• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

HATS OFF!! to all member of the Kenyan forum for all your contributions, this is the way to go as we set precedence for 2014 forumites! MAkiki asante you have shown obeezy fire! wanking thanks for your contributions you still active even on the other side...Wankin what makes guys not to communicate once they land in the states??

what makes guys not to communicate once they land in the states??
SIMPLE "they got what they were looking for" these are people who love taking and receiving BUT never GIVE thats how they are.
How WRONG i was here and very harsh. Let me take it back. I am sorry ooooo

-Once you getta here you must be confused.
-Time matters
-Resources also matters a lot since you're not in your house(I mean you must behave accordingly......Don't keep on using other ppl Netts as if is your's they pay for everything.............Watching TV, Internet, gas, Water, Electricity and then they do everything fot you as if you're sick or disabled(so you feel you don't belong)
Foods ni cheap since no taxes on food.
Will tell you much on the Life of US when you first come.

Internet is the only the way guys can show themselves. So what about you gotta a bad Host where by you're denied access to everything especially internet?
People got problems letmie tell you guys...............For me av never encountered this problem though I usually don't get enough time since am doing all I can to settle........you know even if you don't av problems, you still feel so inferior of being provided with everything.

Thank you Wankin for the info above, now i understand why they go quiet. I wish everyone a quick settlement, how nice you feel when you are in your own house, how free it is wen you walk naked in your own house especially summer time aaauch :rolleyes: this is the time am likely to land there.

Last edited by a moderator:
This prayer is dedicated to everyone who is preparing to do the interview

THE HORSE IS PREPARED FOR THE DAY OF BATTLE, BUT DELIVERANCE IS OF THE LORD.

Proverb 21:31

Loving heavenly father,You know all our worries and fears regarding this interview! You are a most loving heavenly father and You understand our innermost feelings!Yes Lord! We are so nervous thinking about the outcome of this interview. You know our limitations Lord, but Your word says that Your strength is enough in our times of weakness. We may not have wisdom or knowledge of our own. But we have confidence that we can do every thing through Christ who strengths us. We do not know what is in store for us but we know that our future is in the hands of Lord of Lords, Who has made us. So Lord be with us and help us to find grace in the eyes of the consulate officers. We need not be afraid of men because we have the Lord Almighty beside us. Please go before us and let us answer the questions boldly and intelligently. Please remove all the unwanted fears and worries and fill us with courage. Let us never be put to shame. We thank You Lord for listening to our prayer and filling us with Your peace. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen.

Thank you MAKIKI for praying for us,
I am happy now I can post on the forum again,
on my medical exams it was like the others said, conselling and paid 403 US dollar for me and my son,they took blood for syphilis test not AIDS,for the children they do skin test for TB, then I(only me) went for X Ray.
On Monday we will both go for vaccination me 3 vaccins and my son 5 vaccins.
God be with us all.
now i have a good internet connection i will posts.

Thank you MAKIKI for praying for us,
I am happy now I can post on the forum again,
on my medical exams it was like the others said, conselling and paid 403 US dollar for me and my son,they took blood for syphilis test not AIDS,for the children they do skin test for TB, then I(only me) went for X Ray.
On Monday we will both go for vaccination me 3 vaccins and my son 5 vaccins.
God be with us all.
now i have a good internet connection i will posts.

5 vaccines for a child OMG those are many, no wonder i was told that my daughter will visit the doctor for 3 days. It shall be well my sister.

5 vaccines for a child OMG those are many, no wonder i was told that my daughter will visit the doctor for 3 days. It shall be well my sister.

5 vaccins because i did not bring the documents showing that he took some vaccins, it was not in english, they said that they accept it even it is not in english, so if your daughter took some vaccines so bring the doc showing that.

it will be well, thank you ALL for encouraging me and thinking of me.
thank you Ash, Fomogho.
I liked Nairobi, people are friendly here.

How WRONG i was here and very harsh. Let me take it back. I am sorry ooooo

Thank you Wankin for the info above, now i understand why they go quiet. I wish everyone a quick settlement, how nice you feel when you are in your own house, how free it is wen you walk naked in your own house especially summer time aaauch :rolleyes: this is the time am likely to land there.

Feel at home our bro.

hi

Ash you dont know how it has been difficult for me to crak this affidavit of support, damn those guys in US arent ready to sign any paper all they say is that we are good to go with a full physical address of your host that is it. hey what if you have less in your personal account coz am sure everything is gonna be maxed up in this visa journey and the account will be reading less by then. Is there a problem. This was my question by the way

Hi good to see you guys are moving on real fast. The I-134 form is misunderstood by many in the US, but really it's nothing to worry about. If your host is not willing to commit through it, he/she can do a letter addressed to the embassy stating what he/she will provide for you. This was done by one guy in the nigerian forum sometimes back but i can trace it in the forum. I would also advice you to combine each and everything you own in terms of monetary value and get letters from your employers stating your salary and the period of your employment with them. What the CO wants to see is that you and your family will not become a public charge when you land there and if you have good credentials, the CO can judge from the interview and a denial is hand to come by.
Your good to go with or without the I-134 form.

Wow, our year is here, thank you all for actively holding this thread up. Well, i wish you all the best in your interviews. God be with you all the way. Be blessed.

hi guys....sorry i have been away for a while..the DV journey left me gasping for financial air so i been hassling a bit for my family so as to be able to migrate after our successful interview.You have all been in my prayers and will always be.
i am planning to fly on coming Sunday the 13th with my wife together with our host who has been around for holiday..it has been good staying with her because we have really bonded and we plan to take advantage of the one week she will be off from school and job so as to show us around.....meanwhile those going for medicals and interview i wish u all the best and guys please all i can tell you is that the visa is yours just don't compromise your case by taking fake documents..please i beg you.those with a grade less than a C plain i would advise you to really think hard before trying the interview..i have a friend in Dubai who had a D and he won im still waiting to see how his interview will be as he told me in Dubai its so easy...
meanwhile anybody who can give me a sight to book cheap but convenient flight please tell me..will be landing in Dulles airport in Washington...
people by the way USA there is money because like my host has already bought a big house there on an acre of land and they run a big garage and while in kenya she just bought a house in Runda at a a price that can shock you..before she left Kenya she was a secretary but now has done nursing...
lots of love guys and lets keep in touch

Hawayuni!!Happy new year!!i hope you all enjoyed your holidays.......I believe this will be a good year for all of us.@lucy welcome to Kenya n all the best in your interview..@wankin thanks for keeping us posted,i know we are not alone in this journey

hi guys....sorry i have been away for a while..the DV journey left me gasping for financial air so i been hassling a bit for my family so as to be able to migrate after our successful interview.You have all been in my prayers and will always be.
i am planning to fly on coming Sunday the 13th with my wife together with our host who has been around for holiday..it has been good staying with her because we have really bonded and we plan to take advantage of the one week she will be off from school and job so as to show us around.....meanwhile those going for medicals and interview i wish u all the best and guys please all i can tell you is that the visa is yours just don't compromise your case by taking fake documents..please i beg you.those with a grade less than a C plain i would advise you to really think hard before trying the interview..i have a friend in Dubai who had a D and he won im still waiting to see how his interview will be as he told me in Dubai its so easy...
meanwhile anybody who can give me a sight to book cheap but convenient flight please tell me..will be landing in Dulles airport in Washington...
people by the way USA there is money because like my host has already bought a big house there on an acre of land and they run a big garage and while in kenya she just bought a house in Runda at a a price that can shock you..before she left Kenya she was a secretary but now has done nursing...

Thank you sooo so much for this wonderful information. I wish you a smooth transition in this journey and you get the best flight and fly to Washington safely. God's favour shall follow you in every step you take. My friend when i think of the money these people make i get more motivated to get there and do what it takes to be successful. We shall all be successful at the interview and the life after. Be blessed

The journey is getting tougher by the day but our hopes are still high. I needed to know how you get to IOM, Nairobi for the medicals from town using the public means?

The journey is getting tougher by the day but our hopes are still high. I needed to know how you get to IOM, Nairobi for the medicals from town using the public means?

You can take a mat from railways nos. 102,111,4,8 alight at traffic(name of the stage),u can sit next to the driver or conductor to keep reminding him coz its not far from town,once there cross over to the opposite side(there is a building painted pink) walk backwards past the first road on your left,proceed on (like 2 mins away) there is another entrance(road),use that one,ahead you`ll see a building in red bricks(AAR)..IOM is opposite that building.

Ash you dont know how it has been difficult for me to crak this affidavit of support, damn those guys in US arent ready to sign any paper all they say is that we are good to go with a full physical address of your host that is it. hey what if you have less in your personal account coz am sure everything is gonna be maxed up in this visa journey and the account will be reading less by then. Is there a problem. This was my question by the way
Ya, people are skeptical about signing unless they really trust you so much. However, if they can't sign, let them write a letter to the Embassy confirming that they will host you in the US and take care of your bills. I know this can work coz my brother had a letter and it was enough. If your personnal account is red, you can get from a friend or family member together with a covering letter saying for example, they will cover your travel costs and visa application process etc.
AOS is good but there are several alternatives which also work eg land title from your parents or any relative/friend, bank statements from any close person to you. Always remember to have a covering letter from that person. You will be good to go.

Wish you & family journey mercies as you travel. Thanks for this inspiring story. May God grant you & family yo heart's desires.

Use bus No 7c at KENCOM HOUSE STAGE TO KENYATTA NATIONAL HOSPITAL & tell the conductor to alight you at TRAFFIC NAIROBI AREA.From there cross the road & ask from there.

5 vaccins because i did not bring the documents showing that he took some vaccins, it was not in english, they said that they accept it even it is not in english, so if your daughter took some vaccines so bring the doc showing that.

it will be well, thank you ALL for encouraging me and thinking of me.
thank you Ash, Fomogho.
I liked Nairobi, people are friendly here.

You are welcome. As for the vaccines, am in shock. 5 vaccines are too many. But the positive side is that you were successful in the medicals. congrats. Wish u success all through.

Wow, our year is here, thank you all for actively holding this thread up. Well, i wish you all the best in your interviews. God be with you all the way. Be blessed.
Happy new year Catchme! Welcome back. We thank you too for staying active.

Ya, people are skeptical about signing unless they really trust you so much. However, if they can't sign, let them write a letter to the Embassy confirming that they will host you in the US and take care of your bills. I know this can work coz my brother had a letter and it was enough. If your personnal account is red, you can get from a friend or family member together with a covering letter saying for example, they will cover your travel costs and visa application process etc.
AOS is good but there are several alternatives which also work eg land title from your parents or any relative/friend, bank statements from any close person to you. Always remember to have a covering letter from that person. You will be good to go.

Thanks Ash, i will definitely do as you have advised me. By the way my host has promised to send me his bank statement from USA and other things will this help or it has to be someone from Kenya?

Last edited by a moderator: