• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

My people,

A quick question to the forum, I got to know we wond by miracle when I went to apply for visas for my family to go on holiday.
God helped and lead me to communicate with KCC where by HIS grace I got the forms sent to me by email. This obviously made me send the completed forms back late (7th Sept. 2009). My number is 11*** does any one know when the interview might be and wether it will get to us soon as I have been told some people do not even get interviewed.
Thanks.

yeah. you'll definitely be current most likely by January. Check the visa bulletin to keep abreast of which numbers are current and when

Hi Guys,
Sorry I have been away for a while. I am fully back in town. Meanwhile, I collected my VISA yesterday. For the get together, I am suggesting next week friday, November 6th at Silverbird Galleria at 7:00pm.
COMMENTS!!!

CONGRATS!!!! sorry im living at my parent's house. they would tie both my feet to my bed post if i start talking of going to the galleria at 7pm. lol....have fun though :)

passports

I have a question about passports what is the difference between the machine readable passport and e-passport. Which one is accepted by the embassy(I heard the old passports are not accepted anymore & everyone have to get the passport soon)

I appreciate everyone in this forum....Senator_kc, if i can come down to rejoice with you i will, distance too far, please save my own suya & Jollof rice....

I have a question about passports what is the difference between the machine readable passport and e-passport. Which one is accepted by the embassy(I heard the old passports are not accepted anymore & everyone have to get the passport soon)

I appreciate everyone in this forum....Senator_kc, if i can come down to rejoice with you i will, distance too far, please save my own suya & Jollof rice....

i think the machine readable passport IS the e-passport. I would suggest that you email the embassy to find out whether they really arent accepting old passports anymore. In my case, my old passport was expiring soon so i just went ahead and got the new one that says "ECOWAS" on the cover.

general warning: i heard that you should never allow anyone to staple anything to your e-passport otherwise it might cease to be machine readable. To this effect, i have a sticky note stuck to my passport :)

The old one isnt issued anymore.. Use the new ecowas passport!!!

Good Luck Modley

May God be with you and grant you victory on the day of your interview. As for any t's you feel you have not crossed or i's you feel you have not dotted, just try your best and cover the rest with prayers and fasting. House awaits your testimony.

Praise be to the Lord our God who crowns us in victory

... general warning: i heard that you should never allow anyone to staple anything to your e-passport otherwise it might cease to be machine readable. To this effect, i have a sticky note stuck to my passport :)

Thanks for the info. Didn't know that!!!

Welcome to the house Iboboy!

I'm new here,but going through some previouse posts i think those who are yet 2 go 4 their interview should check their o level those subjects you have As or Bs. Read any text book on them so one can say something at least.At all at all na him bad

"At all at all na him bad"...lol!!! Not a very pleasant experience. You are right we should all try to brush up a bit before the d-day.

Praise be to the Lord who crowns us in victory

Hi Guys,
Sorry I have been away for a while. I am fully back in town. Meanwhile, I collected my VISA yesterday. For the get together, I am suggesting next week friday, November 6th at Silverbird Galleria at 7:00pm.
COMMENTS!!!

Praise God!!! It must feel good to finally have it in your possession. May we all get to hold our visas in Jesus name, amen.

somebody please answer biko. this is the document i have been using as my birth certificate but all this talk about NPC is making me wonder if any one is using a birth certificate that is not the NPC one

freedom, is that birth u have is it original issused by d clinic or ministry of health by lagos state gov't where u are born? If yes it is ok.
But if it is declaration of age by lagos state gov't then u need to get a new one from NPC, which attestion of birth cert by national population cenuse. Go to court, get affidvate then go to their office to do it. Atleast 4k should be able to finish it. Gud luck with ur interview

somebody please answer biko. this is the document i have been using as my birth certificate but all this talk about NPC is making me wonder if any one is using a birth certificate that is not the NPC one

This document you have been using as birth certicate that carries the title Lagos state registration of birth is the original birth certificate recieved when your birth was registered. This can be used as it is stated that they accept that. If it's a declaration of age, that's a no no.. In the case that a birth was not registered or birth certificate is missing, that's when you go get one from National Population Commission.. Goodluck...

HELLO GUYS, I PICKED UP MY VISA YESTERDAY,I'M SO HAPPY AND AS I'M WRITING THIS MESSAGE, ITS RIGHT HERE IN MY POCKET. WOWWWW, GOD HAS BEEN SO WONDERFUL, IT ALL STARTED LIKE A JOKE, BUT NOW ITS A REALITY. PLEASE GUYS, WHEN YOU SUBSEQUENTLY PICK UP YOUR VISAS, MAKE SURE YOU VERIFY THAT ALL THE INFORMATION ON THE STAMPED VISA ON YOUR PASSPORT REFLECTS YOU (DATE OF BIRTH AND SO ON) AND ALSO MAKE SURE THE INFORMATION ON THE FRONT PAGE OF THE ACCOMPANYING ENVELOPE WHICH IS PART OF YOUR VISA, "AND MUST NOT BE OPEN EXCEPT AT THE PORT OF ENTRY" IS ALSO CORRECT AND REFLECTS YOU AND YOUR STATUES (FOR EXAMPLE, FINAL ADDRESS IN THE USA, THAT'S WHERE YOU'LL RECEIVE YOUR GREEN CARD, AND CHECK ON OTHER INFORMATION TO MAKE SURE THEY ARE ALL CORRECT) SOME PEOPLE DIDN'T GO HOME WITH THEIR VISAS YESTERDAY BECAUSE ONE OR MORE OF THIS INFORMATION WERE NOT CORRECT. THEY ARE ENTERED MY HUMANS AND ERRORS ARE INEVITABLE. SOME WERE SO OVER CARRIED BY EXCITEMENT AND DIDN'T CHECK. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU CHECK. IMAGINE YOUR POSTAL BOX IN THE US HAD AN OMISSION OF ONE NUMBER, THAT WILL DEFINITELY CARRY YOUR GREEN CARD AND OTHER STUFFS TO SOMEONE ELSE' ADDRESS. HOWEVER, YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN OF IMMENSE ASSISTANCE TO ME. GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS US ALL. I CANT BELIEVE I'M GOING TO THE STATES. OHH YES! AMERICA HERE I COME "GOD BLESS AMERICA"
Phill

CASE NO: 2010AF000010**
NL Received 28th march 2009
sent to KCC 5th/ April/ 2009
2nd NL received on 14/9/09
Appointment for medicals 30/09/2009
Medicals started & completed on 1st/10/2009
Medical results collected on 2nd/10/2009
Interview scheduled for 19th Oct. 2009
Interview successful on the 19th/10/2009
VISA to be picked up on Thursday 29th/10/2009
VISA PICKED UP AT 4:14PM ON 29TH/10/2009

-----------------------------
Our help is in the name of the LORD PS.124:8

HELLO GUYS, I PICKED UP MY VISA YESTERDAY,I'M SO HAPPY AND AS I'M WRITING THIS MESSAGE, ITS RIGHT HERE IN MY POCKET. WOWWWW, GOD HAS BEEN SO WONDERFUL, IT ALL STARTED LIKE A JOKE, BUT NOW ITS A REALITY. PLEASE GUYS, WHEN YOU SUBSEQUENTLY PICK UP YOUR VISAS, MAKE SURE YOU VERIFY THAT ALL THE INFORMATION ON THE STAMPED VISA ON YOUR PASSPORT REFLECTS YOU (DATE OF BIRTH AND SO ON) AND ALSO MAKE SURE THE INFORMATION ON THE FRONT PAGE OF THE ACCOMPANYING ENVELOPE WHICH IS PART OF YOUR VISA, "AND MUST NOT BE OPEN EXCEPT AT THE PORT OF ENTRY" IS ALSO CORRECT AND REFLECTS YOU AND YOUR STATUES (FOR EXAMPLE, FINAL ADDRESS IN THE USA, THAT'S WHERE YOU'LL RECEIVE YOUR GREEN CARD, AND CHECK ON OTHER INFORMATION TO MAKE SURE THEY ARE ALL CORRECT) SOME PEOPLE DIDN'T GO HOME WITH THEIR VISAS YESTERDAY BECAUSE ONE OR MORE OF THIS INFORMATION WERE NOT CORRECT. THEY ARE ENTERED MY HUMANS AND ERRORS ARE INEVITABLE. SOME WERE SO OVER CARRIED BY EXCITEMENT AND DIDN'T CHECK. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU CHECK. IMAGINE YOUR POSTAL BOX IN THE US HAD AN OMISSION OF ONE NUMBER, THAT WILL DEFINITELY CARRY YOUR GREEN CARD AND OTHER STUFFS TO SOMEONE ELSE' ADDRESS. HOWEVER, YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN OF IMMENSE ASSISTANCE TO ME. GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS US ALL. I CANT BELIEVE I'M GOING TO THE STATES. OHH YES! AMERICA HERE I COME "GOD BLESS AMERICA"
Phill

Happy for you!!! Goodluck as you move on to then next step in life!!!

This document you have been using as birth certicate that carries the title Lagos state registration of birth is the original birth certificate recieved when your birth was registered. This can be used as it is stated that they accept that. If it's a declaration of age, that's a no no.. In the case that a birth was not registered or birth certificate is missing, that's when you go get one from National Population Commission.. Goodluck...

Thank God. I'm happy for you.KONGRATULATN

Thank God.i'm happy for you.KONGRATULATNYOUR POSTAL BOX IN THE US HAD AN OMISSION OF ONE NUMBER, THAT WILL DEFINITELY CARRY YOUR GREEN CARD AND OTHER STUFFS TO SOMEONE ELSE' ADDRESS. HOWEVER, YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN OF IMMENSE ASSISTANCE TO ME. GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS US ALL. I CANT BELIEVE I'M GOING TO THE STATES. OHH YES! AMERICA HERE I COME "GOD BLESS AMERICA"
Phill

Our help is in the name of the LORD PS.124:8 [/QUOTE]

hello PETIT Thanks for your enlightenment on here i really appreciate your effort though i know i may be disturbing you but yet you have always answer my queries and broading my knowledge concerning the lottery of a thing thank so much you are highly appreciated ....And please i have gotten the right picture size in my area which is oke-ira in Ogba Lagos Nigeria...You may write me if you have any queries as well

Phill

Praise be to God!!! I can feel your joy and excitement. May we all get to feel same in Jesus name, amen... thanks for the info.

Phill, I'm happy for you. I'm looking forward for the day that I will get hold of my passport with the visa stamp in it. I don't know how I will conduct myself that day. Btw, thanks for your insight.

Phill, I'm happy for you. I'm looking forward for the day that I will get hold of my passport with the visa stamp in it. I don't know how I will conduct myself that day. Btw, thanks for your insight.

Even me, am looking forward and waiting with great impatience!!!