• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

How long will it take for one to get his passport back after the visa has been approved??
From what we have read, it depends on each case i guess. However, we have seen people getting them back after two days, three or two weeks. No specific number of days that I know of.

Thanks Ash, i will definitely do as you have advised me. By the way my host has promised to send me his bank statement from USA and other things will this help or it has to be someone from Kenya?
Yo welcome. The statement from your host is very good. It doesn't matter where it comes from. What matters is the substance (money on account). That is alll the CO wants to see.

Ash you dont know how it has been difficult for me to crak this affidavit of support, damn those guys in US arent ready to sign any paper all they say is that we are good to go with a full physical address of your host that is it. hey what if you have less in your personal account coz am sure everything is gonna be maxed up in this visa journey and the account will be reading less by then. Is there a problem. This was my question by the way
Ya, people are skeptical about signing unless they really trust you so much. However, if they can't sign, let them write a letter to the Embassy confirming that they will host you in the US and take care of your bills. I know this can work coz my brother had a letter and it was enough. If your personnal account is red, you can get from a friend or family member together with a covering letter saying for example, they will cover your travel costs and visa application process etc.
AOS is good but there are several alternatives which also work eg land title from your parents or any relative/friend, bank statements from any close person to you. Always remember to have a covering letter from that person. You will be good to go.
Thanks Ash, i will definitely do as you have advised me. By the way my host has promised to send me his bank statement from USA and other things will this help or it has to be someone from Kenya?
Yo welcome. The statement from your host is very good. It doesn't matter where it comes from. What matters is the substance (money on account). That is alll the CO wants to see.
Now you see how the forum helps,,,, huh!! you are such a darling, you have taken away my loads of thinking mwaaaah!!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
-Once you getta here you must be confused.
-Time matters
-Resources also matters a lot since you're not in your house(I mean you must behave accordingly......Don't keep on using other ppl Netts as if is your's they pay for everything.............Watching TV, Internet, gas, Water, Electricity and then they do everything fot you as if you're sick or disabled(so you feel you don't belong)
Foods ni cheap since no taxes on food.
Will tell you much on the Life of US when you first come.
Thx for the info Wank. Keep it coming.

Is there hope for africa dv2013

Hi forumates. Im just concerned with the very slow pace of cn in africa.I read smewhere that march cut of is25850.is there hope for those of us above 60k

Affidavit of Support

I Wrote an email to the Nairobi embassy about the Affidavit of Support and the following was there reply:

Embassy of the United States of America
United Nations Avenue
Gigiri, Nairobi, Kenya
Tel: 254-20-363-6622

Thank you for your email.

Please note that you do not need an affidavit of support for your case, in case the interviewing officer will need an affidavit of support then you will be instructed on the day of your interview.

We would also like to apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused.

Sincerely,
Customer Representative 4
Immigrant Visa Unit
Consular Section
US Embassy Nairobi

panda no. za kibera ushuke stage just before ufike KNH on your right kuna $th avenue ya kuenda AAR enda that route you will surely find IOM. i believe so.
The journey is getting tougher by the day but our hopes are still high. I needed to know how you get to IOM, Nairobi for the medicals from town using the public means?

hello forum members, a friend of mine has case no 2013AF000812xx and as the bulletin shows are moving so slowly he has given up that he wont make for interview what advise should i give him?

fiux thanks i also had been inform that for DV we don't need to have AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT
I Wrote an email to the Nairobi embassy about the Affidavit of Support and the following was there reply:

Embassy of the United States of America
United Nations Avenue
Gigiri, Nairobi, Kenya
Tel: 254-20-363-6622

Thank you for your email.

Please note that you do not need an affidavit of support for your case, in case the interviewing officer will need an affidavit of support then you will be instructed on the day of your interview.

We would also like to apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused.

Sincerely,
Customer Representative 4
Immigrant Visa Unit
Consular Section
US Embassy Nairobi

hello forum members, a friend of mine has case no 2013AF000812xx and as the bulletin shows are moving so slowly he has given up that he wont make for interview what advise should i give him?

Your friend should go and buy a garment called "Patience" when June is here all people will be current.

You are welcome. As for the vaccines, am in shock. 5 vaccines are too many. But the positive side is that you were successful in the medicals. congrats. Wish u success all through.

done with my Medical exams and vaccines,
they did 3 for my son and 2 for me and the other ones we will take them after 1 month.(MMR and Varicella)
the reason why we will took those ones after is because before leaving my country we took yellow fever vaccines that is why we will wait.

you will hear from me on wednesday.
stay blessed and more prayers, I know you do for all winners.

they did 3 for my son and 2 for me and the other ones we will take them after 1 month.(MMR and Varicella)
the reason why we will took those ones after is because before leaving my country we took yellow fever vaccines that is why we will wait.

Starting tonight am gonna put you in my prayers and we will see the hand of God.
The bible says “For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. ".
Jeremiah 29:11-12
Go and get your VISA my sister.

Lucy good luck, it's so close now. I'll be praying for your success.

Hawayuni!!Happy new year!!i hope you all enjoyed your holidays.......I believe this will be a good year for all of us.@lucy welcome to Kenya n all the best in your interview..@wankin thanks for keeping us posted,i know we are not alone in this journey

Never alone.

All the best Lucy10..........................................................................Get prepared to kam to USA. you got visas already.

Happy new year guys

PHILIPPIANS 4:13: Begin each day declaring, "With GOD all things are possible", "I can do all things through GOD who strengthens me", and "Everything I put my hand to today will prosper".
PHILIPPIANS 4:13: Begin each day declaring, "With GOD all things are possible", "I can do all things through GOD who strengthens me", and "Everything I put my hand to today will prosper".
DV2013AF00028XXX
Entry Checked: 01.05.2012
Forms sent to KCC: 15.05.2012
Confirmed by KCC via email:26.10.12
Medicals: NOT YET
2nd NL: NOT YET
Police : NOT YET
Interview: MARCH/APRIL
P.O.E:TEXAS: