• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 Applicants and Lucky Winners

hello everyone! i truly found this forum extremely helpful about DV and all other immigration matters. Can DV lottery winners (of any year till 2012) please let me know the date and time (of the country you're in) you applied for your DV lottery during the October-November registration period? i know many people say that it doesn't really matter as to which ever time and date you apply during the registration period to get selected but i am kinda doubtful and doing a research on this and would like to hear from as many winners as possible in this forum. winners please comment!

iqb

* View Profile
* View Forum Posts
* Private Message
* View Blog Entries
* View Articles
* Add as Contact

iqb is offline Registered User

hello everyone! i truly found this forum extremely helpful about DV and all other immigration matters. Can DV lottery winners (of any year till 2012) please let me know the date and time (of the country you're in) you applied for your DV lottery during the October-November registration period? i know many people say that it doesn't really matter as to which ever time and date you apply during the registration period to get selected but i am kinda doubtful and doing a research on this and would like to hear from as many winners as possible in this forum. winners please comment!

I applied on Wednesday October 27th ,2010 and won, but do you think the day really matter.

did you notice in the latest visa bulletin prediction for Sept listed all regions as current - which I guess means that everyone who wanted a GC will be getting one!

I must caution everybody about using last year's visa bulletin numbers for 2012 predictions. Pull up the history for VB 2004-2007 and you will see that numbers were fluctuating dramatically year-on-year. Keep in mind the this year's delay which will prevent many applicants with low case numbers of collecting necessary documents in timely manner. So visa numbers might move more unpredictably this year.

Where did you find history for Visa Bulletin? Can you give me URL ?

Here you go http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1770.html

There is a history all the way to 1995. I did not look on any visa bulletins prior to 2002 though, but if you look on VB for years 2003-2007 you will see that numbers varied dramatically and were virtually unpredictable based on previous year data. It is easy to see if you build an excel spreadsheet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it possible to find out the number of visas that are distributed into the six geographical regions for DV 2012?
I know that the results from previous years are available.

Is it possible to find out the number of visas that are distributed into the six geographical regions for DV 2012?
I know that the results from previous years are available.

From what I heard they will release DV2012 numbers on August 9.

pls can somebody tell me the meaning of AOS?
Adjustment of status(AOS) is the last step in the green card or (LPR) process (that of becoming a legal permanent resident). You, the foreign national have to file an I-485 Application for Adjustment of Status, most likely based on a pre-existing and approved or approvable Form I-140 (Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker) or Form I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative). I-485 applications and I-130 or I-140 petitions can be filed concurrently depending on the immediate availability of an immigrant visa number. You are required to file the adjustment of status application along with an I-693 Medical Examination of Alien issued by a licensed Civil Surgeon and also a G-325A, Biographic Information form. These serve as documents to a complete medical and immunological history as well as a record of your places of employment and residence during the past five years.

@ Justmyownme,
I see that your question has not been answered!
I see that you have a very low DV number, but it now depends on the country you are from. If you are from any of the big 4 that have seprate numbers
like Nigeria, Egypt and other 2 then your interview my come up say like november/december. But if you are not from any of this 4 countries then you should start to prepare fast
cos your interview will come up first month, which is october 2011. The only delay you may face is if you did not send the forms back to KCC on time. Cos it take close to 2 months to process,
which means they run a back ground check on you to know if you are not a threat or on the wanted list and so on, and if you are clean you will be scheduled for an interview. They will inform you of your interview date. But if you don't get it early it is best to write them and they will mail you the soft copy. NOTE: This was what was obtainable during 2011 process but there might have been some changes now, this is just basically what 2011 applicants went through. If You have any question you could inbox me cosi dont always come to this thread. Gudluck to all 2012 selectees and God bless!

What does 100,021 applicants registered means?? Is that figure includes primary applicant and derivatives??

Some statistics...

EU selected for DV 2008: 26,149
EU selected for DV 2009: 27,915
EU selected for DV 2010: 29,803
EU selected for DV 2011: 30,999
EU selected for DV 2012: 31,001

it's the beginning of a great adventure - who's numbers are up first?? are we getting excited??!!