• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Lottery Winners From Ghana Meet Here

Hi alexe i got married in a customary way b4 i enterd to DV lottery and i am going to register it soon and my question is should i do a white weeding or the traditional one will do?

As prescribe by ammeck, there is no need for a white wedding. Just go and register your marriage at the court and you will be fine. Make sure you gather enough evidence eg, courtship pictures, pictures from the traditional marriage and emails if possible. Pls stop worrying for you have nothing to worry about okay. Wish you well.

Honorable members of the forum, check out my signature... I collected my visa this morning and all praise and honor be unto the almighty God!!
It was a pretty straight forward process. It turns out Friday is the official visa collection day for DVs and IVs; there was quite a number of us.
I arrived at the embassy at 7:40am and there was already a queue at the entrance. i joined the queue dutifully and took out my visa collection ticket, but
one lady in the queue signaled me to speak to the guard when she saw my ticket.i did, and was admitted into the security checkpoint and finally into
the embassy courtyard. there I saw a number of blue-ticket-wielding ladies and gentlemen waiting (un)patiently to be called into the hall. we hanged around
for a while until a Ghanaian gentleman stepped out from the hall and summoned the crowd for a short lecture. he explained what we should be expecting,
advised us about ensuring that we collected every document of ours (school certs, etc) before leaving the embassy, and checking to ensure that the
details on the visa issued matched the bio information in our passports, etc. after he was done, we were all admitted into the hall where our names were
mentioned to form a queue. we filed to one particular window where a Ghanaian lady gave out the passports(with visa :) ), sealed envelope and our documents
we brought for the interview. I took my stuff outside and checked and rechecked the details as we had been advised, and finally left the embassy at around 9:15.

Is anything too hard for the Lord?? For all of you who are yet to attend their interviews, I wish you all the very best of luck; kennyeast, bennit, aduk4u, popsycandy1, heavenborn, etc.
Right now people, i've got yankee on my mind!! cheers.

Wow! Wow! Wow! What's written is written. No one can can wipe it.

Oyeadeeyie, thank You so so much! We honor your Holy name. Oh, what a blissful day we must celebrate! Indeed the Akwasi of Yankee, peace unto u and recall we the remnants in ur prayers. Benniit

Honorable members of the forum, check out my signature... I collected my visa this morning and all praise and honor be unto the almighty God!!
It was a pretty straight forward process. It turns out Friday is the official visa collection day for DVs and IVs; there was quite a number of us.
I arrived at the embassy at 7:40am and there was already a queue at the entrance. i joined the queue dutifully and took out my visa collection ticket, but
one lady in the queue signaled me to speak to the guard when she saw my ticket.i did, and was admitted into the security checkpoint and finally into
the embassy courtyard. there I saw a number of blue-ticket-wielding ladies and gentlemen waiting (un)patiently to be called into the hall. we hanged around
for a while until a Ghanaian gentleman stepped out from the hall and summoned the crowd for a short lecture. he explained what we should be expecting,
advised us about ensuring that we collected every document of ours (school certs, etc) before leaving the embassy, and checking to ensure that the
details on the visa issued matched the bio information in our passports, etc. after he was done, we were all admitted into the hall where our names were
mentioned to form a queue. we filed to one particular window where a Ghanaian lady gave out the passports(with visa :) ), sealed envelope and our documents
we brought for the interview. I took my stuff outside and checked and rechecked the details as we had been advised, and finally left the embassy at around 9:15.

Is anything too hard for the Lord?? For all of you who are yet to attend their interviews, I wish you all the very best of luck; kennyeast, bennit, aduk4u, popsycandy1, heavenborn, etc.

Congrats again bro, if the almighty speaketh, who can challenge him. It was there waiting for you to be picked and once you step there no once can deny you.

Wow! Wow! Wow! What's written is written. No one can can wipe it.

Oyeadeeyie, thank You so so much! We honor your Holy name. Oh, what a blissful day we must celebrate! Indeed the Akwasi of Yankee, peace unto u and recall we the remnants in ur prayers. Benniit

congrats..
hmm..God when will my nl come..when will my time come GOD

Congrats Yankee man, it is finished, every other decision lies in ur hand. God will fly u on His wings to ur destination(Yankee). My turn is comming.

Akwasi_yankee, congrats man for the successful visa pick, Glory be to God. we pray He prepares you adequately for the trip and don't worry for you've ought to dream about yankee cos you earned it. all the best. we will see you there by His Grace.

Congratulations once again, i wish u gud luck. I also need the prayers of this house on my interview which comes up in some days.

shakkyt, good to hear you are next on the line, but can you pls update your signature as which particular date that will be. Our prayers are with you, for the Lord Almighty has already used your successful story to the Glorification of His Name. all the best.

shakkyt, good to hear you are next on the line, but can you pls update your signature as which particular date that will be. Our prayers are with you, for the Lord Almighty has already used your successful story to the Glorification of His Name. all the best.

Amen to ur prayers Popescandy, and thank u so much. I ll update my signature now

Congratulations once again, i wish u gud luck. I also need the prayers of this house on my interview which comes up in some days.

We are with you in prayers and hope you will come here in some few days time to praise the name of the Lord.

We are with you in prayers and hope you will come here in some few days time to praise the name of the Lord.

Amen 2 ur prayer, by d special grace of d Almighty God, i will share my testimony wit evry1 in d house & thank u so much Ammeck

May the LORD'S favor be upon those who will be going for interview this week. They'll have successful interviews and share good testimonies with us. May the Son of Man intercede for you that day. Amen! Peace! Benniit

@ benniit

May the LORD'S favor be upon those who will be going for interview this week. They'll have successful interviews and share good testimonies with us. May the Son of Man intercede for you that day. Amen! Peace! Benniit

I say Amen to your prayer!

My brother has experienced in barbering for the past 5 years. I check the Onet and check. It was stated that barbering is qualified. but please I want to be sure of it very well.

As prescribe by ammeck, there is no need for a white wedding. Just go and register your marriage at the court and you will be fine. Make sure you gather enough evidence eg, courtship pictures, pictures from the traditional marriage and emails if possible. Pls stop worrying for you have nothing to worry about okay. Wish you well.

thank you alexee,i have all the evidence;the courtship pictures,emails,letters since 2006 but our marriage ceremony was very simple it is just as an introductory so we didn't have pictures of it.

Amen, thanks a lot for your prayers and proclamation of victory!!! I will have my interview this week on Thursday... And I will definitely come back with a successful testimony. May God give us the wisdom to use those blessings he put upon us!

My brother has experienced in barbering for the past 5 years. I check the Onet and check. It was stated that barbering is qualified. but please I want to be sure of it very well.

This is the requirements for winners using work experience
To qualify for a DV on the basis of your work experience, you must have, within the past five years, two years of experience in an occupation that is designated as Job Zone 4 or 5, classified in a Specific Vocational Preparation (SVP) range of 7.0 or higher.

The job zone should be 4 or 5 with an SPV of range 7.0 or higher. When I checked these zones/ranges, I couldn't find Barber in there, so I'm not sure your brother will qualify based on his work experience.

This will help you ascertain whether your brother qualifies or not. Click on this link http://online.onetcenter.org/ and follow the directions outline below:

Qualifying DV Occupations are shown on the DOL O*Net Online Database. Follow these steps to find out if your occupation qualifies: Select “Find Occupations” and then select a specific “Job Family.” For example, select Architecture and Engineering and click “GO.” Then click on the link for the specific Occupation. Following the same example, click Aerospace Engineers. After selecting a specific Occupation link, select the tab “Job Zone” to find out the designated Job Zone number and Specific Vocational Preparation (SVP) rating range. For additional information see the Diversity Visa – List of Occupations webpage.

This is the requirements for winners using work experience
To qualify for a DV on the basis of your work experience, you must have, within the past five years, two years of experience in an occupation that is designated as Job Zone 4 or 5, classified in a Specific Vocational Preparation (SVP) range of 7.0 or higher.

The job zone should be 4 or 5 with an SPV of range 7.0 or higher. When I checked these zones/ranges, I couldn't find Barber in there, so I'm not sure your brother will qualify based on his work experience.

This will help you ascertain whether your brother qualifies or not. Click on this link http://online.onetcenter.org/ and follow the directions outline below:

Qualifying DV Occupations are shown on the DOL O*Net Online Database. Follow these steps to find out if your occupation qualifies: Select “Find Occupations” and then select a specific “Job Family.” For example, select Architecture and Engineering and click “GO.” Then click on the link for the specific Occupation. Following the same example, click Aerospace Engineers. After selecting a specific Occupation link, select the tab “Job Zone” to find out the designated Job Zone number and Specific Vocational Preparation (SVP) rating range. For additional information see the Diversity Visa – List of Occupations webpage.

Barber is in zone three (3) with an SVP Range of (6.0 to < 7.0)
The code for Barbers is (39-5011.00)
Check here http://online.onetcenter.org/link/summary/39-5011.00

thank you alexee,i have all the evidence;the courtship pictures,emails,letters since 2006 but our marriage ceremony was very simple it is just as an introductory so we didn't have pictures of it.

The courtship pictures and the marriage certificate, together with other documents is enough to prove your relationship. Note: Remember they could give you separate interviews to ascertain your relationship, so each must know more about the other very well as well as each other family.