• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Lottery Winners From Ghana Meet Here

Wow! That was really smooth! Thank God. I am the Lord your God. Is there anything too hard for me? Go pick up ur visa on Friday, man. Pls, answer the ff.
1. Were u interviewed by a male or fèmale? a male. the same man who briefed us on the eligibility rules
2. What is the dollar rate at the embassy if u know. 1USD = GHC1.50
3. When u were briefed concerning educational eligibility, what was the educ. criteria? a university degree, or SSCE certificate (with 5 passes including Maths and English), or HND diploma
4. Did u hand over any transcripts, as that will expose u to many questions? no I didn't. but one of the guys brought it along and they gave it back.

So does it mean the aos is unimportant? I think for single winners they don't insist on it, you can go without it. if you have it you can send it but if you don't, don't bother
Peace unto u, bro. Benniit

Hi Bennit, see my response in blue. cheers

I am the next man to go for the interview. I need u guys prayers so I could meet the favour of the Lord and evevry mountain could be leveled for me before I get there.
Thanks I shall be here to testify to the glory of God ASAP.
We are with you in prayers and success will be yours in Jesus Mighty Name.Amen

INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

Brethren, this is how things went at the embassy yesterday.

I was scheduled for 7:30am so i arrived at around half past six. I first went to the Akai Clinic to drop off my bag with one of the attendants since I would come
back later for my second hepatitis shot after the interview. I walked to the embassy from there and spoke to one security officer that i had an appointment at 7:30am. He
directed me to wait under the famous yankee tree where I found a handful of people also waiting there. The mood was sober, everyone clutching unto their documents with
dear life, some standing while others made themselves comfortable on some large stones. Shortly afterward we were signaled by an office to approach the entrance where we formed two queues,
immigrant and non immigrants supposedly. He inspected our appointment letters and led us to the security checkpoint where all documents were scanned and
electronic gadgets collected. I only had my documents so I didnt leave anything there. We were finally admitted into the embassy and forced our way through the heavy
bullet-proof glass door into the main hall.We sat for sometime before a guard came to call all DV winners to move outside to a spot where he directed.
There was about 14 of us including 3 couples. There we were greeted by three gentlemen. One of them stepped up to brief us about the eligibility criteria and some
does and don't which i believe every forum member is aware of now, thanks to this forum! Finally we were handed two sheets,yellow and white. On the white we
specified which criteria by which we choose to be eligible(education or work experience) and on the yellow we specified the number of people we would be making
payment for. After this we went back into the main hall where it was announced that anyone who wished to reschedule their appointment should move to a certain window.
Meanwhile, we formed a queue to pay for the visa fees. By this time people began to warm up to one another and we started casual conversations. I found out that
two gentlemen had actually not done their medicals because they said they didnt know about it at all.
It was now my turn to make payment and I had changed my cash to USD, $820 in total. The cashier took the cash and ostentatiously held each note up to the light to
check for fake notes. He spent an awfull lot of time on one particular $100 dollar bill and I was quite disturbed by this. after he was satisfied however he handed
me my receipt and i took my seat, the devil is a liar!! After we had all made payments we waited in turn to be called to submit our documents, then take fingerprints.
I submitted all the documents I listed in my earlier post but the lady gave me back the emails,BECE certificate and result slip, and the AOS. By this time, one of the
guys had already completed the process and was called for the interview with the CO. He returned after a moment with a blue slip and a big smile; he was to pick up the
visa the following Friday!!! I was called for the fingerprinting, which meant the next time would be to meet with the CO. Several others followed with the same
result and this was really comforting. I was eventually called to window 2 but it turns out I had to retake my fingerprints..I waited patiently and eventually I was
the last person to be called.

CO:Hi, how are you?
ME:very well thank you.
CO:Do you swear that everything you're going to say is the truth?
ME:yes.
CO:Sir have you been calling the US? (he was referring to the calls I made to KCC)
ME:yes i called a couple of times
CO:you can stop now
ME: [smiling] OK.
CO:are you married
ME:no
CO:do you have children
CO:where do you work
ME:answer
CO:what is your job title
CO:so tell me what your job is about
ME:answer [at this point I thought I was being interviewed based on work experience so I was quite uncomfortable. I nearly asked him but I just kept my cool]
[he began flipping through my documents and he handed me my SSCE certificate and results slip]
CO:So I see you also have a degree
ME:yes, I have a degree in Electrical Engineering from KNUST
CO:what is volt and ampere?
CO:what is voltage?
CO:what is ohm?
CO:eek:k
[all this while he was typing at his keyboard. he picked up a blue slip and wrote on it whiles I held my breadth]
CO:please come back on friday with this slip and pick up your visa [he handed me the blue slip]
ME:eek:k thank you very much
CO:please do not make any travel arrangements until you have received your passport. We sometimes have delays in processing the visas.
ME:alright thank you very much
CO:eek:k goodluck.

guys that was it. cheers.

Congratulations Akwasi. God is good all the time.Im happy for you

Forumites,
By the Grace of God tommorrow is my turn. With the good news we've been hearing in this fiscal year we shall all come out successfully. Good people of this forum pray for me and wish me luck. I will return with my beautiful experience and Mighty Hand of my Lord Jesus.

Forumites,
By the Grace of God tommorrow is my turn. With the good news we've been hearing in this fiscal year we shall all come out successfully. Good people of this forum pray for me and wish me luck. I will return with my beautiful experience and Mighty Hand of my Lord Jesus.

onasis, when did u receive ur 2nd letter?

Forumites,

onasis, when did u receive ur 2nd letter?
I'll pray 4 u 2nite. And 4 ur information, ur visa is waiting for u. Go 4 it.

Go 4 d ultimate

Forumites,

onasis, u are already thru. just avail yaself @ d embassy 4 d visa ticket. we are wit u in prayers

big congratulations man

INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

I was scheduled for 7:30am so i arrived at around half past six. I first went to the Akai Clinic to drop off my bag with one of the attendants since I would come
back later for my second hepatitis shot after the interview. I walked to the embassy from there and spoke to one security officer that i had an appointment at 7:30am. He
directed me to wait under the famous yankee tree where I found a handful of people also waiting there. The mood was sober, everyone clutching unto their documents with
dear life, some standing while others made themselves comfortable on some large stones. Shortly afterward we were signaled by an office to approach the entrance where we formed two queues,
immigrant and non immigrants supposedly. He inspected our appointment letters and led us to the security checkpoint where all documents were scanned and
electronic gadgets collected. I only had my documents so I didnt leave anything there. We were finally admitted into the embassy and forced our way through the heavy
bullet-proof glass door into the main hall.We sat for sometime before a guard came to call all DV winners to move outside to a spot where he directed.
There was about 14 of us including 3 couples. There we were greeted by three gentlemen. One of them stepped up to brief us about the eligibility criteria and some
does and don't which i believe every forum member is aware of now, thanks to this forum! Finally we were handed two sheets,yellow and white. On the white we
specified which criteria by which we choose to be eligible(education or work experience) and on the yellow we specified the number of people we would be making
payment for. After this we went back into the main hall where it was announced that anyone who wished to reschedule their appointment should move to a certain window.
Meanwhile, we formed a queue to pay for the visa fees. By this time people began to warm up to one another and we started casual conversations. I found out that
two gentlemen had actually not done their medicals because they said they didnt know about it at all.
It was now my turn to make payment and I had changed my cash to USD, $820 in total. The cashier took the cash and ostentatiously held each note up to the light to
check for fake notes. He spent an awfull lot of time on one particular $100 dollar bill and I was quite disturbed by this. after he was satisfied however he handed
me my receipt and i took my seat, the devil is a liar!! After we had all made payments we waited in turn to be called to submit our documents, then take fingerprints.
I submitted all the documents I listed in my earlier post but the lady gave me back the emails,BECE certificate and result slip, and the AOS. By this time, one of the
guys had already completed the process and was called for the interview with the CO. He returned after a moment with a blue slip and a big smile; he was to pick up the
visa the following Friday!!! I was called for the fingerprinting, which meant the next time would be to meet with the CO. Several others followed with the same
result and this was really comforting. I was eventually called to window 2 but it turns out I had to retake my fingerprints..I waited patiently and eventually I was

CO:Sir have you been calling the US? (he was referring to the calls I made to KCC)
ME:answer [at this point I thought I was being interviewed based on work experience so I was quite uncomfortable. I nearly asked him but I just kept my cool]
[he began flipping through my documents and he handed me my SSCE certificate and results slip]
[all this while he was typing at his keyboard. he picked up a blue slip and wrote on it whiles I held my breadth]
CO:please come back on friday with this slip and pick up your visa [he handed me the blue slip]
CO:please do not make any travel arrangements until you have received your passport. We sometimes have delays in processing the visas.

Akwasi your story dey sweet me. we thank d almighty 4 ya success. im glad u showed d co some level of nyansapo. congrats once again man

INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

congrats Akwasi. The Lord we serve is a prayer answering God. Trust in Him and he shall do it.

where is nsiah? its been a long time.

kyerewaa pls if u have been monitoring this thread pls give us a shout!

I am the next man to go for the interview. I need u guys prayers so I could meet the favour of the Lord and evevry mountain could be leveled for me before I get there.
Thanks I shall be here to testify to the glory of God ASAP.

Temmy what is written is written. You are going for a successful interview tomorrow so don't forget to update your signature tomorrow. The door has been opened by the Lord, now it's your time to walk through it! The Lord be with you. Cheers

Forumites,

Success is yours. Will pray for u. Peace! Benniit

Forumites,

Onasis the fight has been won in your favour already. have a nice conversation with the CO tomorrow and collect your blue slip. May the lord be with you. Cheers

Forumites,

By the grace of God, ur case is already a success in Jesus name.

Forumites,
Onasis, tomorrow is your day cos the Lord has said it already.Success is yours

Hello to all members,
Happy new year and congrats to all forumites who have been successful in their interview. Those awaiting their turn, we ask for the grace and favor of God to ensure success. Please ensure that you prepare very well and leave the rest to God. Stay blessed.

Thanks. Guys, I ve not. Gone to uk before, the passport wasn't stamped but was signed as they do to other pls refusal but it was in the refusal letter attached to it that it was stated that I ve been under ban since 2 yrs ago.
My fear of gettin a new passport is that I applies for a visiting visa to usa in May which was not giving to me and the reason giving to me by the consular was that I do not ve any travelling history. I'm sure they must ve register my passport detail in their system. Getting a new E passport like mine wld equally take me like 2 months to collect as well too. Pls advice me more

Hello good people, I'm driving now. My interview was a success. Thank You. I ll be bk here later dis evening.