• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2012 winners help thread!

LoveAmerica

Registered Users (C)
This thread is going to be solely used in helping explain unexplained questions and any other help any selectees of the DV 2012 lottery need for their pursue of a successful process towards their GC! :D

Hi,

Please can anyone furnish me with the time frame for interview at the US embassy in London.
CN : 2012AF00012***
Notified on 15th July 2011
Forms Sent To KCC 18th July 2011
DHL confirm delivery 20th July 2011
Waiting For Confirmation from KCC.

My number is really high, 2012AS0006XXXX. Is this because of the redraw? may be they started from where the canceled number sequence ended? Otherwise looking at past years numbers, I have no chance of the number being current before Sep 2012. Also, they only draw 100K and Asia cannot have 60K of the allowance.

Also, what does NL1 and NL2 stand for that is commonly used in this forum?

My number is really high, 2012AS0006XXXX. Is this because of the redraw? may be they started from where the canceled number sequence ended? Otherwise looking at past years numbers, I have no chance of the number being current before Sep 2012.

Don't worry, you will have an interview when Asia becomes current the last month like it has done every other year. You will get a chance :eek:

Is this with AOS or CP. I am currently in US and change of status will take 4 months to process. That does give enough time? Do we need to have the interview before Sep 2012 or the forms need to be in before Sep 2012?

My number is really high, 2012AS0006XXXX. Is this because of the redraw? may be they started from where the canceled number sequence ended? Otherwise looking at past years numbers, I have no chance of the number being current before Sep 2012. Also, they only draw 100K and Asia cannot have 60K of the allowance.

Also, what does NL1 and NL2 stand for that is commonly used in this forum?

Be careful, you can complete an Adjustment of Status with that high case number. You're likely to have your interview schedule in September - the last month of the fiscal year, and there is no way you can complete the process in the same month. Your likely bet is doing consular processing in your home country.

How did you send your forms?

Hi,

Please can anyone furnish me with the time frame for interview at the US embassy in London.
CN : 2012AF00012***
Notified on 15th July 2011
Forms Sent To KCC 18th July 2011
DHL confirm delivery 20th July 2011
Waiting For Confirmation from KCC.

I've some questions about form DS-230 and DSP 122.

How should I fill them? Which one of the bellow approaches is correct ?

1) print them and then write the answers(by pen) and then post them by DHL
print the blank form--> answer by pen ---> post by DHL

2) Fill them digitaly, by using the acrobat reader(type) and then print them and post them by DHL
type the answers in acrobat reader ---> print the form---> post by DHL

fill digitally

Hi,
I filled digitally to avoid error..

I've some questions about form DS-230 and DSP 122.

How should I fill them? Which one of the bellow approaches is correct ?

1) print them and then write the answers(by pen) and then post them by DHL
print the blank form--> answer by pen ---> post by DHL

2) Fill them digitaly, by using the acrobat reader(type) and then print them and post them by DHL
type the answers in acrobat reader ---> print the form---> post by DHL

AOS or CP

Hey guys, I need some help.

My wife won the lottery and she is in the US on F1. I'm outside of the US in Canada working. Our case number is pretty high EU25xxx.

We have to apply together since she indicated my country of birth as country of chargeability. She was born in different country, so no matter what we do we have to do it together.

Which option would be better for us?

1. Me getting F2 visa and entering in the US April - May and doing AOS from there (could be a problem getting so much time off from work)
OR

2. We both going to our home country for CP (also kinda bad, since she is in school)

I am leaning towards option 2, I think it should be faster.

Any advice?

Hi guys

After reading so many threads in this forum, I think I will go for CP with my CN AS00039xxx. I do not want to take the risk that USCIS will not finish the AOS process by 09/30/12.
So I will send DSP-122 and DS-230 to KCC soon, and wait for notification for the interview in my home country. I know that will be the month with "Current" sometime in 2012.

My question is that what if the VB of 2012 shows a good sign that I do not have to wait that long in Asia, is that possible I still can send $440 to DOS and wait to send I-485 to USCIS?
What should I do to contact KCC that I will change my mind and do AOS in USA?

Photo size for form DS 230

Hai is it correct that the photo size for complete form DS 230 is 5cmx5cm?and the question form 230 no 10 and 11 about address in USA should we fill in with USA address only?How about if I answer N/A will they (KCC) sent the green card to my country?

dv-2012...son living in another country!

My aunt and her two children are selected for further processing for the dv-lottery 2012.Last year when she applied, her son was 20 years old (he is 21 now) and I think he is eligible to go to US with his mother but at the moment he is living in another country, in western Europe and the lawyer there has promised him that he will have his permanent papers pretty soon. Meanwhile my aunt has to fill out form ds-230 for both of her children. Her son doesn't want to risk and go to his home country because he says what if they don't get the visa! My question is: Should my aunt fill out form ds-230 for her son if he doesn't want to go or no? When she goes to the interview at the embassy is it going to be a problem that her son is not going to be there because when she applied for dv-lottery she entered her son's name also? Does she need to show any proof to the embassy that her son is not living in his home country? Can somebody help me please with these questions? It's been 9 days since my aunt has received the notice and she needs to fill out the forms as quickly as possible. Thank you!