• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2012 CP Help

deepfrrezed

Registered Users (C)
I am going for CP in the home country and in the process of submitting DS-122 and DS-230 to KCC. Can you please help me with the following question?

1. Do I need to submit DS-230 for US citizen child?

2. Does the initial packet to KCC include anything other than items below? Do we need to include birth certificate, education certificates, etc... in the initial package?

• DS-122
  • DS-230
  • Photos
  • DV2012 confirmation letter
  • Cover Letter (optional)

3. Am I missing anything else here?

I am going for CP in the home country and in the process of submitting DS-122 and DS-230 to KCC. Can you please help me with the following question?

1. Do I need to submit DS-230 for US citizen child?

2. Does the initial packet to KCC include anything other than items below? Do we need to include birth certificate, education certificates, etc... in the initial package?

• DS-122
  • DS-230
  • Photos
  • DV2012 confirmation letter
  • Cover Letter (optional)

3. Am I missing anything else here?

1. No
2. No
3. No

Hi Everyone,
I am a F-1 status in U.S. and have decided to do CP for DV2012. My question: What does "enclosed self-adhesive return address label" mean. I found this information in DSP-122 instruction page. Since they have stopped sending letter starting from this year, is this something we should need to worry about or do we still should use it. If so, could anyone explain what does this mean and how can I do or get it?

Case #: 2012AS0002XXXX
Staus: F-1
Process: CP

KCC stopped using regular mail for communications with DV applicants. All communications are via DV lottery web site, therefore mail labels are obsolete.

Hi Everyone,
I am trying to fill DS-230 form. In line 34, where it says "Give DHS "A" number if any", what does this mean? Where can I find it? I am in F-1 student visa in the United States and been here for 4 years? I would highly appreciate if anybody could help me with this?

Thank you,

Hi Everyone,
I am trying to fill DS-230 form. In line 34, where it says "Give DHS "A" number if any", what does this mean? Where can I find it? I am in F-1 student visa in the United States and been here for 4 years? I would highly appreciate if anybody could help me with this?

Thank you,

I guess its Alien Registration number, which we don't have. There is written "A number (if known), so I didn't write anything there!!

Yes, F1 will not have a alien number.
Hi deepfrrezed,
I confirmed with KCC. They told me to ask USCIS with such questions since they were unsure about it. I, now feel that F-1 student without OPT card does not have DHS "A" number.But, what about F-1 who is in CPT? ( I am actually in CPT program ). Also, though we put "N/A" in the "A" Number section" for F-1 non-immigrant visas, I was wondering if we still fill out the rest of the fields in question 35. namely: "From/To", "Location", and "Type of Visa". I have this question because I have been out of the United States once. Your suggestion will be highly appreciated.
Thank you,

Hi deepfrrezed,
I confirmed with KCC. They told me to ask USCIS with such questions since they were unsure about it. I, now feel that F-1 student without OPT card does not have DHS "A" number.But, what about F-1 who is in CPT? ( I am actually in CPT program ). Also, though we put "N/A" in the "A" Number section" for F-1 non-immigrant visas, I was wondering if we still fill out the rest of the fields in question 35. namely: "From/To", "Location", and "Type of Visa". I have this question because I have been out of the United States once. Your suggestion will be highly appreciated.
Thank you,

Do not worry about the A number. Instructions say if available. I found the A number in one of the H1B forms the lawyers filled up. Not sure how they got it, might be that we get an A number when applying to OPT.