• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2012 winners: When did you fill out the form?

What if the system is still randomly picking up winners and so far it just scanned the first entries made at the beginning of the application period? Maybe in the next few days more people who applied on other days might be selected. After all, the instructions say to check your status between May 1st and June 30. I believe those who implemented this selection looked for any reason to discourage people from checking their entry status.

Let's try to think like the people who designed this lottery think: they already skimmed a good chunk of winners who applied on the first days and lost their confirmation number, thus preventing them from checking their status. Now they may count on further head-cuts from those who checked their status on day 1, who then believed they were never going to be selected this year, but in reality they are going to be selected in the future right before June 30. In this way, the immigration department will be still following the random selection rule, but fewer people will be likely to respond.

I applied on October 19 and was not selected.
I applied for my husband on October 24 and he was selected.

I don't believe there is any pattern. It's random.

Vichel,
look around and stop being blind from the winning. Most (95%) of the winners were on 5th and 6th.

You don't need to believe. You need to read about it.

You don't care anymore and probably being protective because of the fear that results might be cancelled. That should not happen. If they will recognize the mistake the BEST we can get is another draw for those participants with confirmation number still at hand.
I doubt they will draw again as they need to make their money from the DV-fees (40 million dollars)

Hi all,
Me and my husband entered lottery on Oct. 10. We didn't win. Today in the morning, while checking the results I accepted the fact, that we were just not lucky this time. But reading about all these people who won on the 5th and 6th of Oct. makes me question IF in fact it was a fair game.

What if the system is still randomly picking up winners and so far it just scanned the first entries made at the beginning of the application period? Maybe in the next few days more people who applied on other days might be selected. After all, the instructions say to check your status between May 1st and June 30. I believe those who implemented this selection looked for any reason to discourage people from checking their entry status.

Let's try to think like the people who designed this lottery think: they already skimmed a good chunk of winners who applied on the first days and lost their confirmation number, thus preventing them from checking their status. Now they may count on further head-cuts from those who checked their status on day 1, who then believed they were never going to be selected this year, but in reality they are going to be selected in the future right before June 30. In this way, the immigration department will be still following the random selection rule, but fewer people will be likely to respond.

I'm inclined to believe that this is being done in batches, other than that then this is just KCC taking the easy way out.

I don't want to be pessimistic but I believe this maybe deliberate so as to cause an outcry and bring question to the DV lottery, thereby giving an excuse for its discontinuation. Weird thinking I know but we will have the coming months to see. It's hard for me to accept that NO ONE at KCC noticed that the majority of winners were being drawn from only those 2 days.

My husband and I both filled out our form on 24th October and were both selected. Someone else earlier mentioned that they filled out their form on that date too and was also selected.

Strange!

I and my wife filled the form on the 16th,Oct,but we were not selected,and since its from 1st may,till June 30,We still believe we would win ....My heart is full of confidence.

Ghanaian student in US who was selected forthe VISA lottery

Hello

Sorry for hijacking your thread. Like my title says. I am a Ghanaian presently studying in the US. I heard about the lottery last year and applied while I was in collge ( I am in my 2nd year in College in the US). I checked today and found that I am a selectee ( number is 00021xxx). I really thank GOD. Despite my imperfection he continues to shower HIS GRACE on me. I didn't realize how lucky I was till I checked the number of ppl that applied.

I started reading the gov website, and am really confused. I however know that I have a process which is slightly different from the normal ( Change of status ). I am confused about what I have to do next. Would anyone be kind enough to walk me through the next steps to help me better understand what I am reading on the website. Also, I had an internship in Europe for the summer, and I am worried that I may be called for an interview while I am away. I get back in August.

Thank You