• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

Hello forum mates,

It just came to my mind and i want to ask you would it be an issue to travel just one /two week(s) before visa expiry date?
in case it wouldn't be an issue, what about getting GC after the visa has expired? furthermore whats meant by the notes on visa that says " upon endorsment serves as temporary I-551 evidencing permanent residence for 1 year."??

Thanks.

Hi Jimma, there is no issues as long as your are there the night before your visa expires..
" upon endorsment serves as temporary I-551 evidencing permanent residence for 1 year."?? means : *You have 6 months to enter US after you get the stamp I-551. It is as good as GC until they get the card or for one year from its issuance.

For new commers 2014

Proverbs 15:22
Without consultation, plans are frustrated, but with many counselors they succeed.
KEEP THE FIRE BURNING FORUM MITES

Hi Jimma, there is no issues as long as your are there the night before your visa expires..
" upon endorsment serves as temporary I-551 evidencing permanent residence for 1 year."?? means : *You have 6 months to enter US after you get the stamp I-551. It is as good as GC until they get the card or for one year from its issuance.

Ok, now its clear. Thanks a lot dear PAPA SAN

Awesome information

Good morning friends,

I have been reading your threads and I want to thank you all for sharing your experiences. As a first time 2014 Selectee, what you have shared will certainly be useful as I forge forward along this long process. I am certainly encouraged even with my large CN that all will be well.

God bless you all

DV2014AF00078XXX (UGANDA)
Entry Checked: 01.05.2013
Forms sent to KCC: 08.05.2012
Confirmed by KCC via email:NOT YET
Medicals: NOT YET
2nd NL: NOT YET
Police :NOT YET
Interview:NOT YET
P.O.E:

Good morning friends,

I have been reading your threads and I want to thank you all for sharing your experiences. As a first time 2014 Selectee, what you have shared will certainly be useful as I forge forward along this long process. I am certainly encouraged even with my large CN that all will be well.

God bless you all

Welcome aboard, we are so many actually (high case numbers).
Looking out for the next visa bulletin which should land over the weekend.
Ask as you see fit and the fellows in here will answer to the best of their knowledge.

Good morning friends,

God bless you all

DV2014AF00078XXX (UGANDA)
Entry Checked: 01.05.2013
Forms sent to KCC: 08.05.2012
Confirmed by KCC via email:NOT YET
Medicals: NOT YET
2nd NL: NOT YET
Police :NOT YET
Interview:NOT YET
P.O.E:

Welcome and there are more out there all are welcome:)

:-o Medicals Coming Soon :'(

House i need your prayers my meds very close and im so nervous. I dont like jabs at all....

I real DONT understand why a mother agrees that her kids should be taken to the US and then later on she refuses.
The new comers please if you happen to be in this kind of scenario please indicate in the DS230 forms that the kids will follow you later, this will mean that they wont even accompany you to the embassy but the embassy will have their records incase they will want to Follw To Join you when they are 18yrs old.

Last edited by a moderator:
DV winners, please be informed that any single contact you have with KCC after your selection either by sending documents, conversation on the phone or e-mail is compiled in your file and sent to the embassy/consulate where your interview will take place. The CO reviews this file before having the interview. So be careful otherwise these information may come back to hunt you.

Thanks Matap for this tip. Will be careful.

One can even travel from one State to another just to meet wid a Forumate n in the process you'll tend to know more thru InterStates n States. When you come to States, you need to know more n more but how will you know that "more" if you only knows the very first place or location you settled? You might be in US n the only place you know is from your house to shop, house to work n from work to house to sleep in order to wake up for work again. When you come to US pliz guys try to open your Up Stares...............See far n far over..........America is not the end, is not the top neither a paradise. It has got a lot of opportunities n everything is just near you......I mean INTERNET...........internet is the way for everything you gonna do.........utilize it to the maximum...........sometimes don't even ask your Host about how to apply for a job as long as yu av attained all the docs to make yu work n live legally.

Guys who will cross over dont forget this:)

Thank you for your continue support.

My spuse is expecting to deliver baby on November.

1-If we will land to USA after delivery when and how can I add my new baby so we would fly all of us and apply for GC including New baby

2- if we land before delivery and she will deliver the baby on the US. what is the total delivery cost with no insurance.?
is ther any free delivery medical hospital?

is any one had or heard such experience and what is the adivce? Deliver before landing or after landing?

I know too many question and I appreciate your feedback.

Was in exact same situation. We opted out of new baby in US. Ofcourse your travel will be tied to the doctors report, that is if you decide to go there. Sm1smom has said most of the things but ultimately it's your decision. You don't want to start a new life in US with debts. Take your time and evaluate all the information given then make a wise decision. You don't want to be a public charge.
Sm1smom are you a Kenyan?

I just had my medical, took less than an hour and all is well. Just filled some questionnaires, had a chat with a nurse regarding my vaccinations, xrayed and had checks done. Will wait for the syphillis blood test and opted to have MMR at my GP and will send them proof. It would have cost me £38 to have the vaccination or £108 for a test to prove I've had it already, opted to just redo.

Hmmn! I think I'm gonna start a para-legal service and start charging fees for all these, what do you guys think? :confused::p

Of course, I'm kidding. I'm truly happy to be of service, and I appreciate you guys appreciating me. :cool:

Hats off to you Ash for coming back despite and being of service to others inspite of your unfavorable outcome of your interview. Bravo to you, sistah! *thumbs up*

Was thinking the same thing, not about the fees; About Ash. Its so noble of her.