• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 Adjustment of Status Procedure B2 Visa

evichevy

Registered Users (C)
I've been selected for the GC.
I'm actually on a B2 visa traveling in USA with a address in Los Angeles.
I contacted an attorney to see what to do and he said that I could benefit of the AOS.
My B2 is valid for 10 year and my I94 form expire beginning of september.
He want to request to extend my B2 so i would save time using the adjustment of status as I will still be in USA.
what do you think?
did anyone had the same experience?

If you're in US for more than a couple of month and you'll be able to get your I94 extended, I do not see a problem here. However note, according to last year's experience the Los Angeles office wasn't quite fast (i'm also from LA). For some people it took more than 4 months to get green card after filing the petition.

Can you add your information in the signature? I was reading old threads and it helped me very much to understand all these timings and timing variations.

thanx.

what if I don't get the I94 extension on time or get refused?
Should I write my europeen address on the DSP122 form or my address here in LA?

Will update my signature too;)

Quote From DSP-122 question 3:
Current Mailing Address (Address at which you receive your mail. Give any change of mailing address here.)

Thus, here you can give any address which is more convenient for you to receive any mail. But this year they are not planning to send any mail, so I guess it is not important at all.

There is a caviar though. If you _are_ planning to do consular processing, you'll need to send another form (DS-230), which is also asking you for addresses. And here you have to give some US address (question 10 and 11).

thanx.

what if I don't get the I94 extension on time or get refused?
Should I write my europeen address on the DSP122 form or my address here in LA?

Will update my signature too;)

I've been selected for the GC.
I'm actually on a B2 visa traveling in USA with a address in Los Angeles.
I contacted an attorney to see what to do and he said that I could benefit of the AOS.
My B2 is valid for 10 year and my I94 form expire beginning of september.
He want to request to extend my B2 so i would save time using the adjustment of status as I will still be in USA.
what do you think?
did anyone had the same experience?

I may be wrong but I don't think you can use the visitors visa to adjust status unless you are an immediate relative of a US citizen. You should probably get a second opinion from another lawyer, one who is familiar with DV cases. The B2 visa is not a dual-intent visa. The nature and timing of the Adjustment process also may take longer than your extension. Be very careful, you do not want to overstay your time given on your I-94 and put your DV visa in jeopardy.

What reason would you give for extending your I-94? I hope it's not adjustment of status. Do you know the denial rate on B2 extensions? Tread carefully. I hope more experienced persons can come in and give their advice.

can I fill the DS230 form anyway, If I get my B2 extension I do the AOS if not I still have the option to go to the embassy in Europe?

When you fill DSP-122, you need to specify where you're planning to get an interview (question 4). If you put BCIS than they will probably discard your DS230. If you specify an embassy, they will (I guess) start process of scheduling the interview.

You can wait for your visa extension and send forms after you'll know the decision. And of course, you can always amend the information on DSP-122 but communicating directly with KCC (phone, email, fax), but it may or may not delay your application processing.