• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Lottery Winners From Ghana Meet Here

Hello house, pls I need this small advice,I'm sorry for saying this now that some of our members here are preparin for there interviews and ve more issues resolve for then, but I know some of us are in this category too cos we didn't want to continue as married since we entered d lottery single and geniuely we are getting married soonn
I'm getting married in May shorltly before I travel to state, is der anytin I cld do to get my wife to join me before the known 5 years by immigration rules. Pls advice ? wat I can start doing now.
Thanks

temmy, what ammeck09 said is perfectly right, but i also know that it is very difficult to stay away from the one closest to your heart in such a long period of time.
To make the situation less stressful, i think she could be granted 6 months visa(maybe each year) upon invitation from you. You could make this possible if you can prove that you have a job and enough finance to take care of her during that period of time while in the united states. I have not gone into details on how but i think something like that or better could be done so that you dont miss your wife too much.
Lets all pray and hope that this law is revised so that the time could be shortened to 3 or even two years.

helooooooo people!!!
i ve not been here for sometime but i guess all is well with everyone.
well, i am happy to annouce to you all that, i ve received my GC and SSN. the former came on 20th and the latter arrived yesterday 22nd. so, join me to sing praises to GOD. HE has brought me this far.
i will keep the house posted on my next line of activity. stay blessed!!!

helooooooo people!!!
well, i am happy to annouce to you all that, i ve received my GC and SSN. the former came on 20th and the latter arrived yesterday 22nd. so, join me to sing praises to GOD. HE has brought me this far.

oh dear thats great. Congrats. now the road is clear for de successes to happen.

hoping to join u soon... take care and be safe

helooooooo people!!!

Great news, wish you well in your endeavors.

helooooooo people!!!

We thank God for what He's done. May His name live forever. Peace! Benniit

Guys, what happened to sista_mia? I have not seen any post from her since the day she had her interview (Thursday 20 January).

helooooooo people!!!

kyerewaa that's wonderful news to hear, and we thank God. guess you're all set for the yankee life now. how long did it take to receive these them? cheers

@ kyerewaa

helooooooo people!!!

hi kyerewaa, we join you in signing praise to our God. Your blessing shall be permanent IJN. Gudluck and God bless.

About sisa_mai

Guys, what happened to sista_mia? I have not seen any post from her since the day she had her interview (Thursday 20 January).

I read her post in one of the thread "dv2011 winners" her interview was ok but she was ask to present more documents.

Got this from 1 of the threads, its from sista-mai

wow! I had a heavy day
today! My interview was
today at the us embassy
in paris, everything went
well, i had all my
documents and
everything, the consul
asked me basic questions
like "why i want to go to
the us, ect...." then at the
end she told me that
everything was fine but....
My high school diploma
looked suspicious (indeed
it was a colour copy!!!!) i
gave her the original
transcripts, she took it
and done a copy, but she
came back and told me i
still have to send her back
the original diploma or an
"attestation de reussite"
from "education
nationale", then they will
send me back my
passport by mail with the
visa as soon as they
receive it.
Now i thought that a copy
with the original
transcript would be ok,
but apparently it wasn't, i
had to ask my parents to
send me asap the original
through the post, and also
ask for an "attestation of
reussite" at the national
education.
I was so sad but at the
same time happy to know
that i had everything else
right in term of
documentation,
i will keep you guys
updated anyway :) pray
for me
cn: 2011eu000094xx
(france) cp: Paris
nov 30, 2009: Dv lottery
entered
jul 1, 2010: Checked the
results online to find out i
was selected
jul 8, 2010: Forms sent
back to kcc
jul 16 2010: Post office uk
confirms the delivery
aug 9, 2010: Kcc confirms
the receipt of documents
october 2010: Cn current
nov 16, 2010: Email from
kcc, interview at us
embassy in paris on jan
20, 2011
dec 10, 2010: 2nl received
by post
she had her interview on the 20th.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hello!!!!
Im still in Paris that is the reason why I didnt post my story yet :)
Everything went fine last thursday, the only thing is that I didnt have the original diploma (high school) just a copy with the ORIGINAL transcripts, but they ask me to send them the original diploma,
So my parents had to send the original by post (just received it this morning) and I just sent back my passport and the diploma to the embassy... Now Im waiting for the US embassy to send me back my passport with the VISA!!
I will post a special thread with all the details soon, when I will be back in London, I dont have too much time in Paris right now to sit down and write everything,
but in the meanwhile, if anyone got any questions you can email me sista_maii@hotmail.com
Thanks for your prayers guys!!!

Hello!!!!
Everything went fine last thursday, the only thing is that I didnt have the original diploma (high school) just a copy with the ORIGINAL transcripts, but they ask me to send them the original diploma,
So my parents had to send the original by post (just received it this morning) and I just sent back my passport and the diploma to the embassy... Now Im waiting for the US embassy to send me back my passport with the VISA!!
I will post a special thread with all the details soon, when I will be back in London, I dont have too much time in Paris right now to sit down and write everything,
but in the meanwhile, if anyone got any questions you can email me sista_maii@hotmail.com

Thank God! He who started it, will surely bring it to a succe$$ful end. Lady, relax for it's done by the Lord already. Peace unto u! Benniit

Help needed

Greetings to all forum member. May the Almighty God grants everyones wish.
Can someone advise the way forward. A DV winner realise the middle name in one of his children name mis posted on the forms he sent to KCC.And KCC has advise the interview date in Febuary and all correspondence should be sent to Embassy in Accra.Can the principal applicant sent a mail to the Embassy in Accra to amend the ommision?

Sista_mai

Hello!!!!

hi sista_mai, the only option the embassy has is to give you the visa. For it is yours and yours alone, your name is already written on the visa...

helooooooo people!!!

wow this is amazing, glory be to the Lord Most High for how events are turning out. we wish you a successful stay there and may the purposes of God Whom took you there be realised in everyday of your life. all the best.