• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 Lottery Winners From Ethiopia Meet Here

hi all, i think i need some information. i am the winner of dv 2012 and checked the status so lately like on august 8 and managed to send it like on 12 and they recived my mail on 16th of august. As i have read the september bulettin on the kcc website, case number under 7000 will be concidered on october, which means the cut off line is 7000. Mine is like just below this line. My question is that i still did not recive the second notification letter through online or pobox. but i have like few weeks before the end of the october? do u think that i will recive the second letter with in this very short time?
thank you

hi all, i think i need some information. i am the winner of dv 2012 and checked the status so lately like on august 8 and managed to send it like on 12 and they recived my mail on 16th of august. As i have read the september bulettin on the kcc website, case number under 7000 will be concidered on october, which means the cut off line is 7000. Mine is like just below this line. My question is that i still did not recive the second notification letter through online or pobox. but i have like few weeks before the end of the october? do u think that i will recive the second letter with in this very short time?
thank you

HI SOLO2000,

Congra!!! for your winning for DV 2012, for sure you will receive the 2nd letter, if not please request KCC your appointment date for the interview.

hi solo2000,
being current doesnt mean you will have an interview in the same month if processing of ur case is not finished.from ur post i learned that u sent the forms back to KCC lately so ur case might not be finished yet.so just request to kcc to confirm ur interview date or ur case processing.about the 2nl,according to the 2012 instruction KCC will not be sending it via regular mail instead they will email u with an update to check ur interview date,time and place on ES C website.

Hi Hela,
Ginger has answered some of ur guestions and as for the others i'll give some advices soon when i got an internet connection from my pc right now am using my phone so it is giving be difficult time to write.but dont worry since ur case number is high u will have lots of time to proceed.

Solo2000, i don't have a clear information on this but one thing for sure u should have to do is i think u have to finish all the civil documents as fast as possible. GOOD LUCK!

today my husband got email saying You have won the USA DV Visa Immigration Program to America. Send your NAME and ADDRESS for final approval. with an email address "!!info@Visa Immigration!!" <info@vis.org> so i think this is one of the fraud things harsh peoples do. if it is official thing, i may be informed even though we already know that we are one of the winners.

I alrady had the paper with me, while i went for the interview but i didn't hand over to
the CO, instead i gave him my payment slip from my work and my Tax card
i am not even sure they go through all this documents, but from others experience
it is not required, if you around this forum until your interview date, you will read the the experience of dv 2012....

if you can show some money in the bank, you don't need to get this paper
the idea here is for you not be a public charge, if you don' t have a way to support your self until you get used to life in the US,

hi Gingerr,
thanks for the prompt reply, i dont think that we are going to get some one to feel this form for us, so if not that major we can leave it but what was your experience? did the embassy asked you about it during the interview?

i need some more info on this matter!
on the september bulettine contains information for september visas and at last it also indicats the ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN OCTOBER. SO DOES IT MEAN THAT THEIR WILL BE NO BULETTINE IN SEPTEMBER? IF THERE IS BULETTINE IN SEPTEMBER, IS THAT TO summarizes the availability of immigrant numbers during OCTOBER?
THE OTHERTHING DO YOU THINK THAT APPLICATIONS ARRIVED IN MID OF AUGUST WILL BE APPOINTED ON OCTOBER?

tHANK YOU

hi hela,
the email ur hus received is definetly a scam.in the 1st place US wont notifie selectees via email or mail,in the second place the official US web or email address domain ends only with '.gov',if not it's a fraude.

thanks fikalab.

hi hela,
the email ur hus received is definetly a scam.in the 1st place US wont notifie selectees via email or mail,in the second place the official US web or email address domain ends only with '.gov',if not it's a fraude.

what did u do on authentication of your degree? I mean the cost sharing issue? and where is the authentication done for each of the documents (transcript, eslc and degree)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hallow everyone,
Yesterday i asked KCC about affidavit of support and what they answered to me is

Thank you for your inquiry.
KCC is not authorized to assist you with this issue. Please contact the American Embassy/Consulate with jurisdiction over your area for further information.

so, do i have to call the embassy? will they answer my question or do i have to ask the embassy ppls at the gate?
thank you

Good morning guys:
I wanna say congratulation to everyone here and best wishes.

I was fortunate enough to be selected for DV 2012. I am from Morocco (Foreign state Chargeability = Egypt), and since I am always reading about high and low case numbers, I am wondering if my case number is high or low, and is there an interview chance? and when will be my interview according to your experiences
Case Number : 2012AF000224**
Thanks in advance.

Hallow everyone,
Yesterday i asked KCC about affidavit of support and what they answered to me is

Thank you for your inquiry.
KCC is not authorized to assist you with this issue. Please contact the American Embassy/Consulate with jurisdiction over your area for further information.
so, do i have to call the embassy? will they answer my question or do i have to ask the embassy ppls at the gate?
thank you
Hi Hela,
From my past experience i met no one who is asked to present the AoS at Addis Ababa US Embassy so u dont need to worry about it but if u got somebody who can fill it for you it will boost your confidence at day of your interview.you can also ask the security officers or by phone as well to be confident on that matter.May God be with u.

Good morning guys:
I wanna say congratulation to everyone here and best wishes.

I was fortunate enough to be selected for DV 2012. I am from Morocco (Foreign state Chargeability = Egypt), and since I am always reading about high and low case numbers, I am wondering if my case number is high or low, and is there an interview chance? and when will be my interview according to your experiences
Case Number : 2012AF000224**
Thanks in advance.

Hi Geen_Vertouwen,
Since your Foreign sate of changeability is Egypt,yes your case number is some how high but if you have seen the visa bulletin of the previous years Egypt has been always current for September that means you will definitely have an interview before September if the cut off numbers progress are like the previous years.my guess for your interview is March or April but u can also see the previous Visa Bulletins in the following link:
http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5228.html

i need some more info on this matter!
on the september bulettine contains information for september visas and at last it also indicats the ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN OCTOBER. SO DOES IT MEAN THAT THEIR WILL BE NO BULETTINE IN SEPTEMBER? IF THERE IS BULETTINE IN SEPTEMBER, IS THAT TO summarizes the availability of immigrant numbers during OCTOBER?
THE OTHERTHING DO YOU THINK THAT APPLICATIONS ARRIVED IN MID OF AUGUST WILL BE APPOINTED ON OCTOBER?

tHANK YOU

Hi Solo2000,
The visa bulletin for the month of September is not for you,the DV 2012,it is for the winners of DV 2011.To make it clear,The fiscal Year of every DV Program starts in October and ends in September,so for DV 2012 winners the Interview starts on October 1,2011 and it ends on September 30,2012.About your second Question,in my opinion i think sending the form in August is kind of late so i dont think you will have your interview in October,may be in November or December.the thing that u have to do now is just send an email to KCC requesting your interview date with the following email Address, kccdv@state.gov,so that they will tell u the stage of your case.but dont forget to write your full name ,Date of Birth and full case number at the end of your request.Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Hela,
From my past experience i met no one who is asked to present the AoS at Addis Ababa US Embassy so u dont need to worry about it but if u got somebody who can fill it for you it will boost your confidence at day of your interview.you can also ask the security officers or by phone as well to be confident on that matter.May God be with u.

Thanks a lot Fikalab, may God help me and let Ethiopia be current at September 2012, so that our case no is included on previous months.

hi Fikalab, selam new? so i think nothing is wrong with our forms, let God help us till the end. i juz wanna ask u about medical and police, i saw some of the physicians who are eligible to do the medical test with their hospital list from the embassy website. is it the second notification letter that we wait for to go to police? these dayz the police record processing took almost a month, shall we wait until the 2NL comes or is it possible to start by the first NL only? and about authentication of degree and transcript, what is needed and i heard it is from ministry of foreign affair and ministry of education? what things should we take to them? does ministry card needs authentication? so how is life with u? did u already left the country or still in here? THANKS

Hi Hela,
For Medical test the 2NL is required,almost every one has been asked for it but according to Ginger's case sometimes they might not asked to see the 2NL but Pursuant to the Embassy Notice,any DV winner should Present their 2NL to the Clinic on the day of the Medical test.Contrary to that for Police Certificate and Passport the 2NL is not required but if u take it with u it will expedite the process.for example for Police Certificate it might take 2 weeks to 4 weeks but if u Present the 2Nl they will finish it for u with in Two Days and for the Passport case i went to immigration office in December 2010 with out the 2NL and it took me 41 days with 3 appointments zo i heard it is now shortened to 10 days but it took only 3days for my wife with 2 appointments when she went there with her 2NL.
As for the Academic documents Authentication just see the Procedures i will post.but authenticating the University degree is not the requirement for DV case even they dont want u to present the Higher level Certificate at the interview but from what i have seen in my experience if u present it with your other documents will boost your case.
My advice for you regarding the Medical and Police certificate,dont do them at this moment coz the Medical will be expired in 6months and the Police certificate in 3 Months.but your post indicates that both your and your hubby's profession is in health related so you might have contact with the TB patients,and if that is the case i will advice you to check your self for the TB bacteria and just in case if you have the bacteria whether it is latent or active,it is better to start the treating sooner that latter coz if u can finish the treatment before the deadline of the DV fiscal year,Sep 30,2012,u will have the chance to go to US.but dont forget that this might happen only if u have contact with TB patients.As for me i am still in Addis and i hope i will go in October,off-course with the help of God.

one thing i forgot is my husband finished from grade 12 so he has eslce certificat but i do have two certificates, grade 10 and 12 (preparatory) which one should i authenticate? and what is AF-support? i read it some where. what is Financial Documents? is it necessary?

As ginger said,only the Primary applicant's Academic documents is required but i heard some Employers request the high school certificates in order to hire and if u can afford to pay for the authentication just do both 10th and 12th one.Read the Procedure i will post on how to authenticate them.