• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 Photo Validator

Cropping is no problem, just make sure you're facing the camera straight, have no shadows on neck and face and have eyes/face at the right height. I've used a digital picture I took myself for the electronic submission which I cropped.
Got accepted just fine.

For later rounds (that is if you get selected) I would stick with having actual pictures taken at a photographer studio or place that is familiar with shooting photos for US passports/visas.

I am sure most if you know this, but just wanted to remind, DON'T SMILE in your DV picture. I know a lot of people forget about this but this is one of the requirements for this photograph. light smile might be permissible, I don't know, it is better to be safe than sorry.

HeyMike and Ahad, thanks for the clarification. This is going to be useful comes October 2010. Meanwhile, good luck to all who entered DV-2011!

Cropping is no problem, just make sure you're facing the camera straight, have no shadows on neck and face and have eyes/face at the right height. I've used a digital picture I took myself for the electronic submission which I cropped.
Got accepted just fine.

For later rounds (that is if you get selected) I would stick with having actual pictures taken at a photographer studio or place that is familiar with shooting photos for US passports/visas.

Hi Mike, what software and settings did you use for cropping your picture in order to apply online? I work usually with Irfanview for casual pictures but I'm afraid it modify something because is always asking about the quality of the picture just before saving, and this can be considered image manipulation...

Hello!! how do you guys resize it to 600X600? I resized it and uploaded it again, but it still said it must be 600x600? How come?? anyone can help me?? Thanks

Go to www.resizemypicture.com, click browse to attach the picture u want to re-size, then go to step 2, click more option, then click specify ur own height and width, type 600 for the width and 600 for the height, go to step 3, put picture quality to 100%, then go to final step and click resize. I used it to resize my passport pic when I applied for the lottery and it works, thats what I used to play for my friends and families too.
Hope this is helpful