• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

Happy new year !!!

I wish all d best in year 2010.i pray that 2010 shall be year d lord shall release in abundance his favour ,breakthru,success and victory on you and your family.he will surely complete his work for those of us still awaiting 2nd pl.

Have faith and pray hard.

My Interview Experience

Hi House,
I had my interview yesterday, 31st December 2009.
Before I give an account of the interview proper, let me give you a little background of my peculiar situation.
Some one played the lottery for me and while filling the Dv online form, he filled the wrong place of birth for me.
I was born in one of the towns in eastern part of the country but he assumed that I was born in Lagos and went ahead to fill Lagos.
I only realized the error when I got the notification letter and he told me that he actually filled Lagos and that we should stick to it to avoid disqualification of the application.
He suggested that all we had to do was to get a new passport with the new details and everything would be fine. This seemed ok too, but right within me, I was not comfortable with the arrangement. I do not believe that I would have to alter my biodata to achieve anything no matter how juicy it looked. So I stuck with the right information and risked loosing the opportunity.
I had read somewhere in this forum of some guy that was disqualified based on that and of another that got through without it being mentioned.
So what I did was to inform KCC of the discrepancy and I was told to update the right information and contact my local embassy, as they would be the ones that would determine whether to deal or not.
I wrote an email to KCC and also wrote to the Lagos consulate.
The reply from KCC was there usual automated response, but the Lagos consulate office replied and the reply was ``…at the time of the interview, you would be advised accordingly``. I got another reply after about two days and I this one, they said ``…every DV winner is expected among other things to convince the consular office at the time of the interview that s/he was the same individual that won the lottery``. This actually gave me some hope.
So I went into the interview with some sense of uncertainty about the status of my application.
To my interview experience proper, after the usual checks at the gate and after paying the visa fees (NGN 124,000.00),we were ushered in to the `slaughter house`.
The first check in there was document and certificate check/verification.
I actually saw the original online entry form in my file and meeeeeen, I was scared.
After that, we had to wait for the interview.
I was called to booth 7 by 11:05 am.
CO: Good morning
ME: Good morning
CO: You are here because you won the dvlottery
ME: Yes
CO: The purpose of this exercise to verify that you meet the requirement for immigration
ME: ok
CO: What is your name?
ME: Blah Blah Blah
CO: Where were you born?
CO: How old are you?
CO: Did you play the lottery yourself?
ME: Nope
CO: Who played it for you?
CO: What is your highest education level?
ME: Bsc
CO: What was the topic in your final project?
CO: Tell me about it?
CO: What do you do where you work presently?
ME: IT Support Engineer
CO: Hardware or …?
ME: Networks and hardware
CO: I am not a hardware person, I am more of a software person, but it`s ok(smiling)
CO: Do you manage existing networks or build new ones?
ME: Both
CO: what is the most important consideration when building new networks?
CO: OK and was smiling
She now looked at my form again and asked me who the person I was going to stay in the US with was. To this I answered that it was my friend’s brother.
After this she started typing something on her PC and excused herself and went over to the other CO and they started chatting. I didn`t hear what they were talking about, but obviously it was something they both understood well.
All the while,I knew that I had gone through
She came back after about five (5) mins and asked if I knew anything about Maryland(my permanent address) and I told her that I knew it was a beautiful place and she smiled and said it`s called marlin….(didn`t get excalty what she said) and then handed me the letter and…you know the rest of the story.

I appreciate every one of you on this forum, and I would send in my observation from the other interviews shortly.

Our God truly reigns

Hi House,
Before I give an account of the interview proper, let me give you a little background of my peculiar situation.
Some one played the lottery for me and while filling the Dv online form, he filled the wrong place of birth for me.
I was born in one of the towns in eastern part of the country but he assumed that I was born in Lagos and went ahead to fill Lagos.
I only realized the error when I got the notification letter and he told me that he actually filled Lagos and that we should stick to it to avoid disqualification of the application.
He suggested that all we had to do was to get a new passport with the new details and everything would be fine. This seemed ok too, but right within me, I was not comfortable with the arrangement. I do not believe that I would have to alter my biodata to achieve anything no matter how juicy it looked. So I stuck with the right information and risked loosing the opportunity.
I had read somewhere in this forum of some guy that was disqualified based on that and of another that got through without it being mentioned.
So what I did was to inform KCC of the discrepancy and I was told to update the right information and contact my local embassy, as they would be the ones that would determine whether to deal or not.
The reply from KCC was there usual automated response, but the Lagos consulate office replied and the reply was ``…at the time of the interview, you would be advised accordingly``. I got another reply after about two days and I this one, they said ``…every DV winner is expected among other things to convince the consular office at the time of the interview that s/he was the same individual that won the lottery``. This actually gave me some hope.
So I went into the interview with some sense of uncertainty about the status of my application.
To my interview experience proper, after the usual checks at the gate and after paying the visa fees (NGN 124,000.00),we were ushered in to the `slaughter house`.
I actually saw the original online entry form in my file and meeeeeen, I was scared.
CO: The purpose of this exercise to verify that you meet the requirement for immigration
CO: I am not a hardware person, I am more of a software person, but it`s ok(smiling)
She now looked at my form again and asked me who the person I was going to stay in the US with was. To this I answered that it was my friend’s brother.
After this she started typing something on her PC and excused herself and went over to the other CO and they started chatting. I didn`t hear what they were talking about, but obviously it was something they both understood well.
She came back after about five (5) mins and asked if I knew anything about Maryland(my permanent address) and I told her that I knew it was a beautiful place and she smiled and said it`s called marlin….(didn`t get excalty what she said) and then handed me the letter and…you know the rest of the story.

I appreciate every one of you on this forum, and I would send in my observation from the other interviews shortly.

Our God truly reigns

Congrats!!!Happy for you

Hi House,

Our God truly reigns

congratulation, am sooooooooo happy that dis bombing situation is not affecting dv winners just to encourage those of us current for january not to be panic all is well and happy new year to everybody

Hi House,

Our God truly reigns

Hi Toncana,

Congratulation. I'm very happy for u.

FEAR NOT

Dear all i will like to reitrate the importance of calmness concerning the issue of suicide bombing attempt by a Nigerian; all that should concern us as a DV winners is to ensure that we have all the required documents and also try and read, we need not to speculate as to whether we will be granted visa due to this incident, like one of the member in this house rightly observed Afghans are granted visa to the States despite a lot of them involving in terrorist acts against United States.Be prepared, Cheers.

Congratulation

Hi House,

Our God truly reigns
Toncana congratulation and thank you for sharing your experience with the house,please when the CO asked you your place of birth did you tell her your actual place of birth or the one that your freind filled online which was Lagos?

Pay on the day

Please culd smeone tell me how to pay the visa fees or am i required to ave it with me wen i get to the interview venue?
Thank u

Femmeaqua you are required to pay on your day of interview,as soon as you enter inside the embassy you will be asked to pay you can either choose to pay in Naira or dollars,but to be on a safer side i will implore you to pay with naira,hope this helps, cheers.

Congratulation Toncana,
Once you're not fearful and certain about your situation, and have the level of godly self-confidence, you can accomplish anything in this world.

VISA BULLETIN

This is countdown to the release of the next visa bulletin for the month of March, which hopefully by the grace of God will be in the next 6 days, to be precise 8th of January 2010.Here is wishing everyone yet to be current the very best of luck in this one; my shout-out goes to smallacrimose hopefully by the grace of God your waiting period is over! all the best.

Hi Tweeny, my advice is as follows:

1. Don’t stop calling your uncle and each time you call make sure you leave a message on the voice mail

2. Make him really understand that you are due for interview in January and let him be aware of your traveling plans (be optimistic) so that he would be reachable when you are set to travel

3. Let him also understand that it may be difficult for the embassy to reach him on phone for confirmation because his phone is always on voicemail, so request for his mobile phone number.

4. You probably will not need an AOS if you are married.

5. Getting AOS from another person suppose not to be a problem, but that was what actually happened in Ghana that led to some people been denied visas. My advice therefore is if eventually you are unable to get through to your uncle, I want to believe that the person that gave you an AOS should be able and willing to accommodate you, so simply change your uncle’s address to his, finito.

6. Below is the report copied from the Ghanaian thread originally posted by Mykoko and responded to by Alexee357 and Trixsam:

29th September 2009, 04:47 PM
mykoko

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykoko View Post

Some participants of the American Visa Lottery are expressing doubts over the manner the American Embassy in Accra is dealing with them.

According to them the embassy is all out to deny some of them the chance of traveling to the United States of America (USA) without any tangible reason.

The Enquirer is reliably informed that some of the participants have planned to stage a demonstration at the Embassy building at Cantonments in Accra on Monday.

"We have paid $775 as visa fee and that money is quite heavy and now we are not hearing anything positive from the Embassy," one of them said.

Apart from that, the group told The Enquirer that they had to spend another $300 on medical examination.

"We had to pay money for police report clearing us of any criminal records," they told The Enquirer.

According to them, Embassy officials are now trying to use DS230 part one and two of the form to disqualify some of them.

That part of the form requires that the applicant should under affidavit provide the addresses of the person who supports him or her.

The motive is that winners of the lottery would not have the necessary documents while in the United States unless after one month.

Again, the applicant should provide the address of the person to stay with while in the United States.

The argument of the embassy, according to the group, is that they provided different addresses and that is why they are being disqualified.

They, however, told Thy Enquirer that it is possible to have two or more people accommodating a person and another supporting that person.

"Are the Embassy officials trying to tell us that we do not know how to provide information?

"We think that there is ,something fishy somewhere and that must be addressed in earnest for them to do the right thing" they said.

They, therefore, called on the Minister of Foreign Affairs Alhaji Mohammed Mumuni to intervene to ensure that they are given the right deal.

"We are appealing to the government through the Foreign Affairs Minister to help us solve the issue," they said,

Source: Enquirer/Ghana "

Responses:

1. Alexee357:

Hi Mykoko,

Thx for the above information from the Enquirer. If the reason the embassy is giving is true then my advice to fellow DV 2010 winners is that let's make sure the address of our sponsor (affidavide of support) is the same as the address of where we intend staying in the US.

2. Trixsam:

this is really sad thats if it is true but lets be positive here it has shed some light hope everybody takes this into consideration

3. Ammeck09:

This is why I'm trying to avoid them by doing my abroad. I know it's not everyone who can opt for this, but this is a good opportunity for me to avoid them.

What is the problem of staying at a different place other than your sponsor's home? These people are taking us for granted.

thanks for the info,i guess i should inform d embassy in nigeria abt d change of addy since kcc would have by now sent all documents 2 dem,or should i do dat afta d interview?

@tweeny, I think it's better for you to get to the port of entry before making that change not at the embassy cause it might shows that you don't really know him very well.

I am wishing those current for this first week of January best of luck, may God guard and protect you there. We await the good news to flow.

VISA BULLETIN

This is countdown to the release of the next visa bulletin for the month of March, which hopefully by the grace of God will be in the next 6 days, to be precise 8th of January 2010.Here is wishing everyone yet to be current the very best of luck in this one; my shout-out goes to smallacrimose hopefully by the grace of God your waiting period is over! all the best.

thanks Dotman, yes..the wait is almost over by the special Grace of God!!!

VISA BULLETIN

Where is our Prophet, Bishop, Evangelist, Chief Native Doctor Phluck2,

Phluck2 where you de, please we need another prediction. If your prediction this time around come to pass, honestly this honourable house must confer you with the above title.

Where is our Prophet, Bishop, Evangelist, Chief Native Doctor Phluck2,

Phluck2 where you de, please we need another prediction. If your prediction this time around come to pass, honestly this honourable house must confer you with the above title.

Joequi,
I am here watching patiently, I will soon bring my prediction to the house.
How is the family? I guess you'll had a swell festive period.

Hi House,

Our God truly reigns

Toncana,
Congratulations on this wonderful news in this new year. We give God almighty alone the glory.
Please do not refer to the interview room as slaughter house because for all of us in this forum that is a house of blessing and testimonies.
once again congratulations.

Toncana,
Congratulations on this wonderful news in this new year. We give God almighty alone the glory.
Please do not refer to the interview room as slaughter house because for all of us in this forum that is a house of blessing and testimonies.
once again congratulations.

Toncana,

Congratulations, however i am in agreement with Phluck2. It is not and will never be a slaughter house but rather a house of blessing and great testimonies as far as this family is concern.

Good morning guys, I am wishing those who are having their interviews this week best of lucky and I pray they come back here with amazing testimonies.

SOMEBODY HELP ME TO PRAISE GOD, I HAD A SUCCESSFULL INTERVIEW TODAY[/[/COLOR]B] thanks to everybody in the house 4 ur advise, contribution i was favoured to be interview by the lady in window 12 , my interview experience to com soonest