• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 Lottery Winners From Ethiopia Meet Here

fikaleb

Registered Users (C)
DV 2012 result is launched as of may 1 and so i invite all Ethiopian winners to meet here and share their experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am expecting this year most Ethiopian winners will participate in this thread coz the forms to be filled are online.

i wana know what to do next

I am expecting this year most Ethiopian winners will participate in this thread coz the forms to be filled are online.

i am a winner of 2012 dv loto. what is next to get my visa. pls let me know
alaz

i am a winner of 2012 dv loto. what is next to get my visa. pls let me know
alaz

Hi Alaz,
Are u from Ethiopia? and it will be better if u could include your signature like we did so that everyone could answer your question easily.any ways as for your question;i think when u got your winning notification in the ESC website there is an instruction and u need to read that very carefully.your first move should be filling the DS 230 and DSP 122 forms and sent to KCC via mail either via postal service or courier Services(DHL,FedEx,EMS..).if u have any specific question u can ask here on this forum.

For October, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2012 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:
Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 8,500

Except: Egypt 5,000
Ethiopia 7,000
Nigeria 7,000
ASIA 8,000
EUROPE 8,500
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 3
OCEANIA 300
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 400

The following is the statistical breakdown by foreign-state chargeability of those registered for the DV-2012 program:

AFRICA,
ALGERIA 1,799,ANGOLA 42,BENIN 511,BOTSWANA 7,BURKINA FASO 226,BURUNDI 56,CAMEROON 3,374,CAPE VERDE 9,Central Africa REP. 3,CHAD 33,COMOROS 9
CONGO 105,CONGO, DEMOCRATIC,REPUBLIC OF THE 3,445,COTE IVOIRE 553,DJIBOUTI 38,EGYPT 4,664,EQUATORIAL GUINEA 4,ERITREA 670,
ETHIOPIA 4,902,
GABON 48,GAMBIA, THE 113,GHANA 5,832,GUINEA 899,GUINEA-BISSAU 3,KENYA 4,72,LESOTHO 8,LIBERIA 2,101,LIBYA 136,MADAGASCAR 17,MALAWI 16,MALI 76MAURITANIA 29,MAURITIUS 59MOROCCO 1,890,MOZAMBIQUE 13,NAMIBIA 10,NIGER 32,NIGERIA 6,024,RWANDA 33,SAO TOME AND,PRINCIPE,SENEGAL 270,SEYCHELLES 6,SIERRA LEONE 3,397,SOMALIA 175,SOUTH AFRICA 833,SUDAN 757,SWAZILAND ,TANZANIA 175,TOGO 845,TUNISIA 113,UGANDA 418,ZAMBIA 79,ZIMBABWE 123.

4902 Ethiopians Have won the 2012 DV lottery,where are u winners come to this forum and get valuable Information.

hi Fikalab and Helen Hailu, i already read your dv experiences, thanks for sharing, me and my husband are one of the winners( we are from Ethiopia), we both are graduates of health fields, now i just want to ask you about a case of new born baby. I am 5 months pregnant and we already sent our forms to KCC, so do we have to send forms to kcc for the baby too? (if the baby is born before interview date is settled?) and what if they sent us the NL before i gave birth? our case no is 2012AF25xxxx. and what shall we do if we want to take the baby latter after we got settled? i mean on DS-230 for question 29 it says who will follow u now and latter so it should be on our part to fill our baby to go latter but the baby is not born yet so we fill N/A on the space who follow latter, so how we are going inform KCC that we want the baby to go latter? and is it difficult to take the baby with us? and if we left the baby here, how long does it take to take him latter? thanks

sorry the case no is 2012AF00025xxx, and when will be our interview according to your experiences...any advice is valuable.

For October, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2012 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:
Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 8,500

Except: Egypt 5,000
Ethiopia 7,000
Nigeria 7,000
ASIA 8,000
EUROPE 8,500
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 3
OCEANIA 300
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 400

Hi Helen,
How is the preparation and which city of Maryland are u intended to go? send me your email address in Private Message.

hi Fikalab and Helen Hailu, i already read your dv experiences, thanks for sharing, me and my husband are one of the winners( we are from Ethiopia), we both are graduates of health fields, now i just want to ask you about a case of new born baby. I am 5 months pregnant and we already sent our forms to KCC, so do we have to send forms to kcc for the baby too? (if the baby is born before interview date is settled?) and what if they sent us the NL before i gave birth? our case no is 2012AF25xxxx. and what shall we do if we want to take the baby latter after we got settled? i mean on DS-230 for question 29 it says who will follow u now and latter so it should be on our part to fill our baby to go latter but the baby is not born yet so we fill N/A on the space who follow latter, so how we are going inform KCC that we want the baby to go latter? and is it difficult to take the baby with us? and if we left the baby here, how long does it take to take him latter? thanks

Hi Hela,
First of all i just want to say congratulation to u and your husband and u just come to this forum at the right time.who is the winner,u or your husband? here are the answers for your questions

1.You are not expected to fill your unborn child on DS-230 Form but after the baby is born u may fill the child and sent the Form either via Postal Service or u can also email it.if u can not do that with any reason it is not a problem coz u can fill him/her at the day of your interview zo it is preferable updating KCC about any changes to your case even u can update KCC the correction if u made mistakes when u fill your Forms.
2.If they send u the 2NL(Appointment Letter) before u give birth,which is unlikely since your case number is high and u are left with 4 months to give birth,u should not do anything but go to your interview and after that give birth in US!
3.U did right in filling 'N/A' for the Q.29 and u dont have to do anything before the baby is born and u dont need to update KCC about that but if he is born before your interview date u should fill the baby and then u call fill the form either to accompany u or follow u latter but since your case number is high for Ethiopian winner your interview will most probably be at the end of DV fiscal year so it is better to fill the baby to accompany u coz u will have 6months after u got your visa so u can go with out your child,settle there,and come back for your baby before the visa expire.

sorry the case no is 2012AF00025xxx, and when will be our interview according to your experiences...any advice is valuable.

Your case number seems a little bit High for Ethiopia so u will have a lot of time to prepare until then just relax and read information on this form and concentrate on your current job.i will give u Previous Visa Bulletin so that u can guess yourself when your interview date will be.My guess is May or June.

Here is the Visa Bulletin Link so u can read the previous years too:
http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1770.html

are you sure that the forms are to be filled online? i don't think so b/s on the instructions for selected it says that u can download and fill the forms and sent them back to Kcc through their mail address. by the way fikaleab what is petitioner? we were told that it is the principal applicant (the winner) who is the petitioner for himself and for the spouse and children.

thanks Fikalab, it is my husband who wins. for your surprise it was me who fill the entrant forms for both of us and also for my brother. the other thing I want to know is about petitioner, we both fill my husband name on the petitioner, were we right?

are you sure that the forms are to be filled online? i don't think so b/s on the instructions for selected it says that u can download and fill the forms and sent them back to Kcc through their mail address. by the way fikaleab what is petitioner? we were told that it is the principal applicant (the winner) who is the petitioner for himself and for the spouse and children.
Hi Hela,
I think it is a misunderstanding,i didn't mean that u should fill the DS and DSP forms online.as u have said it u should download the forms, fill them and sent it to them via their mail(Postal) address.if u made few mistakes u can send the correction via their e-mail address, kccdv@state.gov ,if the mistakes are many or want to add the new born baby u can refill with the correct data and then either attach it via their email address or send it via their postal address.by the way u can contact KCC for any queries either by phone, +1 606 526 7500, or by email,KCCDV@state.gov. As for the Petitioner,DV lottery is a self petitioned program therefore the Primary applicant,in your case your husband,is the Petitioner for himself and for his beneficiaries(dependents),i.e you and your future child.

thanks Fikalab, it is my husband who wins. for your surprise it was me who fill the entrant forms for both of us and also for my brother. the other thing I want to know is about petitioner, we both fill my husband name on the petitioner, were we right?

haha,i am not surprised that u fill the eDV application...lol...coz it was my wife who fill the eDV application but it was me who won the lottery.yes u are 100% right that u fill your husband(the winner) as the Petitioner.

hi Fikalab, selam new? so i think nothing is wrong with our forms, let God help us till the end. i juz wanna ask u about medical and police, i saw some of the physicians who are eligible to do the medical test with their hospital list from the embassy website. is it the second notification letter that we wait for to go to police? these dayz the police record processing took almost a month, shall we wait until the 2NL comes or is it possible to start by the first NL only? and about authentication of degree and transcript, what is needed and i heard it is from ministry of foreign affair and ministry of education? what things should we take to them? does ministry card needs authentication? so how is life with u? did u already left the country or still in here? THANKS

one thing i forgot is my husband finished from grade 12 so he has eslce certificat but i do have two certificates, grade 10 and 12 (preparatory) which one should i authenticate? and what is AF-support? i read it some where. what is Financial Documents? is it necessary?

you need grade 12/preparatory, but only the winners doc is required, but if needed try to authenticate everything.
AF was important in some countries but what i heard from US Embassy in Addis there is no much need of it, but still if you can get someone to
fill the form I134 then it would be good.

hi Gingerr,
thanks for the prompt reply, i dont think that we are going to get some one to feel this form for us, so if not that major we can leave it but what was your experience? did the embassy asked you about it during the interview?