• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

If you want to transfer. You have to submit an application to your chosen unversity as a Transfer student. Have your university, submit your transcript to the university you want to want to go to. Your transcript is the list of classes and grades you made at your current university. Make sure your transcript is sealed in an evelope and there is a university stamp between the envelope seal so it shows it has not been tampered with. If not, most university wont accept it.

You should apply as a Transfer student Not a new student. Depending on your degree, transferring might take you back couple of years. In my department (college of engineering), transfer students usually go back to sophomore year( 200-level) except Masters students. It would take about three years or less to graduate. Your degree would determine how much time it would take. If you are a business major transferring graduating can take between 2 years or less, some science courses are like that too (Bachelors of science in biology, chemistry...). The reason why college of engineering may take longer is because they only teach some required classes once a year and most of them are prerequisite for the next class, so you have to take them with your class or wait a whole year to take them. But with Accounting, Business Admin, Economics, all courses are taught every semester, so you can easily adjust and finish all your prerequisite in time for the next level. Some degrees are taught at graduate level, i.e you have to have a Bsc First...e.g. Medicine, Physical therapy, Law and some others i cant remember. If you were a Medical student or Law student in Nigeria. You cant directly transfer to be a medical student. You have to finish a Bsc in (medical related course) and then take entrance qualification exams before you are accepted.

You can also PM me for more info, .....

Since you will be a permanent resident, you may qualify for financial aid. For in state tuition you might have to wait or reside in that area for a little bit to qualify. Qualifying for in state tuition is very important because it would reduce your fees from out of state which is the same as international student fees. I hope this helps :)

THANKZ FOR THE REPLY smalllacrimose....BUT I TINK DAT YR IS TOO LONG...BUT SOMEBODY TOLD ME THAT I CAN STILL END MY STUDY HERE....SINCE D VISA EXPIRES IN 6 MONTHZ....SO I CAN TRAVEL FOR JUST 2 MONTHS AND CUM BACK TO SPEND 1 YEAR HERE IN NAIJABUT IT WNT BE UP TO A YR MAY B LYKE 8 MONTHZ...DEN RUN BAK TO STATES AGAIN...CAN DAT WORK?

by His Grace

May the Lord be with every one on this forum for the help you have rendered many....Knowingly and Unknowingly.I could not have kept this to myself....I am most grateful to God almighty and thanks to the User: Nucleus...with this thread link //forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=301518.....(The Link is not complete..You will need to add http yourself on your browser)
And others who have shared their interview experience on this forum.

Before any of you go for your Interview at the Consulate (Embassy) please ensure that you check the above thread.It was greatly helpful to me.As it was well Contructed and showed the real picture and all relevant details of what to expect.

Especially for Immigrant Visas (IV) and the DV Winners who are applying for a IV Visa with their Educational Qualifications.I mean those that are not working...With SSCE or University Degree.

One thing you should put at the front of your mind is that...Its God.Because the Bible says that If not God,the Labourer labours invain.
Your winning the Lottery is not the end,as the serious part is even yet to come.You need to hold on to God in everything,and as we evidentally know He never fails.

I will refer back to one of the thread on this forum that says: He who kneel before God,shall Stand before great men.Yes! You can stand before Great Men by reverencing God.

Case Number:2010AF000017XX
1NL Sent from KCC : 20th March 2009
1NL Received :12th April,2009
Sent to KCC:29th April,2009(Using Fedex)
Confirmation :4th May,2009(Confirmed delivery Online)
2NL Sent from KCC : 27th August 2009
2NL Received:16th September 2009
1st Medical Test:6th October,2009
Police Report:6th October,2009
Medical Test completed:20th October,2009
Successful Interview:28th October,2009
Pick-up visa:4th November,2009

Our Help is in the Name of the Lord...Who made Heaven and Earth!
Glory be to God the Father,the Son and the Holy Spirit...And Peace to his People On Earth.

Blessed be to Our Most Holy Mother Mary...The Queen of Angels.

God Remember Nigeria......God Bless America!!!!

THANKZ FOR THE REPLY smalllacrimose....BUT I TINK DAT YR IS TOO LONG...BUT SOMEBODY TOLD ME THAT I CAN STILL END MY STUDY HERE....SINCE D VISA EXPIRES IN 6 MONTHZ....SO I CAN TRAVEL FOR JUST 2 MONTHS AND CUM BACK TO SPEND 1 YEAR HERE IN NAIJABUT IT WNT BE UP TO A YR MAY B LYKE 8 MONTHZ...DEN RUN BAK TO STATES AGAIN...CAN DAT WORK?

bro, i don't think that will be possible all ur paper can't be readly b4 two month and u can't travel out of d usa without ur green card and it will take like 6 month b4 u can get it.
Pls i think it will be at ur advantage if u study in a university in usa for 2 to 3 years, u get to know people and getting a good job wouldn't be ur problem and u can apply 4 finanical aid and also can be working as well. Just an advice, hope it helps

bro, i don't think that will be possible all ur paper can't be readly b4 two month and u can't travel out of d usa without ur green card and it will take like 6 month b4 u can get it.
Pls i think it will be at ur advantage if u study in a university in usa for 2 to 3 years, u get to know people and getting a good job wouldn't be ur problem and u can apply 4 finanical aid and also can be working as well. Just an advice, hope it helps

Greencard may not take up to 6 months. My friend (Paulash) from 2009 DV got his 2weeks after his arrival in USA, so the poster can also be very fortunate.

May the Lord be with every one on this forum for the help you have rendered many....Knowingly and Unknowingly.I could not have kept this to myself....I am most grateful to God almighty and thanks to the User: Nucleus...with this thread link //forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=301518.....(The Link is not complete..You will need to add http yourself on your browser)

Before any of you go for your Interview at the Consulate (Embassy) please ensure that you check the above thread.It was greatly helpful to me.As it was well Contructed and showed the real picture and all relevant details of what to expect.

Especially for Immigrant Visas (IV) and the DV Winners who are applying for a IV Visa with their Educational Qualifications.I mean those that are not working...With SSCE or University Degree.

One thing you should put at the front of your mind is that...Its God.Because the Bible says that If not God,the Labourer labours invain.
Your winning the Lottery is not the end,as the serious part is even yet to come.You need to hold on to God in everything,and as we evidentally know He never fails.

I will refer back to one of the thread on this forum that says: He who kneel before God,shall Stand before great men.Yes! You can stand before Great Men by reverencing God.

Glory be to God the Father,the Son and the Holy Spirit...And Peace to his People On Earth.

Thank you for the info, but can you please share your interview details with the CO with the house? Every interview experience is unique on it's own, so kindly share yours with the house as well...

It takes roughly about one month to come from reading people's signatures. SSN number and other documents can be obtained later.

Regarding to Finishing in Nigeria or not, it depends on your major(degree).....For science students/Engineering doesnt really matter, if you further your education immediately rather than trying to look for a Job. If you try to look for a job immediately with a nigerian degree you may face some difficulty like Bammyrichie said.

If you are a business/related student, Bammyrichie's point might be valid. Pls find someone who know more about how those departments work for more info before you make your final decision.

You have to think about school fees as well. If you get student loans, you will have to pay it back in the future/ plus it would affect your credit history if you dont pay it back on time.

I have seen many students that finished from naija(Ife, uni-lag, futo and other schools) with science/engineering related degrees that are doing incredibly well after finishing their masters here in the US. If you come with a degree, you can apply for your master's and get a Graduate Assistantship which is what most of the Nigerians do. Graduate Assistantship would take care of Tuition, Health insurance and they would also give you a small monthly stipend which is enough to live on(pay all your bills and all) If you get a graduate assistantship, you are either an RA(Research assistantship) or TA (Teaching Assistants).

Think well about this.

1. Finishing in Nigeria & Applying for Masters immediately would save you money, time & also you will have a higher/advanced degree by the time you finish. It would put you at an employment advantage when you are done......

2. Transferring and then completing your Bsc, you will have a US first degree and be able to get a good job depending on your degree
cons- more money spent, time you cant get back, plus you will have only a bsc

3. Finishing in Nigeria, & coming down to look for a job immediately....Like Bammy said, would be difficult to get a job and may not get the kind of Job you want.

Those are the three options you

It is possible for you to come here, get your green card (It takes around a Month from what i have seen) & then go back to naija to finish off. But while you are finishing you will be looking for schools to go around the area where you will be relocating to.

If you want to go with option 2 as well, thats ok but be prepared for the financial cost. Sometimes financial aid may not be sufficient. Plus you dont want to be in school & then working long hours outside to make ends meet. It could affect exam performance which is the key to getting a good Job after graduation.

Also, i remember a forum member came on this forum a while ago(Also a DV winner) about joining the army/navy or so....That would also get your tuition paid and may recieve monthly stipend. But i personally don't endorse/support this idea but its also an option, it would take care of money problems if you enlist and time would still be a factor depending on your degree/major

Last edited by a moderator:
It takes roughly about one month to come from reading people's signatures. SSN number and other documents can be obtained later.

Regarding to Finishing in Nigeria or not, it depends on your major(degree).....For science students/Engineering doesnt really matter, if you further your education immediately rather than trying to look for a Job. If you try to look for a job immediately with a nigerian degree you may face some difficulty like Bammyrichie said.

If you are a business/related student, Bammyrichie's point might be valid. Pls find someone who know more about how those departments work for more info before you make your final decision.

You have to think about school fees as well. If you get student loans, you will have to pay it back in the future/ plus it would affect your credit history if you dont pay it back on time.

I have seen many students that finished from naija(Ife, uni-lag, futo and other schools) with science/engineering related degrees that are doing incredibly well after finishing their masters here in the US. If you come with a degree, you can apply for your master's and get a Graduate Assistantship which is what most of the Nigerians do. Graduate Assistantship would take care of Tuition, Health insurance and they would also give you a small monthly stipend which is enough to live on(pay all your bills and all) If you get a graduate assistantship, you are either an RA(Research assistantship) or TA (Teaching Assistants).

Think well about this.

1. Finishing in Nigeria & Applying for Masters immediately would save you money, time & also you will have a higher/advanced degree by the time you finish. It would put you at an employment advantage when you are done......

2. Transferring and then completing your Bsc, you will have a US first degree and be able to get a good job depending on your degree

3. Finishing in Nigeria, & coming down to look for a job immediately....Like Bammy said, would be difficult to get a job and may not get the kind of Job you want.

It is possible for you to come here, get your green card (It takes around a Month from what i have seen) & then go back to naija to finish off. But while you are finishing you will be looking for schools to go around the area where you will be relocating to.

If you want to go with option 2 as well, thats ok but be prepared for the financial cost. Sometimes financial aid may not be sufficient. Plus you dont want to be in school & then working long hours outside to make ends meet. It could affect exam performance which is the key to getting a good Job after graduation.

Also, i remember a forum member came on this forum a while ago(Also a DV winner) about joining the army/navy or so....That would also get your tuition paid and may recieve monthly stipend. But i personally don't endorse/support this idea but its also an option, it would take care of money problems if you enlist and time would still be a factor depending on your degree/major

I really subscribe to smalllacrimose's opinion especially for people who are still schooling, rather cheaper here!

Congrats hp4rmzynx I wish u all the best wen I get to the states. Cud u pls write out the thread u were talking bout and how to get to it I am tryin to get and it keeps direcing me to some information site.Thanks

it takes roughly about one month to come from reading people's signatures. Ssn number and other documents can be obtained later.

Regarding to finishing in nigeria or not, it depends on your major(degree).....for science students/engineering doesnt really matter, if you further your education immediately rather than trying to look for a job. If you try to look for a job immediately with a nigerian degree you may face some difficulty like bammyrichie said.

If you are a business/related student, bammyrichie's point might be valid. Pls find someone who know more about how those departments work for more info before you make your final decision.

I have seen many students that finished from naija(ife, uni-lag, futo and other schools) with science/engineering related degrees that are doing incredibly well after finishing their masters here in the us. If you come with a degree, you can apply for your master's and get a graduate assistantship which is what most of the nigerians do. Graduate assistantship would take care of tuition, health insurance and they would also give you a small monthly stipend which is enough to live on(pay all your bills and all) if you get a graduate assistantship, you are either an ra(research assistantship) or ta (teaching assistants).

Think well about this.

1. Finishing in nigeria & applying for masters immediately would save you money, time & also you will have a higher/advanced degree by the time you finish. It would put you at an employment advantage when you are done......

2. Transferring and then completing your bsc, you will have a us first degree and be able to get a good job depending on your degree

3. Finishing in nigeria, & coming down to look for a job immediately....like bammy said, would be difficult to get a job and may not get the kind of job you want.

it is possible for you to come here, get your green card (it takes around a month from what i have seen) & then go back to naija to finish off. But while you are finishing you will be looking for schools to go around the area where you will be relocating to.

If you want to go with option 2 as well, thats ok but be prepared for the financial cost. Sometimes financial aid may not be sufficient. Plus you dont want to be in school & then working long hours outside to make ends meet. It could affect exam performance which is the key to getting a good job after graduation.

Also, i remember a forum member came on this forum a while ago(also a dv winner) about joining the army/navy or so....that would also get your tuition paid and may recieve monthly stipend. but i personally don't endorse/support this idea but its also an option, it would take care of money problems if you enlist and time would still be a factor depending on your degree/major

thankz guy, option 1 is my main target...finish up here and pursue my master overdeir immediately.also,i'm in engineering field..and i was told dat my green card and ssn will b ready in 4wkz.so i dnt tink i gat probz wit dat...

SIR, a dv winner 4 d current fiscal year can apply again 4 d next year. no problem, no consequence but u only have problem when u applied twice 4d same year (double entry). dat is when u winner wit 1 entry and d other one is discovery then u will be denied.
I will like 2 advice those winners with high case number to apply now for 2011.
Hope this will help.

Bammyrichie, Thanks a lot.

Praise be to the Lord our God who crowns us in victory

by His Grace

Sorry for not adding this earlier.

Consular Officer: Good morning
Me: Good morning
Consular Officer:You are here because you are one of the selected DV winners for further processing
Me: Yes Ma
Consular Officer:Raise up your hand...Do you swear to say the truth today?
Me:I swear to say the truth today(With my Hand up raised)
Consular Officer:What is your Full Name?
Me: I told Her
Consular Officer:How Old are You?
Consular Officer:Your qualification is based on education
Me: Yes ma
Consular Officer:What is your highest degree?
Me: SSCE (Then she took the Original copy of my Result from the File and held it)
Consular Officer:How many subjects did you entered for?
Consular Officer:And her many did you pass?
Me: I passed All Ma.
Consular Officer: You made all your papers?
Me: Yes Ma.
Consular Officer: You know I will have to verify this result on my Computer?
Me: No problem Ma.
Consular Officer:Ok...So In Biology..What do you understand by the Word Anaerobic?
Me:..Blah...blah..blah (I think she was satisfied with the answer i gave)
Consular Officer:Ok..In Agricultural Science..What is Crop Rotation?
Me:..Blah...blah..blah
Consular Officer:Ok...In Chemistry..What is an acid?
Me: I tried to say define an acid...(But she was not satisfied with that)
Consular Officer:What is the relationship betwn Acid and Base?
Me: (I got what she wanted to hear..And just shared something about it)
Consular Officer:How do you know an Acid?
Me: (The Question sounded strange to me..But when i asked it she was talking about litmus paper..She just nodded)
Consular Officer:In Physics...What is a simple machine?
Me: (Again i said something.And after then,she gave me back the original copy of my Results and even the scratch Card.Without scratching it Or re-verifying the authenticity of my result)
Consular Officer: She asked my to excuse her........And went out and came back with the yellow paper.At that point..I could Only say the Hail Mary Pray..Over and Over and Over again..Inside me
Consular Officer:(She sat down again and started typing things into her Computer)She asked who was my sponsor?
Me: I told her my Uncle
Consular Officer:What type of visa did he entered the United States with?
Me: I told her..i wasnt sure because i was very young at the time
Consular Officer:So what are you doing presently
Me: ..Blah...blah..blah
Consular Officer:Are you Married?
Me: NO
Consular Officer: Any kids
Consular Officer:Congratulations...You have been found eligible for a Visa.(She handed over the Yellow Paper to me and told me where to go..to pick-up the Visa and to pay 1250NGN.Though the informations were also written on the paper.And that i wasnt supposed to buy a ticket until i receive my visa next week.Because there could be delay with the printing.
ME: OK ...Ma...Thank you very much.bye

Glory be to JESUS!!!!! Honour to MARY

........................................................................................

[/B]

A big congratulations to you!!! All honour, glory and adoration to God Almighty who has crowned you in victory... thank you for the prayers, information and advice. May God be with you as you embark on the next phase of this great journey, amen.

Praise be to the Lord our God who crowns us in victory

Last edited by a moderator:

Consular Officer:You are here because you are one of the selected DV winners for further processing
Me: SSCE (Then she took the Original copy of my Result from the File and held it)
Consular Officer:Ok...So In Biology..What do you understand by the Word Anaerobic?
Me: (The Question sounded strange to me..But when i asked it she was talking about litmus paper..She just nodded)
Me: (Again i said something.And after then,she gave me back the original copy of my Results and even the scratch Card.Without scratching it Or re-verifying the authenticity of my result)
Consular Officer: She asked my to excuse her........And went out and came back with the yellow paper.At that point..I could Only say the Hail Mary Pray..Over and Over and Over again..Inside me
Consular Officer:(She sat down again and started typing things into her Computer)She asked who was my sponsor?
Consular Officer:Congratulations...You have been found eligible for a Visa.(She handed over the Yellow Paper to me and told me where to go..to pick-up the Visa and to pay 1250NGN.Though the informations were also written on the paper.And that i wasnt supposed to buy a ticket until i receive my visa next week.Because there could be delay with the printing.

........................................................................................

[/B]

congratulations and may the Lord of host go with you. You are blessed as we also tap into the anointing of those whose interview have been successful

[/B]

gee congrats once again.Your questions were really jamb like.And i guess it must be that chinese woman.We thank our lady for her intercession.I also implore her to interceed for the rest of us when the time comes by the grace of his son Jesus Christ.

gee congrats once again.Your questions were really jamb like.And i guess it must be that chinese woman.We thank our lady for her intercession.I also implore her to interceed for the rest of us when the time comes by the grace of his son Jesus Christ.

d most friendly, nice, simple and considerate among d CO is d chinese lady and i will suggest that u shld be praying dat she shld d 1 to interview u.