• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 Photo Requirement Dilemma

Hey Romon, thanks for the advice. I just checked. My picture is 24-bit.

But I just realized my digital picture resolution is 96 dpi. Must it be 150 dpi like the scanned pics?

Hi Iamhopeful,

well 150dpi is a higher/better resolution. But it does not be 150 dpi, honestly in the requirements it does not say which resolution is necessary.

So, if the pic with 96 dpi looks good, take it!

Roman

An extract from the state gov official website (please note the underlined):

Please refer to the Instructions for the 2011 Diversity Immigrant Visa Program (DV-2011) for technical specifications and compositional specifications for the digital image. You will use one of the following methods to enter the image into eDV:

•Take a new digital image.
•Use a digital scanner to scan a submitted photograph.
Specific instructions are included for both methods.
Photograph File Name

Photo Requirements
The submitted image must adhere to the following specifications. Photographs submitted must be a recent photograph, taken within the last 6 months. Please be advised that failure to comply with any of the following requirements may result in disqualification from the lottery.

Image Acquisition
•The image file may be produced by acquiring an image with a digital camera or by digitizing a paper photograph with a scanner.
•Digital enhancement or other alterations or retouching are not permitted.
The original aspect ratio of the image must be preserved. (No image stretching is allowed.)
Compositional Specifications
Content

•The image must contain the full face, neck, and shoulders of the entrant in frontal view with a neutral, non-smiling expression and with eyes open and directed at the camera.
•The image must not contain any parts of the body below the entrant's shoulders.
•The image must not include other objects or additional people.
•Entrant must be vertically oriented in the image.
•The image must be from a recent (within 6 months) photo of the entrant.
Head Position

•Subject must directly face the camera.
•Head must not be tilted up, down, or to the side.
•The head height (measured from the top of the head, including the hair, to the bottom of the chin) must be between 50% and 69% of the image’s total height. The eye height (measured from the bottom of the image to the level of the eyes) should be between 56% and 69% of the image's height. The diagram below shows these measurements on a correctly-proportioned image.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Here comes my headache:

Case 1 - There is no where stated that the photos must be 600 by 600. Assuming it must, then how do we resize a photo but simultaneously keep its aspect ratio?

Case 2 - If it musn't be 600 by 600, my current photo is 2.4 MB, yes MB, how do I redue it to 286 kb?

Someone please advice. I am getting very worried.......
You have to be very carefull with this visa lottery of a thing THERE IS WHERE IT WAS WRITTEN THAT IT MUST BE 600X600...ON THE PIC BELOW WHAT YOU HAVE COPIED AND PASTED ON HERE ON THERE IS WHERE YOU WILL SEE THE PICTURE EXAMPLE WHERE THE MEASUREMENT AS PER 300 TO 414 FROM THE TOP OF THE HAIR TO THE BOTTOM OF THE CHIN AND AGAIN IS WHERE WE HAVE THE MEASUREMENT FROM THE EYES DOWN THE THE BOTTOM OF THE PIC TO BE 336 TO 414 AND THE IMAGE SIZE SHOULD BE 600 BY 600 ...PLEASE WHEN YOU ARE FILLING YOUR FORM YOU HAVE TO BE VERY CAREFULL WITH THE INSTRUCTION OF YOU DONT HAVE ANSWERS FOR THIE QUESTIONS YOU SHOULD TICK ,,NO...INSTEAD ON GAMBLING ON A QUESTION GOD WILL HELP US WE SHALL GET THERE

plz gurus of visa lottery, i need your help all
am new to this site and my question are;
can someone post the color background that meet the DV lottery standard,
can some also post screen shot of how to edit dv lottery passport
let my rest from here first.
hope my question will be answered soon
thks

plz gurus of visa lottery, i need your help all
am new to this site and my question are;
can someone post the color background that meet the DV lottery standard,
can some also post screen shot of how to edit dv lottery passport
let my rest from here first.
hope my question will be answered soon
thks

You do realize that this is a two year old thread, right? :)

anyway, follow this thread http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?502050-DV2013-Photo-Requirements

also, here are sample photos: http://travel.state.gov/visa/visaphotoreq/photoexamples/photoexamples_5331.html