• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

I take this opportunity to congratulate every one. I also give thanks to the Almighty Jehovah for his undeserved kindness. I do thank you all, for your loving kindness,the support and concern, however little it may have seem to be, was so great and I'm grateful, I really appreciated the Knowledge, the insight, astuteness,.........( esp. the AP period) Finally, to everyone( including me :) ) ........

Would I have better words to put down?

"Do not be anxious over anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication along with thanksgiving let YOUR petitions be made known to God;  and may the peace of God that excels all thought will guard YOUR hearts and YOUR mental powers by means of Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6,7)

Thank you. :) :D :)

I'm not playing 2015 lottery that i don't want to take someone "would be'' winners place, if God has selected me in 2014 then its his duty to take me through it.. may God bless you all who is going to participate in 2015. and best of luck to those who have got their second notification latter

I'm not playing 2015 lottery that i don't want to take someone "would be'' winners place, if God has selected me in 2014 then its his duty to take me through it.. may God bless you all who is going to participate in 2015. and best of luck to those who have got their second notification latter
No need to worry. If you also win DV2015 and don't send your DSP-122, KCC will assume that you're not interested, then they will just increase the number faster on the visa bulletin. One of the reasons they select more people than the available visas is because many would choose not to go.

thanks nickelly...but what happens if your certs are laminated and you didnt know that you win...?

Before you go for the interview you have to send a confidential KSCE certificate from KNEC

HAVE YOU SEEN THIS CONCERNING DV2013 KCSE

http://nairobi.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas2.html
Important notice:

All DV2013 applicants with KCSE grade C (plain) and above who have not been interviewed to apply for confidential copies at KNEC (Kenya National Examination Council) at least one week before their appointment date.

That was cool obeyeez, u know we were there on the same day but different time! U did scare the hell out of me when you went mute! But sounds good that you finally made it, welcome to America.

QUOTE=Obeezyb;2652406]Medicals_6&7th_Aug_2013

Day 1:

1:Security check @the gate.

2:go to the reception
>>submit passport(s) & NL.
>>ur photo(s) is taken.
>>u r handed payment details(basic)..$138 per person & a 2nd appointment form for the next day.

3:U will then head for counselling(a room towards the back).U will be given consent forms to sign;fill in ur US host phone number,ur cell no & ur signature.

4:u will be directed to the lab(titled Phlebotomy) where u will submit ur consent forms,passport & 1 photo.U will sign more consent forms(DS-2053 I think) & then they'll draw ur blood.

5:U will return to the counselling room for the x-rays procedure: (before the x-ray,u will submit 1 photo & ur passport & then wait for ur name to be called for the x-ray procedure).

6:After the x-ray,u will go the the "vaccination"room near the reception entrance for the vaccination payment breakdown.u will be queried on ur accination background & the vaccines to be administrerd jotted on the payment coupon.

7:Go pay for themedical charges @ CBA Village Market.

Day 2:

1:Security check @the gate.(this time round I was given a tag)

2:mad: the reception,u r assigned a number & then asked toproceed to the cashier to submit ur payment coupon whwereupon u will be issued with a receipt.

3:u wiill be called for the physical exam@ the "nurses stations".U will then move upstairs to the drs rooms for further checks.

4:from the Doctors rooms,head to the vaccnation room for the necessary after which u will be given a cert_DS-3025..the cd containing x-ray 2b collected later.

Highlights:
>>My wife's pics weren't up to par & thus we had to retake them @ Village Market

>>The counsellor asked us whether we understood Swahili..hellooo.

>>the generator overheated & thus x-raying was grounded for 30-40 mins.When the generator picked up,my wife was x rayed & then the machine blew something thus guys had to be ferried elsewhere for for x-rays..

Interview_Aug_14_2013

here's my story:

Woke up @ 0400hrs..could barely sleep (slept @0030hrs prepping for the next day:( ) said a prayer,chucked out of the house @ 0545hrs..mat to town..mat to UN..arrived @ around 0705hrs,found a crowd of about 40 guys..some were queuing,others by the fence.

Chilled till 0730hrs & then joined the queue..security check..proceeded inside the compound.Queued again..a lady went rhtu our docs& then redirected to another queue which 4 at a go will be let thru for the 2nd security check(where u will surrender ur phone,usb sticks et al).

Proceed to the main bldg;got my ticket stub after submitting my passport & welcome letter.Go chill outside until ur number is called.(Its at this stage where u r given the disclaimer regarding education).

My number is called..head to counter 5.
Lady:hello
Spouse&I:hello to u.
Lady:what is ur name
I:Obeez..etc
Spouse:..etc
Lady:Going thru our forms..why did u send copies to KCC
I:I didn't send copies,I emailed them..
Lady:Why did u do that.
I:Called & confirmed with KCC whether it was ok & they concurred.
lady:do u have the originals.
I:yes I do(handed them over to her)
Lady:KCSE docs & other academic certs above that.
I:handed them to her.
Lady:Ur birth certs..
Spouse&I:handed them to her.
lady:go to the cashier & pay.
I went & paid & then came back with the receipt(its cheaper to pay in dollars since the exchange rate then was $1=Kshs90:I bought my dollars for Kshs 87...thanks to Nickelly/Fomogho).
Lady:go chill outside until ur number is called.

After a while we were called to counter 8 for fingerprinting which went well.By this time,the hall had cleard out so we didn't have to go wait outside.

After what seemed to have been aeternity,then came the moment of truth..we were called to counter 10:

Lady:hello
Spouse&I:hello to u.
lady:do u swear...yadi..yadi..yada...
Spouse&I:We do.
lady:sign here..DS-230
Spouse&I:We did.
lady:going thru my docs..when did u graduate from high school.
I:the year 1644.
Lady:what did u do after that..
I:went to college to further my knowlegde..
lady:what r u doing now..
I:i'm an idler..
lady: pardon..
I:better definition of my profession..stone throwing & disturbing the peace.
Lady:went thru my forms again..oh..ok(her remarks).ur docs look ok..I'm going to give u the visa..congrats..here r the DHL instructions..yadi..yadi..yada...
Spouse&I:thank u very much...
GOD is great...(ur will be done..IJN)

My wife wasn't even asked anything despite us prepping into the wee hours..SMH

Exited the embassy @ around 1245hrs,proceeded to IOm to collect our x-ray cds & then headed home.

Collected my package from DHL ILH on the following Tuesday & my wife's on Wed..:D

America here we come...woohoo.....:p:p[/QUOTE]

Hi formulates, have away for some time running errands. Well life seems to be starting all over again here. Unfortunately the government shut down before I could get my ssn and now I can not apply for jobs till the shut down is lifted! Winter is approaching here and it's getting kinda cold.
Stay blessed.

Curtain Falls For 2013

As the curtain falls for the 2013 DVS winners, those who did not get a chance should take this opportunity to try again for the 2015. Remember never to give up. Some people tried for more than seven to ten times before they finally succeeded. For the winners the real journey has just started and we hope you will be able to settle down fast to be able to enjoy the long wait to get a place in the only remaining superpower in the world. It is a busy place where people go silent a month after arrival and you will rarely hear of them again. But a good place to do your things without anybody sniffing around to know what you are doing. Children have also a chance to go to the best schools and colleges which they can’t be able to access back home. Our prayers is LONG LIVE DVS so that many of our people can be able to get a place in the coveted land. GOD BLESSINGS and SUCCESS for those applying for 2015[FONT[/FONT]

As the curtain falls for the 2013 DVS winners, those who did not get a chance should take this opportunity to try again for the 2015. Remember never to give up. Some people tried for more than seven to ten times before they finally succeeded. For the winners the real journey has just started and we hope you will be able to settle down fast to be able to enjoy the long wait to get a place in the only remaining superpower in the world. It is a busy place where people go silent a month after arrival and you will rarely hear of them again. But a good place to do your things without anybody sniffing around to know what you are doing. Children have also a chance to go to the best schools and colleges which they can’t be able to access back home. Our prayers is LONG LIVE DVS so that many of our people can be able to get a place in the coveted land. GOD BLESSINGS and SUCCESS for those applying for 2015[FONT[/FONT]

Well said Wanjeri. You have been loyal to the forum as always. This forum has and continues to give insight to all preparing and to those already who have made the relocation.the info here gives you an edge while you land.
I urge the 2012, 2013 and 2014 to treasure the little information given here as this might be the only info you will get from fellow country men in US.
Be blessed Wanjeri and your input is forever treasured.

Is the department that gives SSN numbers and GC working now that the US shut down its government?

Hi formulates, have away for some time running errands. Well life seems to be starting all over again here. Unfortunately the government shut down before I could get my ssn and now I can not apply for jobs till the shut down is lifted! Winter is approaching here and it's getting kinda cold.
Stay blessed.

This are not the best news. I am planning to relocate very soon. If the government shut down, is there anybody working at the port of entry? What will happen if we won't have our SSN for some time, what about the online fee to USCIS...is anybody working on it or if you pay now the money will just dissolve and disappear

Dear friends,

I have question for those who already left and are in the US:

1. Can I change my address when I arrive at the P.O.E?
2. After how long do get the green card and SSN from the day I land in the US?
3. My visa expires on 27th February 2014. I plan to arrive on 18th February. Can I leave the USA about 3 weeks later if I have not received the green card yet?

Please assist me with information on this.

Thank you very much.

Ronnyblessed

This are not the best news. I am planning to relocate very soon. If the government shut down, is there anybody working at the port of entry? What will happen if we won't have our SSN for some time, what about the online fee to USCIS...is anybody working on it or if you pay now the money will just dissolve and disappear

Yes port of entry for permanent residents its business as usual, you can move and your case will be handled, uscis fees can be paid still as long as the website is working. For the ssn, you must wait because federal offices are not processing any new ssn, even replacing the new ones or lost. So even the native Americans who wish to process new ssn can't do so till the shut down is lifted. Strange but true. Brace your self as you plan to relocate, good news is negotiations are still going on and may be soon or later the shut down will be lifted.
God bless you all.

Dear friends,

1. Can I change my address when I arrive at the P.O.E?
2. After how long do get the green card and SSN from the day I land in the US?
3. My visa expires on 27th February 2014. I plan to arrive on 18th February. Can I leave the USA about 3 weeks later if I have not received the green card yet?

Thank you very much.

Ronnyblessed

1. Yes you can change your Address at POE, infant the home land security agent will ask you if you wish to change or keep the earlier one.
2. SSN is supposed to be 3 weeks mandatory from the time you enter the USA, green card -pay for uscis fees on line & it will be mailed to your address.
3. Yes you can leave the USA but return with in a year or else you must apply for re-entry permit.

Curtain Falls For

Well said Wanjeri. You have been loyal to the forum as always. This forum has and continues to give insight to all preparing and to those already who have made the relocation.the info here gives you an edge while you land.
I urge the 2012, 2013 and 2014 to treasure the little information given here as this might be the only info you will get from fellow country men in US.
Be blessed Wanjeri and your input is forever treasured.

Thanks Dubai-b. The dvs family is growing and we hope they will keep on empowering those who are looking forward to migrate through correct dissemination of information and sharing of their experiences. We hope dvs 2014 will have a smooth ride.Our joy is to be able to help even if its one person through sharing.

Stay blessed.

Oh sorry about that but you will use the stamp to get you ID for the time being.:p

Dear friends,

1. Can I change my address when I arrive at the P.O.E?.....YES YOU CAN.
2. After how long do get the green card and SSN from the day I land in the US?......3-4WEEKS. however SSN depends on how fast you apply it.
3. My visa expires on 27th February 2014. I plan to arrive on 18th February. Can I leave the USA about 3 weeks later if I have not received the green card yet?...YES YOU CAN, BUT YOU MUST RETURN BEFORE 1YEAR.

Thank you very much.

Ronnyblessed

2. After how long do get the green card and SSN from the day I land in the US?......3-4WEEKS. however SSN depends on how fast you apply it.
3. My visa expires on 27th February 2014. I plan to arrive on 18th February. Can I leave the USA about 3 weeks later if I have not received the green card yet?...YES YOU CAN, BUT YOU MUST RETURN BEFORE 1YEAR.

Thanks very very much Dubai. Tell me, how is Seattle, for a while I have been thinking of settling down there. I will appreciate any info you can give me on Seattle.

Look forward to join you and other forumites that have already relocated.

GOD bless you.

Ronnyblessed

Hi

Thanks very very much Dubai. Tell me, how is Seattle, for a while I have been thinking of settling down there. I will appreciate any info you can give me on Seattle.

Look forward to join you and other forumites that have already relocated.

GOD bless you.

Ronnyblessed

Oh really! Washington state captured my heart after i visited a friend there. The state is commonly referred to as the EVERGREEN State and its neighbors Canada. Microsoft, Boeing and Sea port are some of the biggest industries there. Having lived in this place where we get rains after few years, i couldn't help but admire the greenery and the cool, fresh air around Seattle. Sometimes the rains can be little bit stretched if you ask most guys but for me i want to cool down after years of summer seasons.
Family wise, its a good place to raise a young family in regards to school and life is not that expensive. There is a large community of Kenyans based there, and going by the trend its growing day by day, though i was taken aback by the average age. I think most young guys prefer the cities.
Housing is affordable with rates as per your requirement.
Another baffling thing is most wazees are pastors and evangelists from nyumbani.

1. Yes you can change your Address at POE, infant the home land security agent will ask you if you wish to change or keep the earlier one.
2. SSN is supposed to be 3 weeks mandatory from the time you enter the USA, green card -pay for uscis fees on line & it will be mailed to your address.
3. Yes you can leave the USA but return with in a year or else you must apply for re-entry permit.

Hello solwach,
Thanks for these answers; most of us really need to change our addresses, I now realize that. It's good to know that we can do this at POE. I guess we can also do this when we go for interviews, not so?
I can also see that we are not able to start working within the first month of our arrival within the US; so, what are you doing during this time?
But I (and maybe some other Ugandans) need to know something more about NSSF; would they accept to wire our savings to a foreign account or must it be a Ugandan account? And would they accept a third party to follow up someone's case, even if that third party is not a next of kin?

Thanks.