• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

These are apartments where my host leaves.

I dont think whether its the same everywhere but atleast they have those amenities. A 2 bedroom apartment with 2 baths goes for $1,126 also depending on the size, the one that is bigger goes for $1,173 - $1,308, A three bedroom with 2 bathroom goes for $1,411 - $1,501. one bedroom one bath goes for $874 - $879 depending on size a bigger one is $869 - $973. This is where am heading to so i dont know about the area you are heading to so do your research.
Gooood report gal:)

Today's devotion

Without a thing being conceived in the mind and spoken out—without calling those things that are not as though they were (Rom. 4:17)—nothing that exists would exist. ANYTHING you are able to see was made from that which is not seen.

Guys going for Interview

YOUR FUTURE COMES ONE DAY AT A TIME—IT IS GOD’S present to you. Every moment of every day, with every thought you think and word you speak, you are making a decision to move either toward greatness or toward obscurity. If you are to make the most of every opportunity you are given—if you are to become God’s vessel of glory and honor prepared for every good work—you must learn to harness, and then maximize, the potential of your thoughts and words. You must create a royal priestly mind-set by practicing noble thought habits and disciplining your tongue to speak success-fi lled words if you are to become the champion God has created you to be.:)

DHL and Visa pick up

Forumites,

I called DHL to ask them about picking the visas for non-kenyans. Now, the dhl visa registration service is only available in Kenya (if your interview is in Nairobi)
Only embassy employees handle the visas (exclusively) they pick them (from a guarded safe) at 9 and return them at 4 pm. Mon-Fri.
They cannot allow DHL to ship your passport to your country under any circumstances, so the best option is to stay three days after interview so you pick the visa yourself from DHL.
Hope this helps...

Forumites,

I called DHL to ask them about picking the visas for non-kenyans. Now, the dhl visa registration service is only available in Kenya (if your interview is in Nairobi)
Only embassy employees handle the visas (exclusively) they pick them (from a guarded safe) at 9 and return them at 4 pm. Mon-Fri.
They cannot allow DHL to ship your passport to your country under any circumstances, so the best option is to stay three days after interview so you pick the visa yourself from DHL.
Hope this helps...

Better to carry the documents and safely take care of them u are a better shipment :p

Six Degrees That Could Pay You Back

Degree 1 - Computer Science:Is solving computer glitches a piece a cake for you? If so, chances are a bachelor's degree in computer science could reward you in more ways than one. But how does this degree pay you back? In marketability, it seems. "It's one of the biggest areas right now."It's not even just for computers, but mobile phones, tablet devices - all those things are taking off," he adds. "Computer science is much more valuable now because there is so much more demand for it, and it's hard to find that talent." With a bachelor's degree in computer science, you could be prepped to pursue a career as a software developer, as the U.S. Department of Labor reports that this is one degree these professionals typically have. The Department of Labor notes that programming skills are also important.

The best part? Software developers earn decent salaries. The Department reports a median annual salary of $90,060 for software developers who specialize in applications, with workers in the 10th percentile at $55,190 and those in the 90th at $138,880.*

Degree 2 - Business Administration:Is a leader born or made? No matter which way you feel about it, if you like the idea of being in charge, why not consider a degree in business administration? You can sharpen your natural talents, while earning a degree that could pay for itself.

The College Board says students who study business administration will prepare "to plan, organize, direct and control an organization's activities." Major courses might include operations management, financial management, management information systems, and accounting.
A bachelor's degree is usually required for financial analyst positions, notes the U.S. Department of Labor. Fields of study that qualify include business administration, accounting, finance, and others. The Department of Labor also reports that employers often want candidates with a master's degree in business administration (MBA) or in finance.

And get this: Financial analysts report good salaries. The Department shows a median annual salary in the field of $76,950, with workers in the 10th percentile at $47,130 and those in the 90th at $148,430.*

Degree 3 - Health Care Administration: Are you interested in helping people and enacting real change in health care? A bachelor's degree in health care administration could be a great fit for you."Obamacare will have a major impact on the health care industry, so if you work in it and hold a health care administration degree, there will be more opportunities for you to find work and advance. According to the College Board, students in a health services administration program might take health care courses such as health care law and health care ethics, plus classes like accounting, anatomy and physiology, and statistics.
Additionally, medical and health services manager can be a money-making career. The Department of Labor reports a median annual salary in the field of $88,580, with workers in the 10th percentile at $53,940 and those in the 90th at $150,560.*

Degree 4 - Civil Engineering:"Repair of the infrastructure can't be put off much longer, and rising sea levels will require large public and private works to prevent property damage."
According to the U.S. Department of Labor, a civil engineering bachelor's degree or a degree in one of its specialties, approved by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, is needed to pursue a career as a civil engineer.

And this career could pave the way to decent earnings. The Department of Labor reports a median annual salary in the field of $79,340, with workers in the 10th percentile at $51,280, and those in the 90th at $122,020.*

Degree 5 - Accounting:The College Board says an accounting program teaches students how to interpret how an institution is performing financially. Classes for this degree might include multiple levels of accounting courses, as well as business law and auditing.
With a bachelor's degree in accounting, you could be equipped to pursue a career as an accountant or an auditor, as the U.S. Department of Labor reports that most of these professionals typically have a bachelor's in accounting or a related field.

And let's not fail to mention the attractive salaries. The Department of Labor reports a median annual salary for accountants and auditors of $63,550, with workers in the 10th percentile at $39,930, and those in the 90th at $111,510.*

Degree 6 - Nursing:A student pursuing a nursing degree could take courses in anatomy and physiology, chemistry, and psychology, in addition to nursing courses like adult or mental-health nursing, says the College Board. As for salary potential, the Department reports a median annual salary of $65,470, with workers in the 10th percentile at $45,040, and those in the 90th at $94,720.*

U will be given a timeline(like 1 week) within which to repeat the vaccinations & they wont be cheap.Some 9ja dude paid something like $800 since he did not have medical insurance.

Makiki r we going to repeat medc,jabs again and which ones please tell me:confused:

Forumites,

Hope this helps...

Karendi, thanks for this info. The answer is clear, there will be no more wavering about how and where to pick the visas for non-kenyans.

Lovies, lets pray for Ash, her interview is tomorrow. Ash, we'll all be here rooting for you. Be blessed y'all.

Better to carry the documents and safely take care of them u are a better shipment :p

I know, actually I was so tempted to send a driver to pick up my visa for me due to my apparent busy schedule..then I figured if anything happened to him (like he is robbed, killed, ran over ) or whatever (GOD FORBID) with my visa...wololo, ad die!! I will go pick it my self- I can only trust me and God on this one :p

Lovies, lets pray for Ash, her interview is tomorrow. Ash, we'll all be here rooting for you. Be blessed y'all.

Thanks Catchme for reminding us, Ash will be well. God is on her side, trust me she is just going to pick her visa, great testimony kesho.

Repeat vaccination

Dearies,
I remember at IOM the lovely nurse telling me that after 8 weeks (or was it 13) I need to repeat two vaccines else I might have to have them in the US which will be super expensive.
Was anyone else told the same?

Dearies,
I remember at IOM the lovely nurse telling me that after 8 weeks (or was it 13) I need to repeat two vaccines else I might have to have them in the US which will be super expensive.
Which ones please

Dearies,

Yes there is a repeat of some vaccines (MMR and Varicella) and its better you do them here coz even if you enter the US no college will admit you or school for your kids if the vaccines are not complete. Please do them if you have the money.

Last edited by a moderator: