase numberinterview dateoutcomep.o.e citystate
JimmaboyETHIOPIADV2013AF00001xxx01.10.2012AP 160days- SUCCESSFULAtlantaGeorgia
Mzee1917KENYADV2013AF0000278711.10.2012SUCCESSFULPhiladelphiaPennsylvania
WankinMasterKENYADV2013AF00004***16.10.2012SUCCESSFULLititzPennsylvania
Nesh422KENYADV2013AF00004***01.11.2012SUCCESSFULBaltimoreMaryland
GabamNOT KNOWNDV2013AS00004***04.03.2013APNOT KNOWNNOT KNOWN
JarmsbiKENYADV2013AF00012***08.01.2013APNOT KNOWNGeorgia
Lucy10RWANDADV2013AF0000222*09.01.2013APNOT KNOWNNOT KNOWN
Sami_1983ETHIOPIADV2013AF000148**22.01.2013APNOT KNOWNNOT KNOWN
MashpolKENYADV2013AF00019***28.02.2013SUCCESSFULBaltimoreMaryland
MakikiKENYADV2013AF00020***26.02.2013SUCCESSFULDallas Fort WorthTexas
Frank80GHANADV2013AF00022***14.03.2013SUCCESSFULBostonMassachusetts
JesykaKENYADV2013AF00023***04.04.2013APBostonMassachusetts
ChegeKENYADV2013AF00023***NOT YETNOT YETNOT YETMISSOURI
PapasanKENYADV2013AF00023***19.03.2013SUCCESSFULAtlantaGeorgia
My2013KENYADV2013AF00025***NOT YETNOT YETDes MoinesIowa
MjamhuriKENYA/ITALYDV2013AF00027***03.04.2013APSeattleWashington
NickellyKENYADV2013AF00028***02.04.2013SUCCESSFULCorpus ChristiTexas
Ash2013UGANDADV2013AF00029***30.04.2013REFUSEDNew ArkNew Jersey
KyleXYKENYADV2013AF00029***03.04.2013SUCCESSFULNOT KNOWNAlabama
MateteUGANDADV2013AF00030***23.04.2013SUCCESSFULNew YorkNew York
KarendiKENYADV2013AF00033***23.04.2013SUCCESSFULDallasTexas
JMigwiKENYADV2013AF00035***MAY 2013NOT YETColumbusOhio
LosiamoiKENYADV2013AF00044***June 2013NOT YETNOT KNOWNNOT KNOWN
BurundiwinnerBURUNDIDV2013AF00045***1stW.06.2013NOT YETMaryland/Houston
Triple LKENYADV2013AF00045***1stW.06.2013NOT YETphoenixArizona
EmmahKENYADV2013AF00047***06.06.2013NOT YETBostonMassachusetts
DonmistyKENYADV2013AF00047***10.06.2013NOT YETBaltimoreMaryland
EkkKENYADV2013AF00050***11.06.2013NOT YETDallasTexas
Abu HamzaKENYADV2013AF00051***05.06.2013NOT YETSeattleWashington
EssietaKENYADV2013AF00051***1stW.06.2013NOT YETVirginiaNOT KNOWN
MwasKENYADV2013AF000522**NOT YETNOT YETNOT KNOWNNOT KNOWN
FomoghoKENYADV2013AF000529**10.06.2013NOT YETLittle CanadaMinnesota
RonnyblessedKENYADV2013AF00052***11.06.2013NOT YETNOT KNOWNVirginia
KarimiEvaKENYADV2013AF00054***MidJune2013NOT YETBaltimoreMaryland
CeraKENYADV2013AF00055***11.06.2013NOT YETTallahasseeFlorida
Uganda1UGANDADV2013AF00057***NOT YETNOT YETNOT KNOWNNOT KNOWN
CatchmeUGANDADV2013AF00059***23.07.2013NOT YETBostonMassachusetts
Jah blessNOT KNOWNDV2013AF00059***NOT YETNOT YETNOT KNOWNNOT KNOWN
DiamondzKENYADV2013AF00063***NOT YETNOT YETNOT KNOWNNorth Carolina
Henrica80KENYA/FINLANDDV2013AF00065***NOT YETNOT YETNOT KNOWNVirginia
MissesCAMEROONDV2013AF00066***NOT YETNOT YETLittle CanadaMinnesota
Dv-divaNOT KNOWNDV2013AF00066***NOT YETNOT YETBostonMassachusetts
t.mazZIMBAMBWEDV2013AF00067***NOT YETNOT YETDallasTexas
JosseNOT KNOWNDV2013AF00070***NOT YETNOT YETDallasTexas
FavorkbKENYADV2013AF00070***NOT YETNOT YETDenverColorado
UmbetRWANDADV2013AF00072***NOT YETNOT YETNot KnownNew York
JulianaaKENYADV2013AF00077***NOT YETNOT YETDallasTexas
SolwachUGANDADV2013AF00078***NOT YETNOT YETOverland ParkKansas
ClamaKENYADV2013AF00079***NOT YETNOT YETRaleighNorth Carolina
MahyuniKENYADV2013AF00083***NOT YETNOT YETNOT KNOWNNew Jersey
MuhndemKENYADV2013AF00084***NOT YETNOT YETNOT KNOWNNOT KNOWN
WanamorisUGANDADV2013AF000875**NOT YETNOT YETNOT KNOWNNOT KNOWN
EdiofeboyzUGANDADV2013AF00090***NOT YETNOT YETNashvilleTennessee
juniormirajiTANZANIADV2013AF00090***NOT YETNOT YETNOT KNOWNNOT KNOWN
ObeezybKENYADV2013AF000105628NOT YETNOT YETNOT KNOWNNEW YORK

Feel Goo:D If you are a DV2013 Selectee and not present say I aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Meanwhile JMigwi where are you sister?? we are waiting for your success story the days are moving and arent sure when you will face the CO

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys,

For those of you who know how to send the DSP 122 and DS230, including photos by email, kindly update us DV 2014 peeps on our thread. I believe this will save those who haven't sent their forms yet quite a sum of money.

Asanteni.

Hey guys,

For those of you who know how to send the DSP 122 and DS230, including photos by email, kindly update us DV 2014 peeps on our thread. I believe this will save those who haven't sent their forms yet quite a sum of money.

Asanteni.

After filling the forms please scan them and name them as they are being attached Scan DSP122 and name it DSP122 dont forget to write your case number on the right/top corner and do the same to the ds230, most photos come in CDs so attach them as well and also the barcode. Inless than 4 dolars you are done but depending on where you are. My two cents

Hey guys,

Asanteni.

Dear if your are 2014 winner please send your documents and photos by courier(DHL, Post Office, EMS, or TNT and one) do not send your documents by email. read the instructions of seletee well.

Dear if your are 2014 winner please send your documents and photos by courier(DHL, Post Office, EMS, or TNT and one) do not send your documents by email. read the instructions of seletee well.

Misses it is possible for them to send via email NO PROBLEM, it will save money. The instructions are just written for common ways of sending otherwise they can do that. Obeezyb did send his forms via email.

Hey guys,

Asanteni.

I saw this some scanned sample of DS-230 somewhere.
http://blog.aperso.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/DS-2302.pdf

Fill the DS-230 completely online,you can then print it out for signing and remember to write your case number on the top right hand corner of all the pages. Then scan all the 4 pages chronologically into one pdf file.

Do the same for DSP 122.

Also scan the printed barcode sheet into pdf.

Whereas the photo that meets the DV requirements (2"*2" and 600*600 pixels) should be scanned in jpeg format if it's not on a disc/memory card.

All these 4 items will then be attached to an e-mail that clearly states the applicant's names, case number and date of birth and sent to KCCDV@state.gov.

This is how i sent mine for DV2013 and KCC acknowledged receipt after a day.

Additions are welcome.

Last edited by a moderator: