• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 winners interview!!

The New Year

Please share things for your interview for DV2012!

If there any yet?

today begins the new year and the journey begins for us 2012 guys. let keep sharing our progress here.

Hope all the 2011 guys got what they wanted. 2012 guys all the best in our pursuit.......

today begins the new year and the journey begins for us 2012 guys. let keep sharing our progress here.

Hope all the 2011 guys got what they wanted. 2012 guys all the best in our pursuit.......

yes you are right.let keep on posting.

It would definitely be nice if everyone could share their experiences here. Good Luck DV2012 winners!

My interview is this coming Tuesday in Sydney. Hopefully I will have a positive experience to report to everyone. All the best to everyone else and for entrants in DV-2013!

My interview is this coming Tuesday in Sydney. Hopefully I will have a positive experience to report to everyone. All the best to everyone else and for entrants in DV-2013!

All the best lets hope for a great start to the year with you.

Best of Luck to you

reggin_au,

We pray that you have a successful interview and that all of us that follow will have successful interview as well. Please let us know you interview experience and may we all rejoice for The Almighty God has Blessed us all.

Good Luck.

I had my interview yesterday in Sydney and was successful. It was such a nerve racking experience and got little sleep the night before. In the end it was easy which is exactly what I had read on this forum previously and I know if you read this you will still be nervous which is natural but I hope my experience will help prepare you for
the big day!

My interview was at 8am. I got to the embassy around 740. There were two other groups ahead of me and just as I was headed to the doors security were opening up.
We lined up and went through security. On the Sydney Consulate website it said not to bring any form of bag as there was no storage facilities available however there
was storage. I left my mobile phone at home so didnt have anything to leave with security. In the same room was several rows of chairs and was asked to sit on the frontrow. The two other groups of people also sat down, they were also winners of the DV Lottery. After a couple minutes of waiting we were ushered into a lift and taken to
different floor of the building. Upon reaching the floor there was a booth where we once again lined up, showed our passports and group by group let into a different
room. It was nothing like what I expected, the best thing to compare it to would be a bank, there were 7 counters no visas and then more down the other end for
Citizenship Services. We each took a numbered ticket and were asked to sit down.

I was number 3 and waited around 10minutes to be called. The woman, who was Australian was very friendly and asked for all my documents. I handed over my confirmation letter, police check, court record, yr12 graduation papers and birth certificate. I was then asked to go to the cashiers counter and pay the fee which was AUD$819 and come back. She looked them over one by one and then proceeded to tell me that the Consulate had not received my medical documents, I had seen the doctor two weeks prior so this was worrying. She asked me to sit down again. I probably waited for maybe 10 minutes but it felt like an hour. By this stage two more DV winners and several groups of US Citizens had arrived. I was called back to the same counter by the same lady and they had located my medical records. It turns out thatthe doctor had not written my first name on the form so they had been filed under my middle and last names, it was such a relief. She had a piece of paper out and
proceeded to check off my documents one by one. On the original forms I filled out and sent to the Consular in Kentucky she asked me why I had checked no for a
criminal conviction when I had one. The conviction was for driving an unregistered car and that I wasnt aware at the time of filling out the paperwork it was deemed a
criminal conviction. She was satisfied with my answer and asked me to change it on the form and sign next to it. I had my finger prints taken and she then asked me to
sit down and wait to be interviewed. By this stage I was feeling quite confident about things.

As I waited one of the DV winners ahead of me was being interviewed by the second lady I would eventually be interviewed by. From over hearing their conversation it
tuns out he didnt have a police check and had to go to the police station and have it done before they could process his Visa. I was then called up by the same women.
She looked over my paperwork that the other lady had given her and told me I had to sign up for selective service. I told her the other lady I didnt have to as had alreadyturned 26 which turned out to be correct and i didnt have to sign it. She asked for more fingerprints to be taken and asked me several questions, namely about my
previous trips to the United States and if I had overstayed on the VWP at all. She also asked if I had a friend or family member in the United States and if I would stay
with them upon my arrival, I said yes and that was it Visa approved. She gave me a slip of paper which said my Visa had been Approved and a tracking number for my
Postage Bag I had pre-purchased and brought with me. I was out of the Consulate about 930 so all up it took about 90mins which wasn't bad at all.

The best advice I can give is make sure you have all your documents. If you are not sure about a document take it with you anyway just incase. I took bank and property statements just incase. I think as a rule they dont ask for these at the Sydney Consulate but you never know. Also make sure you dont rush yourself in the morning, give
yourself plenty of time and just stay relaxed. I also forgot to mention the first lady asked for a passport photograph even though this was not on the Syd Consulate
information pdf however fortunately for me I had spares on me. I hope this information helps future Interviewees and if you have anything questions please don't hesitate
to ask!

I had my interview yesterday in Sydney and was successful. It was such a nerve racking experience and got little sleep the night before. In the end it was easy which is exactly what I had read on this forum previously and I know if you read this you will still be nervous which is natural but I hope my experience will help prepare you for
the big day!

My interview was at 8am. I got to the embassy around 740. There were two other groups ahead of me and just as I was headed to the doors security were opening up.
We lined up and went through security. On the Sydney Consulate website it said not to bring any form of bag as there was no storage facilities available however there
was storage. I left my mobile phone at home so didnt have anything to leave with security. In the same room was several rows of chairs and was asked to sit on the frontrow. The two other groups of people also sat down, they were also winners of the DV Lottery. After a couple minutes of waiting we were ushered into a lift and taken to
different floor of the building. Upon reaching the floor there was a booth where we once again lined up, showed our passports and group by group let into a different
room. It was nothing like what I expected, the best thing to compare it to would be a bank, there were 7 counters no visas and then more down the other end for
Citizenship Services. We each took a numbered ticket and were asked to sit down.

I was number 3 and waited around 10minutes to be called. The woman, who was Australian was very friendly and asked for all my documents. I handed over my confirmation letter, police check, court record, yr12 graduation papers and birth certificate. I was then asked to go to the cashiers counter and pay the fee which was AUD$819 and come back. She looked them over one by one and then proceeded to tell me that the Consulate had not received my medical documents, I had seen the doctor two weeks prior so this was worrying. She asked me to sit down again. I probably waited for maybe 10 minutes but it felt like an hour. By this stage two more DV winners and several groups of US Citizens had arrived. I was called back to the same counter by the same lady and they had located my medical records. It turns out thatthe doctor had not written my first name on the form so they had been filed under my middle and last names, it was such a relief. She had a piece of paper out and
proceeded to check off my documents one by one. On the original forms I filled out and sent to the Consular in Kentucky she asked me why I had checked no for a
criminal conviction when I had one. The conviction was for driving an unregistered car and that I wasnt aware at the time of filling out the paperwork it was deemed a
criminal conviction. She was satisfied with my answer and asked me to change it on the form and sign next to it. I had my finger prints taken and she then asked me to
sit down and wait to be interviewed. By this stage I was feeling quite confident about things.

As I waited one of the DV winners ahead of me was being interviewed by the second lady I would eventually be interviewed by. From over hearing their conversation it
tuns out he didnt have a police check and had to go to the police station and have it done before they could process his Visa. I was then called up by the same women.
She looked over my paperwork that the other lady had given her and told me I had to sign up for selective service. I told her the other lady I didnt have to as had alreadyturned 26 which turned out to be correct and i didnt have to sign it. She asked for more fingerprints to be taken and asked me several questions, namely about my
previous trips to the United States and if I had overstayed on the VWP at all. She also asked if I had a friend or family member in the United States and if I would stay
with them upon my arrival, I said yes and that was it Visa approved. She gave me a slip of paper which said my Visa had been Approved and a tracking number for my
Postage Bag I had pre-purchased and brought with me. I was out of the Consulate about 930 so all up it took about 90mins which wasn't bad at all.

The best advice I can give is make sure you have all your documents. If you are not sure about a document take it with you anyway just incase. I took bank and property statements just incase. I think as a rule they dont ask for these at the Sydney Consulate but you never know. Also make sure you dont rush yourself in the morning, give
yourself plenty of time and just stay relaxed. I also forgot to mention the first lady asked for a passport photograph even though this was not on the Syd Consulate
information pdf however fortunately for me I had spares on me. I hope this information helps future Interviewees and if you have anything questions please don't hesitate
to ask!

congratulation.... Thanks for the info,it's really helpful

Dear DV 2012 Winners,

First,We thank our ever faithful GOD for the successful completion of DV 2011 FISCAL YEAR.It started well and ended well.All glory be unto GOD in his holy name,AMEN.We now decree that same GOD that was with us throughout the year DV 2011 VISA LOTTERY will continue manifest his infinite power,mercy and favour unto ALL those successful WINNERS of DV 2012 VISA LOTTERY.You shall ALL succeed IJN,AMEN.

We implore all DV 2012 Lottery winners to continue to focus on GOD cos he his the only one that has power and can do what other pple think can't be done.HE IS OMNIPOTENT,OMNISCIENCE nd OMNIPRESENCE,ancient of days,alpha nd omega,the beginning nd the End.

GOD, we will continue to glorify your holy name till eternity nd from everlasting to everlasting,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Praise GOD for successful DV 2011 FISCAL YEAR nd praise GOD for another successful DV 2012 FISCAL YEAR that has just arrived IJN,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PEACE UNTO YOU ALL IN JESUS NAME,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DV 2012 Interview(Nigeria)

Would be nice to share interview experiences in the house! Wud be sharing mine later this month! On d 26th to be precised. Success is d only option.

How long is the validity of medical report in nigeria

How long is the validity of medical report in nigeria? can one obtain another police report if one stays 3 month after issuance of visa?