• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2011 lost nl

Ane4ka

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,

We know that we've been chosen for the DV2011 because of online status check, but we've never gotten our NL from KCC. I've tried to send an email to them but reveived no response from them. I know that I need to wait until August 1, but may be someone knows if there is a way to get the case number earlier? It seems to me that people who lost their letters by themselves receive response from KCC before August 1. Does anyone know?

Thanks

I dont think you'll get any feedback from then before Aug 1. I suggest to be patient. I have a question for you thou: when you checked your status online, did you get the postive message right away or were you initially getting "HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED" message first? I am just curious because my friend is still hoping that he may have been selected this yeat, but the message we are getting is the negative one.

Hi Ane4ka,

Congratulations on ur being selected for the DV program. Do stick around this forum for the is much to learn here.
It's has become a norm nowadays that DV Nl don't gets to winners. As for ur case there's nothing that u can do rather than exercising patience
and wait till august 1 before reaching KCC. They will never reply ur emails until then, so there's no need doing so. It's very stressful waiting as it seems
it never comes but u just have to exercise patience. I had same experience u're having now last year in Nigeria but I just waited coz I had no choice.
Remember when writing KCC u should include ur name, country, confirmation number, date of birth. They will then reply u few days after with ur selectee packet
via email for u to download (mine took 5 days to get a reply). Hope this helps to ur worries

Thanks for replies... I understand that I need to be patient, but it's just soooo hard to wait. I called them and they told me that I can send all the forms without the case number (hmm, that's strange, isn't it?)...That would be great if they could send all the docs by email...Ok, let's wait then till august ((

I dont think you'll get any feedback from then before Aug 1. I suggest to be patient. I have a question for you thou: when you checked your status online, did you get the postive message right away or were you initially getting "HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED" message first? I am just curious because my friend is still hoping that he may have been selected this yeat, but the message we are getting is the negative one.

I guess your friend needs to wait for DV 2012 to apply...I don't think that the negative answer will change to the positive response. Unfortunately it doesn't depend on the number of tries )

Hi! I have already checked online and it says there that I have been selected but I still have NOT received anything in the mail yet. I am planning to email KYC on August 1st though the waiting is really tough for me, as well.

Plus I read that if you have received your letter late you may not get the visa as there are only 50,000. Does this mean my chances are low now?

Hi! I have already checked online and it says there that I have been selected but I still have NOT received anything in the mail yet. I am planning to email KYC on August 1st though the waiting is really tough for me, as well.

Plus I read that if you have received your letter late you may not get the visa as there are only 50,000. Does this mean my chances are low now?

Congrats on ur being selected for the DV program and welcome to this great forum.
It depends on ur case number. If u have a low case number then u will be interview earlier. I was once in the situation like urself last year when I didn't receive my
selectee letter and as u can see I have been scheduled for an interview. If I had lower case number I would have had my interview longtime before now. Just hope
u have a low case number but all things being equal u will have a chance for an interview. For the past 2 years most of the people who got selected was given a
chance for an interview, hence, u have no reason to worry. The wait of august to send KCC email is really sad coz I know how u guys feel.

Does anybody has received their notification letter via email? I also did not get it in my mail although I am selected for DV 2011. Do we need to wait until August 1st?

Thanks! That is very encouraging! I did call them yesterday and I also emailed them a couple of days ago. They told me to call after August 1st. There was no room for negotiating any other answer...Still no reply to my email either. I will email them again and call them after August 1st...But this whole wait is making me very anxious!

Hi Forum Gurus,

I'm also in the same situation. I checked my status online and found that I have won, but have not received any letter from KCC. Out of patience, I e-mailed them with a catchy subject line, but they just did not bother to reply. But once we have Forum Gurus in the house, who once had such experiences and have now comforted us, we just need to wait for august 1. Thanks, Gurus! Keep comforting us!!

Benniit