• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 winners from Ghana Please Report Here for all Information

USA-DEY-BE

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,my name is K.Owusu.My wife and I won the Visa lottery back in 2010 and have successfully migrated to the USA and doing very well here.The DV 2012 results have been released today(15th JULY 2011).Check your status and report here.Although winning the DV lottery and the following procedures are very stressful and tedious.I think its a wonderful experience and you will love it if you prepare very well. In the next few days,I will be sharing my experiences with you and lead you through all that you have to do to obtain the US Visa and come and Join us here

I will take my time to answer all your questions,your difficulties and anything you don't understand.Please don't go and pay anyone for any information.I have passed through it all,know what it is like and will able to help you with as much information as possible.

Thanks for Joining.and Welcome.America Dey Bee k3k3!!!lol.I will be waiting for you guys.

what do when you dont have no money yet you have to go interview

I have a friend that has been invited for interview on the 8th August, problem she is financially broke but will be able to foot her medical and visa fees. what do you advise.

well,she would have to pay around $879 dollars at the embassy.if she doesnt' have the money,she has to borrow from a friend and pay later.if she tries to postpone her interview,it will be bad news for her.

if you took part in the DV 2012 process,pls go to this site wwwdvlotterystategov and check if you won.if you did,come back here and lets get talking

CN: 2011AF00037XXX
NL Rcvd: 1st May 2010
Forms Sent to KCC: 17th May 2010
KCC Confirms Receipt: 15 July 2010
2nd Letter Received: 7 Jan 2011
Medical Started: 10 Jan 2011
2 Police Certs. Received:24 Jan 2011
Medical Completed: 24 May 2011
Interview Date: 7th Feb 2011

Last edited by a moderator:
i have been selected for 2012

I hope to go with me wife and 2 kids,but the 2nd child was not born when filling the forms.what proof should i send?

I hope to go with me wife and 2 kids,but the 2nd child was not born when filling the forms.what proof should i send?

You could send a DNA result ,the child's birth certificate and pictures of u and the Child .If you send the Forms back to KCC, add the Child's name.once they have it on their system it wont be a problem at all for u.

Thank you very much.

But one issue is that i got married traditionally and have not registered my marriage.what should i do?

But one issue is that i got married traditionally and have not registered my marriage.what should i do?
Yes traditional marriage is acceptable at the embassy.register it at the court or the metropolitan area in which you took your traditional marriage. for eg.u did it Kumasi so go register it at KMA. if it were in Accra, you will go to AMA etc.so register it now.but be sure to state the DATE on which the marriage took place.

kingzola,

Congratulations! As ammeck09 said please register and if you can let your wife bear your name as Mrs as well. This will also help.

Hey ammeck09, how are things going? After a long time I thought I should come back to testify of God's grace and love towards my family. I'm in Las Vegas now and all is well. God has bless us with a new baby girls and I also have a very powerful job in a telecommunication company. God Bless you ammeck09 for your love, care and all the support you gave us. God bless us all!

Hey ammeck09, how are things going? After a long time I thought I should come back to testify of God's grace and love towards my family. I'm in Las Vegas now and all is well. God has bless us with a new baby girls and I also have a very powerful job in a telecommunication company. God Bless you ammeck09 for your love, care and all the support you gave us. God bless us all!
Good to hear finally from you. I'm happy that everything is working right for you and your family. Let's give thanks to God for blessing your family with a beautiful girl. My regards to all.

interview questions

Dear brothers and sister who have won the DV lottery. i have won the dv lottery and i have been given an interview date in November. please could you advice me on some of the interview questions they ask and other things you may say or proof to increase your visa chances.thanks and i hope to hear from someone soon.:)

Dear brothers and sister who have won the DV lottery. i have won the dv lottery and i have been given an interview date in November. please could you advice me on some of the interview questions they ask and other things you may say or proof to increase your visa chances.thanks and i hope to hear from someone soon.:)
Everything is about yourself, most importantly keep abreast with your high school or diploma/degree courses. If you did a final project in school, go over it many times. They may ask you questions about the project, aims, objectives, rational, conclusion, or even a summary of it. The questions are specific to each applicant's background, there are no set or standard questions. If you are single then you may get more questions about your education. Your educational qualifications will determined the sort of questions to expect, for instance if your highest qualification is high school diploma, then expect questions on your electives or simple math and English like nouns, adjectives, verbs, solving simple mathematical equations.
My advice is to be calm in front of the interview officer. I believe you will make it IJN.