• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2012: Who threw away their Confirmation Number? Contact KCC

win dv

Registered Users (C)
How many of you guys threw away your confirmation number?

I suggest that you contact KCC and request that they resend it to you because of the new developments concerning the results. It doesn't hurt to try.;)

In this day age who would keeps only a hard copy of their confirmation #? How hard is it to email the CN to yourself after you submit the application in Oct-Nov. This way you will always have it. Seriously people. It's not that hard. Think.
Also if you've checked your status chances are that your browser has stored your CN so go in settings and retrieve it...

In this day age who would keeps only a hard copy of their confirmation #? How hard is it to email the CN to yourself after you submit the application in Oct-Nov. This way you will always have it. Seriously people. It's not that hard. Think.
Also if you've checked your status chances are that your browser has stored your CN so go in settings and retrieve it...

Please expain it to me how to retrieve it?

i need to know as well. Next time I'll save to email, word and back up drive. But now I need to get this info back. I agree, it would have been wise to save a copy electonically but we didn't. If you know the step help us.

Out of curiosity - what made you throw you number away?

Didn't you think they might request it in further paperwork at some point?

The registration site explicitly says that you *must* keep your copy.

I did not win when I checked and THEN i threw it away. Do you think that it may come in handy for the losers in the future??? Bizarre....

I saves the confirmation until may 1st, checked the status - was not selected. then I trew it away.
So there would have been no reason to hold on to that number - there would be no further paperwork/processing.
The registration did say to keep it, which I did, up to the point of may 1st and I was not selected.

Now based on this issue of a redraw and the fact that I no longer have my confirmation number is my dilemma

How many of you guys threw away your confirmation number?

I suggest that you contact KCC and request that they resend it to you because of the new developments concerning the results. It doesn't hurt to try.;)

Guy, i almost vex throw my own away. I thank God my wife kept it somewhere. Where would i start from? It was this morning my wife brought it out of her drawer. no be God

Guy, i almost vex throw my own away. I thank God my wife kept it somewhere. Where would i start from? It was this morning my wife brought it out of her drawer. no be God
It was not kept in vain my friend. July 15th is 'our time'. If God says yes, who can say no? Who can shut the door that He's has or is about to open? Nobody!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
@ ovicity. Hi my broda let pray that this latest development is for your favour IJMN! Gudluck and God bless!

@Heavenborn, guy where av u been now? Av been trying to reach u on phone. God will do it for us this time oooo. I cant wait for july 15th. Thanks for that wonderfull prayer. I dey chat with KennyEast via yahoo chat. The guy say chicago cold. Wen u go travell now? Pls try and live Naija on time. All the best bro and remain blessed.

I'm surprised at those who won the 'first round' and threw away their confirmation number. I think they did not read the dv instructions before and after checking their results. Because if they have done that they wouldn't have thrown their confirmation numbers away. The dv instruction clearly states that you will need this number to check your status and notify you of date and time of your interview. So why should you throw it away? This is a quote from the dv-2012 instructions:
"Entry Status Check will be the sole means of informing you of your selection for DV-2012, providing instructions to you on how to proceed with your application, and notifying you of the date and time of your appointment for your immigrant visa interview."

I quite agree with those who found out they were not selected could easily discard their confirmation numbers. But at this modern times, where technology is easily accessible, this could be easily saved in your email, pc, removable disc or print out. It should be kept until such a time that the dv period is over.

@ ovicity. My broda i dey plan to leave Nija by 2nd week of june.. Thanks for the call, i really appreciate! My regards to ur family. God bless!

If anyone offers to help retrieve ur CN know its a false statement because KCC will not even attend to you with ur ordinary full name and D O B. I advice you forget about it. Get me on 08027012310