• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Lottery Winners From Ghana Meet Here

A big,big,big,big, thank u 2 d almighty God n all forum members.my interview was sooooooo simple. Watch out for details soon.

Thanks God Almighty for the successful story. Congratssssssssssss my brother. Can't wait to read the experience. Peace! Benniit

thanx for e reply.we v the pictures before marriage,emails and an insurance policy.wil dat be enough.i would like to know if all those who were given the blue sheet had their passports given to them.

It is good you have all these documents but if you can lay hands on others too - it may help.

cant think of any other document.we are a young couple so we dont have a property together.we live in my father in laws house so for now what more

CAN A DEPENDENT TRAVEL TO THE US FIRST AND THE PRINCIPLE APPLICANT FOLLOW LATER?

Fellow Africans, I'm Kenyan and my wife is one of the selectees for DV 2011. We're still waiting for the second NL and our interview, which will probably be in in Sept. If we are successful, our plan is to have me travel to the US first, get a job and a pace to live, then my wife and baby son join me a few months later. Since my wife is the principle applicant, would it be possible for me (a dependent) to travel before her? I tried to ask KCC but they referred me to the Nairobi Consular, who are not very forthcoming with such info. Do you guys know of any family that had the hubby (a dependent) travel first, before the principle applicant? I noticed your forum is much more vibrant and informative.

CAN A DEPENDENT TRAVEL TO THE US FIRST AND THE PRINCIPLE APPLICANT FOLLOW LATER?

Fellow Africans, I'm Kenyan and my wife is one of the selectees for DV 2011. We're still waiting for the second NL and our interview, which will probably be in in Sept. If we are successful, our plan is to have me travel to the US first, get a job and a pace to live, then my wife and baby son join me a few months later. Since my wife is the principle applicant, would it be possible for me (a dependent) to travel before her? I tried to ask KCC but they referred me to the Nairobi Consular, who are not very forthcoming with such info. Do you guys know of any family that had the hubby (a dependent) travel first, before the principle applicant? I noticed your forum is much more vibrant and informative.

Well, from what we know and we have heard, it is either the pricipal applicant goes first and the dependant follow to join or they all go together. I have not heard about the other way working. If it is not for finacial reasons, you can all move then your wife and son can come back while you continue to find a job and place for them. I hope other members will comment. Stay blessed.

Well, from what we know and we have heard, it is either the pricipal applicant goes first and the dependant follow to join or they all go together. I have not heard about the other way working. If it is not for finacial reasons, you can all move then your wife and son can come back while you continue to find a job and place for them. I hope other members will comment. Stay blessed.

Donkay how far, ur time is running out o, wen ar u leaving?

hi Ammeck,

long time, I have just seen the link you sent with regards to shipping household goods to the US from UK, thanks.

Can I ask if you are in DC? we POE'd at DC as well about a month ago, I want to find out if you had to apply for your social security card separately?

thanks

Donkay how far, ur time is running out o, wen ar u leaving?

Yes oo. I just resigned from my work today and I'm all set to move at the end of February God willing. I needed to finish with all my stuff so I don't engage in any to and fro. Thanks for asking bro. Stay bleesed

This is true. The rules say that the winner must enter first or at the same time with the dependents. The dependents may not enter before the winner.

hi Ammeck,

long time, I have just seen the link you sent with regards to shipping household goods to the US from UK, thanks.

Can I ask if you are in DC? we POE'd at DC as well about a month ago, I want to find out if you had to apply for your social security card separately?

thanks

I based in Baltimore, about 30-45 mins drive to DC. You need to go to the nearest Social Security Center to apply for the SSN as soon as possible. Things have change now, it is not automatic they will send it to you. Note: The SSC does not come with the GC.

Yes oo. I just resigned from my work today and I'm all set to move at the end of February God willing. I needed to finish with all my stuff so I don't engage in any to and fro. Thanks for asking bro. Stay bleesed

Wish you all the best in your preparation.

Well, as the others have said, you cannot enter the US without the principal applicant (your wife). Either you move with her or she goes first and the rest follows later.

please help me
i am a 2011 dv lottery winner, and my interview is in march, please i want to apply for my wife as i just got married, but i am having problem filling my ds230 form, i will like to know who is the petitioner and who is the applicant. will my wife be the one to sign the applicant column. please i need your urgent advice. thanks

please help me
i am a 2011 dv lottery winner, and my interview is in march, please i want to apply for my wife as i just got married, but i am having problem filling my ds230 form, i will like to know who is the petitioner and who is the applicant. will my wife be the one to sign the applicant column. please i need your urgent advice. thanks

Moji8888,
I don't know what others will say about your status but from what i have gathered from the thread, chances that you will get the visa are very minimal since it will be taken that you married with the intention of helping your wife immigrate to the US. And again, considering that your interview is in March it is too late to make changes on your DS230 since the forms have already been posted by KCC to the embassy where you will do the interview. I would advise you to go to the interview alone and seek alternatives for your wife with a visa in your hands. That's my opinion, others can chip in.

Cogratulations to all successful candidates that just had their interviews this month and may the good Lord continue to be with all of us still awaiting interviews.The favour of God shall continue to be with all of us on this forum and we shall ALL testify to his goodness,AMEN.

We shall ALL celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!