• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 winner on TN visa

DVwinnerTNvisa

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have received the DV selectee letter from KCC, my case # is 2011AF0004XXXX, the number may become current towards the end of the fiscal year. In the meantime, I need to renew my TN visa(Canadian working in USA, under this visa you should never show intention of staying permanently in USA). Any strategy on how to go about this situatioin, I need to renew the TN visa in June 2011, before my case becoming current.

Any DV winner on TN visa with the same experience? Please advise

Thanks.

First congratulations...

You're right now on TN since you've dual citizenship Canadian and African. So, it has nothing to day with your TN visa, since DV program excludes those who are Canadians (ineligible country) therfore, ignore TN and deal with DV visa as an african, If I were you I would choose Consular processing at you home country in Africa because your number a little bit high. Just deal with as an African.

Best of luck,

You can do consular proceesing by having your interview in Canada (provided there is a US consulate in Canada). Your CN may be current in May or June 2011. Since you have Canadian citizenship, and provided there is a US consulate in Canada, you can leave the US and go back to Canada once your CN becomes current and have your interview and get the ultimate visa before returning to the US.

Hi, there is an AOS thread which should explain it in detail. From what I have read - the AOS process starts when you become current, but it can occasionally take very long - in some cases months. If your number is high, then you will be current towards the end of the fiscal year, and if the process gets delayed beyond September 30th, no visa.

CP - much quicker. Typically, your interview happens in the month you are current, and as long as there is no administrative processing then the visa is pretty much issued instantly. AP seems to happen in certain countries more than others - if you did CP, where would you elect to be processed? Other forum members could then provide an opinion on how things work there.

Hi guys,I have recently been selected for 2011 DV lottery program as a Tanzanian candidate. However, my Case No. is a bit high at about 2011AF00049xxx. So what do you think guys? Should I do Adjustment of Status? Or should I go with consular processing? And has anybody ever experienced this kind of number or above?
By the way I am currently living in USA on a student visa. Thanks

Hi Muky,

Hongera! Also a fellow Tanzanian but am based in Dar. Where in the US are you?

I have been following these threads, and from what I gather AOS can occasionally take a long time - especially if they decide to verify documents, etc. Unfortunately there is no Tanzanian who has recounted their story of their experiences in the Dar embassy but from what I gather, most embassies will know what the local documents look like and accordingly are very quick to make a decision and your visa is issued immediately.

My personal opinion - do CP in Dar. Based on this year's trend and for the previous 10 years as well you will not be current until July 2011 or so which leaves so little time for AOS delays. It will be school holidays as well, so it might not be too difficult.

I am also waiting, and if I am called for interview (fingers crossed it will be July) I will most certainly post my story so please watch this space. I started a thread with Tanzanian in the headline, please search and you will see it, I will post there.

Would also ask - if you come across fellow Tanzanian DV winners, past or present please ask them to join the forum. It is most useful.

All the best.

Ahsanate TZ-Bongo1, I am currently residing in TX. Wish you good luck for your interview and I hope you will get it after a long wait. And yeah, CP sounds good to me as well. Lets wait as you waited and see what happens. Loooong Way to go Mzee....

Hello, I am completely new on this process...

I just got my letter from DOS. I have a TN visa (MEX) valid until 2012. Should I go for adjustment of status in the US or should I go to a US Consulate outside the US? Is it an option? The site says that if you live in the US you should apply for adjust of status but some are suggesting here to go out of the US even if you live here.

I am afraid if I go out they would cancel my TN visa without the possibility to come back to the US to work right away, I would need to show my passport where my visa is.. right? . But here in the US I am afraid it would take forever...