• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv-2012 Interview Success!

reggin_au

Registered Users (C)
I had my interview this morning in Sydney and was successful, such a relief! First off id like to thank everyone on this forum who took the time to read or reply to one of my many questions, your help has been invaluable through this whole process and certainly helped! I was chatting to several other lottery winners at the consulate today and they were amazed at how much I knew and it was thanks to this forum so thank you!

I had my interview this morning in Sydney and was successful, such a relief! First off id like to thank everyone on this forum who took the time to read or reply to one of my many questions, your help has been invaluable through this whole process and certainly helped! I was chatting to several other lottery winners at the consulate today and they were amazed at how much I knew and it was thanks to this forum so thank you!

Great news a good start to 2012. congratulations.

i had my interview this morning in sydney and was successful, such a relief! First off id like to thank everyone on this forum who took the time to read or reply to one of my many questions, your help has been invaluable through this whole process and certainly helped! I was chatting to several other lottery winners at the consulate today and they were amazed at how much i knew and it was thanks to this forum so thank you!

congratulations!

Congrats reggin :)
can you give us more details how was your interview ?

Please note that there is a thread with this topic. The title is "DV 2012 winners interview!!" To avoid confusion please post your experiences there. Thank you.

Congratulations !!

Great news, i m glad for ya, you r s a good start for DV2012 winner

CONGRATULATION. All the best bro. May all ur dreams come thru.

Reggin, congratulations bud. It must be a weight off your mind. Were you asked about your financial situation? I am just wondering what procedures they're using on Australians.

No questions about proof of funds or anything like that however I did take documents just incase. All I got asked was if I had a friend/family member in the US to which I answered yes and if I would be staying with them upon my arrival to which i answered yes, as well as a couple questions about my previous trips to the US which were all under the VWP, if I had stayed more than 90 on any one visit and that was it

montreal interview

We had our interview this week in Montreal, they asked for all documents listed, but they very nice and helpful. Interview itself took about 5 minutes. Good luck to all of you and thank you for posting.

Just one person at the interview, but before we get there, we were called to other windows to provide our documents, and they were nice, patient when they asked for something, they said take your time, so there was stress to us at all.

We had our interview this week in Montreal, they asked for all documents listed, but they very nice and helpful. Interview itself took about 5 minutes. Good luck to all of you and thank you for posting.

What all documents were listed (did they ask for)?

 The appointment letter showing the date and time of your interview
 Passport valid for at least 6 months beyond the date you plan to enter the United States
 Birth certificate
 Adoptions decree (s)
 Marriage certificate (s)
 Death and/or divorce certificate(s)
 Police certificates from each country in which the applicant has resided for one year or longer. The certificate(s) must be issued within one year of the date of the visa appointment. NOTE: An applicant must present a police certificate from his/her country of current residence and country of nationality, if residence in such country exceeds 6 months
 Court records
 Military records
 Evidence of domicile in the United States
 Job offer letter (for employment-based visas)
 Affidavit of support (I-134) (for fiancé, employment and DV visas)
 Evidence of support (I-864, Federal individual income tax return for the most recent tax year)
 Medical examination
 Two photographs (in color)
 For K visa applicants, a letter of intent to marry signed by the petitioner within 30 days of interview date

This is the list required documents, they asked for everything except court record, military record and Evidence of domicile in the United States, just asked if we have some friends down there

Question re police checks

Hi

I was just wondering, with regards to the police checks, I am Australian (and the primary applicant) and will therefore get a police check from the state we live in. My husband however is a Canadian who has lived in Australia for the last 2 years, but before that lived in the US working for a number of years.

Will he have to provide certificates for both Australia AND the United States? (he hasn't lived in Canada for a while now), or just Australia from the Federal Police?

I know I only just entered the lottery, but I love to know all the info "just in case".

Warm wishes

Q

PABLO, does that mean you were asked for an affidavit of support? Or just a bank statement?
The DV policy is unclear on this point and most people don't seem to be asked for the affidavit. Understandable that they want one but also difficult given that many DV winners have no personal connection to the U.S. and will therefore struggle to make the requirement.

No, they didn't ask specifically for that, all they asked for was proof of funds, we had our bank statement and they seemed to be OK with it