• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Lottery Winners From Ghana Meet Here

A single AOS will do for both of them. No need for two AOS. Has your brother been selected for further processing? If yes, did he include his wife in the forms that he sent back to KCC? Or is he planning to include her for the interview?
As has been elaborated a lot on this forum, the COs first presume an intent of marriage for the purposes on immigrating in such matters. If the marriage is real, then your brother should not be worried at all. If not, these people have a way of extracting inconsistencies and using that as a basis to deny visa issuance. In all these cases it will be probably safe for him to do it alone and come for his wife later on. A little bit of elaboration on the case will afford us the chance to advice appropriately.

@Bennit, I hope preparations are ongoing very smoothly. The lord is on your side and you will be successful in you interview. Stay blessed.

Thanks, bro. Yes, preparation is seriously underway. I'm trying my maximum best and will leave the rest to God. Please, remember me in your prayers. Peace unto u! Benniit

A single AOS will do for both of them. No need for two AOS. Has your brother been selected for further processing? If yes, did he include his wife in the forms that he sent back to KCC? Or is he planning to include her for the interview?
As has been elaborated a lot on this forum, the COs first presume an intent of marriage for the purposes on immigrating in such matters. If the marriage is real, then your brother should not be worried at all. If not, these people have a way of extracting inconsistencies and using that as a basis to deny visa issuance. In all these cases it will be probably safe for him to do it alone and come for his wife later on. A little bit of elaboration on the case will afford us the chance to advice appropriately.

@Bennit, I hope preparations are ongoing very smoothly. The lord is on your side and you will be successful in you interview. Stay blessed.

hello,
coming back for his wife. can he do that anytime after he gets his green card or will have to wait for a number of years?

my brother married after entering the lottery. can he add her wife to the processing? if so should the person providing the affidavit provide only one document or two document for each of them.

God richly bless you for updating your signature. It shall be well with your brother in the mighty name of Jesus! Amen

My brother, I'm doing fine. Yes I'm still in Accra. I want to ensure that I wind up really well before taking the journey. I plan on leaving at the end of February and will be putting up with an in-law in Ohio. Will remember you in prayers. Stay blessed.

thanks man. I wish u all the best.

HI Ben and everyone,
As stmykael rightly said, i ve arrived safely in NEW YORK. the flight was smooth but tooooooo long! ha. ha.. i kept checking the time left for landing on my small screen and i always ended up saying "oh God,when?".. i think its cuz i took a straight flight with Delta Airlines. and i was too hungry too cuz the food they served cld not even satisfy a kid..ha..ha.
Anyway, i didnt come along with my son. Godwilling, i will go for him in march or so since the visa wld expire in april.
I arrived on saturday and went o the social security office on monday to apply fpr my number. however, i was told to come after 10 working days after my arrival. ie, you can only apply after spending 10 days afer your arrival. i dont know abt other states though. so , i just have to wait cuz without the SSN, you cant do much.
The cold is unbelievable! even with the sun shining high, its still soooooo cold. ba hey, i am managing it well.
The procedure at the immigration is pretty much the same as elaborated by those who have already come. the brown envelope is taken,do fingerprinting,take passport picture, sign a form and thats it. i had to queue fpr sometime cos there were a number of people waiting for their turn.
so...i am here, hoping and praying that i get the SSN early so that i can start doing something. i am researching too on the possible area of study to land me quick job. and here, from what i ve heard, it is in the health sector. the thing is , you need a cert form USA to make you more marketable. however, foriegn certs too can be converted to match US standard.
So people, greetings from NEW YORK! we will catch up later.

thanks be to the Almighty Father for granting you His traveling mercies, may His Grace be with you in all your endeavours.

Last edited by a moderator:
My brother have been selected for further processing and has included his wife in the forms

I'm assuming that your brother married after recieving the 1st NL. In this case the burden of proof lies with him. He may need to prove beyond all reasonble doubt that the marriage is authentic. And this may involve gruelling rounds of interviewing. If the marriage is real, he will sail through by the grace of God. Stay blessed.

PS. If he processes without the wife, I think he may need about 5 years (I stand corrected) when he becomes a citizen to be able to bring her over as a PR.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Kyerewaa, We thank the Almighty for your safe arrival. We pray that whatever that you have set your eyes on shall be done for you.

@Odikro, Once you are a legal resident in China you can opt to have your interview there. This can be done on the forms that you sent back to KCC. The first thing the officials will check is your resident permit in China. I'll advice that you check from the embassy as these people can be funny at times.

@Ammeck, My brother how is the job search going. Stay blessed.

It's tough but with God and the right host, it will not take you long to find one.

Hi all,
couple of questions.
Scenario:
Winner of DV lottery was in the USA, 2003-2006 as MALE F1 student. While there, got married to US citizen and they had a Child (US Citizen). Marriage didn't work, divorced (Got divorce documents). He withdrew application to change/adjust status from F1 to PR filed for him by EX-wife before any interviews. USCIS acknowledged withdrawal of this application. Student was on status and in good standing with immigration 2003-2006. Student left USA 2006, went to Canada. Now re-married, with 2 year old child(Canada Citizen). Student is a PR of Canada now and is back to University in Canada for MSC, Engineering.
Student entered DV lottery as married, details of wife and child (Canada) provided in initial entry and subsequent forms to KCC.

Questions:

1. Does this student need a police CERT from the USA? Lived there for more than 6 months but is it neccessary? Police certs from Canada and Country of birth will be got. Only 3 countries DV winner has lived in.
2. Any advice regarding any potential problems for this winner? Any one had a similar experience or read a similar experience here?

Just trying to cover all bases...many thanks.

Hi all,
couple of questions.
Scenario:
Winner of DV lottery was in the USA, 2003-2006 as MALE F1 student. While there, got married to US citizen and they had a Child (US Citizen). Marriage didn't work, divorced (Got divorce documents). He withdrew application to change/adjust status from F1 to PR filed for him by EX-wife before any interviews. USCIS acknowledged withdrawal of this application. Student was on status and in good standing with immigration 2003-2006. Student left USA 2006, went to Canada. Now re-married, with 2 year old child(Canada Citizen). Student is a PR of Canada now and is back to University in Canada for MSC, Engineering.
Student entered DV lottery as married, details of wife and child (Canada) provided in initial entry and subsequent forms to KCC.

Questions:

1. Does this student need a police CERT from the USA? Lived there for more than 6 months but is it neccessary? Police certs from Canada and Country of birth will be got. Only 3 countries DV winner has lived in.
2. Any advice regarding any potential problems for this winner? Any one had a similar experience or read a similar experience here?

Winner does not need a PC from the USA. This will be taken care of by them once they realise that you have lived there b4. He will need one from Canada and any other coutry that he has lived for more than 6 months since age 16.
From the writeup, no potential problems exist and he will be fine to go. All he has to do is do his homework well, gather all relevant documents and be confident during the interview.

Hi all,
couple of questions.
Scenario:

Questions:

I think DonKay has given you a perfect answer. There is no potential problems as far as I know since he has not committed any immigration fraud. There is no need for a US police certificate since this is taking care of automatically once it is known that he lived there in some point in time.

i sincerely apologise for the delay in my interview experience.

my experience started from 10 pm the previous night cos i couldnt sleep i was sleeping and waking up and checking the time always.
i got to the embassy at 6 am and i already met some ppl at the embassy here in watercarrington in lagos.
we were told the necessary intructions and 6 15 am and at 6 30, we were told to line up non immigrants on one side and immigrants on the other side.
we were ushered in and told to pay 819 dollars. i gave them 820 and got 1 dollar back.
i was called to window 12 at exactly 9 05 am . i knew the white blonde guy with glasses would call me cos i already saw him checking my credentials.
Co Good Morning
me Good morning sir
then a staff interupted him and was talking to the person for like 2 minutes and i gained so much strength thru that . he later faced me back and apologised.
co Are you the person on this form?
me Yes
co can you swear ..................
me i did
co sign below the form here
me i did
co how old are you?
me answered?
co are you married?
me no
co have you ever been married?
me no
co do you have plans to get married in the immediate soon?
me yes 1 or 2 years time
co 1 or 2 days time ?
me no years.
co tell me who is this woman you want to marry tell me about her
me God knows
co ok...
co what is your discipline?
me answered
co what do you do now?
me answered
co did you go to work yesterday?
me yes and i m going back after this interview.
Co where do you work?
me answered
Co tel me your job functions
me answered
Co where did you do your nysc and what was ur job function there?
me answered? and he asked more question on that which i answered.
co . just pulsed and started typing..., went to pick up the typed paper and collected the tag i got outside and said i have found you eligible for the visa, pick up ur visa nxt week thursday at ....... congratulations and i wish you a good luck in united state.

Observations:
they dont like too much talk

be bold, calm and honest ( they have innermind that helps them to know when you are lieing).

avoid giving an answered that will generate further question that may fall u

if u are asked a question that you dont know just tell them you dont know dont try to form as if u know it. i was asked about Biosecurity which is slightly linked to my course of study in schl but i told him i dont know it (simple).

Dont try to impress them by trying to speak as fast and fluent as they are. speak the normal way you can and be audible.

pls use only original documents they have ways of checking .

if you are still in school pls go with every evidence of on going education eventhough , they may not check. like my masters wasnt checked at all.

Dont tear any page from your passport even if you have denials from other countries just leave it there.

pls pray very well for Gods favour

We thank God for what HE has done in your life...

@ Akwasi_yankee,
From your interview experience, your visa collection slip was blue. A lady interviewed before me took a yellow slip. Her facial appearance indicated she was successful in the interview. Does this mean in Ghana we two different visa collection slips. Am kind of lost. Any answers Forumites.
In relation to the documents requested for by the CO: I corrected the anomaly on the Police Clearance the same day and BECE certificate is already available, only that I could not take it to the interview with me cos I thought it was not necessary.

Has anyone gone for interview with a traditional or customary marriage certificate(without a wedding)? Please let us know.

Yes, a lot of here. Wedding cert is not a requirement.

Ammeck, thanx a lot. Another issue is that I married in Jan 2010 and registered it in Sept 2010 but it was stated in the certificate d date i married. Is the late registration of d marriage a problem? I'm worried. Shalom!!

Hi there,

if the certificate of secondary education (which is the official equivalent to high school diploma) is held by the college i am attending, at the interview will they accept a secondary school leaving certificate made by the high school?
thks a million

Ammeck, thanx a lot. Another issue is that I married in Jan 2010 and registered it in Sept 2010 but it was stated in the certificate d date i married. Is the late registration of d marriage a problem? I'm worried. Shalom!!

Hi ranaty,

This will not be a problem. I had a similar situation like yours but it wasn't a problem since they recognise traditional marrige. Just note that they will ask why you married in Jan 2010 and register your marriage in Sept 2010. Just find a reason for it and you will be okay.

Hi there,

if the certificate of secondary education (which is the official equivalent to high school diploma) is held by the college i am attending, at the interview will they accept a secondary school leaving certificate made by the high school?
thks a million

Iwmi,

I will advice that you find ways and means of getting the official certificate from the school since you don't have to take chances here.