• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

The consular will not ask you such question because you are an intending immigrant under the DV lottery programme, so whether you decide to finish your studies here or not depends on you. Also you have no problems about the add. used ok? Just your other credentials must be genuine.. Goodluck

I disagree with you on this one. How do you know the questions this fellow is going to ask? Remember that in as much as these people are there not intimidate genuine winners, however, winners be must prepared to answer any questions thrown at them from the evidence they present.

I disagree with you on this one. How do you know the questions this fellow is going to ask? Remember that in as much as these people are there not intimidate genuine winners, however, winners be must prepared to answer any questions thrown at them from the evidence they present.

I agree with you re-considering the question, but I stress that some other people who have gone for their interview and succeeded even while schooling eg Bammyrichie didnt face such challenge of being questioned by the CO why they wont wait to finish their studies before moving on. We all know this is an immigrant application(DV lottery), in as much as they are giving us privilege to migrate, they want us to prove the authenticity of our documents and identity. Reason why i've agreed with you is because every case is treated differently, but that is probably why they have made provision for granting re-entry permit in the case where greencard holders intends to stay abroad for over a year.

I agree with you re-considering the question, but I stress that some other people who have gone for their interview and succeeded even while schooling eg Bammyrichie didnt face such challenge of being questioned by the CO why they wont wait to finish their studies before moving on. We all know this is an immigrant application(DV lottery), in as much as they are giving us privilege to migrate, they want us to prove the authenticity of our documents and identity. Reason why i've agreed with you is because every case is treated differently, but that is probably why they have made provision for granting re-entry permit in the case where greencard holders intends to stay abroad for over a year.

The CO will be interested for you to prove to him about your identity and if your documents are real. He doesn't want to know if you are still schooling or not, he just want to get to the states before the visa expires.

If you will be graduating in a few months time say 4-5 months you don't have any stress. let even say you will be graduatin in a year time, just go to the states get your green card, come back home and complete your study, however u must be aside usa not more than six months at a go. But a friend that went last 2 months was telling me that somebody could stay for 1 year. Though I have not confirmed this information.

I do not think u have any wahala.

Be focuse and remain bless.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm new here,but going through some previouse posts i think those who are yet 2 go 4 their interview should check their o level those subjects you have As or Bs. Read any text book on them so one can say something at least.At all at all na him bad

If you will be graduating in a few months time say 4-5 months you don't have any stress. let even say you will be graduatin in a year time, just go to the states get your green card, come back home and complete your study, however u must be aside usa not more than six months at a go. But a friend that went last 2 months was telling me that somebody could stay for 1 year. Though I have not confirmed this information.

Be focuse and remain bless.

i totally agree with this comment, please if you have one more year to go, dont abandon your studies to start from the scratch if you get the green card. By God's grace your interview will be successful but if you can pls do as Joequi said...but the choice is yours. You will be at a better advantage with a degree/transcripts in hand than nothing

Regarding consular interview, i dont think that you having about a year to go with school will raise questions during your interview. It is nothing to worry about but have a ready answer for that question just incase. Even if it means you saying "Ill transfer my credit to a school in the US and finish off there or something"

Good luck next week :)

Congrats to all those who have had successful interviews. i simply love the cordial atmosphere in this forum and i try to catch up on posts here often. sorry i havent updated my signature. my case is current in November and i just started my medicals.

i have one quick question though, can anybody please describe what their birth certificate looks like? mine is not from the npc. it says "Lagos State Government Registration of Birth" or something like that.

i keep wondering if its okay to use this. thanks
im expecially curious to hear from Phil, Bammy, and others who have had successful interviews.

i totally agree with this comment, please if you have one more year to go, dont abandon your studies to start from the scratch if you get the green card. By God's grace your interview will be successful but if you can pls do as Joequi said...but the choice is yours. You will be at a better advantage with a degree/transcripts in hand than nothing

Regarding consular interview, i dont think that you having about a year to go with school will raise questions during your interview. It is nothing to worry about but have a ready answer for that question just incase. Even if it means you saying "Ill transfer my credit to a school in the US and finish off there or something"

Good luck next week :)

very well said!

I'm new here,but going through some previouse posts i think those who are yet 2 go 4 their interview should check their o level those subjects you have As or Bs. Read any text book on them so one can say something at least.At all at all na him bad

what if all your results (science student) was all As, one or two Bs, & F9 in Yoruba........ I am sure he cant read all the subjects plus trying to finish writing master's project before his number becomes current....God dey. I am little scared they might really grill him based on his result.

Hey guy, you need to get the original birth certificate at NPC. if you are here in Lagos there is one at Bode Thomas surulere very close to National Youth Corps Service camp. But first you need to get an affidavit from High court then go there with 2 passport photo with either your international passport or national ID and the sum of 2200 naria.

hello Everyone!

My interview comez up next week.I have just 1 year to finish my study here in naija.What can i say if the consular officer ask me that why cant i end my studies than starting from the start in states.Also d address i used for my dv 230 is different from the one on my police report.Can it affect me,durin my interview.Please guyz,i nid ur opinions.Thkz

the consular will not ask u that cos he/she knows that you are an intending immigrant, if it's possible to for u to get your full transcripts of all the courses that you have had. I will advise you to come here and complete your education in the US cos they don't discriminate your foreign degree/qualification. All the same the choice is yours.

thkz so much petit...

hi everybody, i can't wait & watch u guys discussing this issue without contribute. D tin is dat d person made a very big mistake 4 indicating a qualificatn dat d result is not available & it may cause u alot b'cos dat is d highest qualification u said u have & u are yet 2 get d admission & even u get ur admission they will not request 4ur admission letter but ur certificate of result or transcript. Just b praying dat ur WAEC OR NECO maybe d subject to focus on & not ur highest qualificatn which u don't have d result. Pls let us b thinking when filling anyform so dat we wouldn't cause our deny by ourself.
Durin my interview, d CO asked me dat my form said i've ND & she asked questions on my WAEC, ND & what am doing presently & i told her dat am in HND 2 & my highest qualificatn was ND b'cos i know at d time of my interview my result we not b readily by then (august) am still in n9j b'cos of d result.
Pls if u are in sch & u can or can't wait 2 complete d program pls make sure u collect ur transcript b'cos ur certificate means nothing 2 dem cos it can be fake but transcript break down can't be. it is ur transcript dat they will use 2 convert ur CGPA to der standard.
Guy u need serious prayer dat ur mistake will b covered up. i'll be praying 4u. gud luck

what if all your results (science student) was all As, one or two Bs, & F9 in Yoruba........ I am sure he cant read all the subjects plus trying to finish writing master's project before his number becomes current....God dey. I am little scared they might really grill him based on his result.
ur result is ok, just make sure dat u can defend all d A's & B's and maybe a reason why dat yoruba is different.
as 4u d master thing gud luck. just be able 2 defend it all. dat is d kokoo.

My interview comez up next week.I have just 1 year to finish my study here in naija.What can i say if the consular officer ask me that why cant i end my studies than starting from the start in states.Also d address i used for my dv 230 is different from the one on my police report.Can it affect me,durin my interview.Please guyz,i nid ur opinions.Thkz

Modley,
Sorry I'm contributing late; I was in a similar situation last year. I had 1 year to go in Elect/Elect, but it was an opportunity I wouldn't have forgo.
I even got a letter from my University to the Embassy.

Then my interview was just 3 mins (Sept 8, 2008. Check for the interview b/w Sept 10-16, 2008)

Currently, I am doing 2 years Electronics & Computer Engineering.
So Modley, just prepare to come over, the Good LORD that started the journey for you, will finish it. Amen. Good Luck

My people,
One cannot over emphasize the importance of stories we get here so lets keep encouraging people who have gone for the interviews to keep posting their experiences to help guide us.
A quick question to the forum, I got to know we wond by miracle when I went to apply for visas for my family to go on holiday.
God helped and lead me to communicate with KCC where by HIS grace I got the forms sent to me by email. This obviously made me send the completed forms back late (7th Sept. 2009). My number is 11*** does any one know when the interview might be and wether it will get to us soon as I have been told some people do not even get interviewed.
Thanks.

It doesn't matter if you scored As/Bs in ur OL level.
the most important thing is knowing the basis of each subject.
If i am faced with such a situation, what I will do is to try and make an attempt and if I get it wrong, I might just tell the Consular that it's being long I faced such(with a smile). Maybe, you know you are good in a particular subject, you might just tell the consular that that one is where your key strenght is.The main thing they want to test is how geniue you are and that's all.
Most importantly, PRAY WITHOUT SEIZING. I got my visa not because I am smart, but because, God wanted it to be so through my prayers.
Wish you all Good Luck and God's favor.

Hi Guys,
Sorry I have been away for a while. I am fully back in town. Meanwhile, I collected my VISA yesterday. For the get together, I am suggesting next week friday, November 6th at Silverbird Galleria at 7:00pm.
COMMENTS!!!

My people,
One cannot over emphasize the importance of stories we get here so lets keep encouraging people who have gone for the interviews to keep posting their experiences to help guide us.
A quick question to the forum, I got to know we wond by miracle when I went to apply for visas for my family to go on holiday.
God helped and lead me to communicate with KCC where by HIS grace I got the forms sent to me by email. This obviously made me send the completed forms back late (7th Sept. 2009). My number is 11*** does any one know when the interview might be and wether it will get to us soon as I have been told some people do not even get interviewed.
Thanks.

Welcome,

Since you said your forms were sent to KCC on Sept. it takes 3 to 5 months to get the form processed. From all indications u might be current January, however there is the possibility that your interview could be delayed for few months, definately u will be interviewed.

Some persons number don't get current becourse of the high case number, however DV 2009, all case numbers were current. We pray our set will even be better.

It doesn't matter if you scored As/Bs in ur OL level.
the most important thing is knowing the basis of each subject.
If i am faced with such a situation, what I will do is to try and make an attempt and if I get it wrong, I might just tell the Consular that it's being long I faced such(with a smile). Maybe, you know you are good in a particular subject, you might just tell the consular that that one is where your key strenght is.The main thing they want to test is how geniue you are and that's all.
Most importantly, PRAY WITHOUT SEIZING. I got my visa not because I am smart, but because, God wanted it to be so through my prayers.
Wish you all Good Luck and God's favor.

Thanks Senator_kc & Bammy......Yep, ill just keep praying and hope everything works out ok, its all in God's Hands.

Hi Guys,
Sorry I have been away for a while. I am fully back in town. Meanwhile, I collected my VISA yesterday. For the get together, I am suggesting next week friday, November 6th at Silverbird Galleria at 7:00pm.
COMMENTS!!!

The Senator,

How about some of us that stays in PHC, how can we take part in the mendemendes------ "eye wee see and ear wee hear go chop; abi my people"

Waiting for your response.

can anybody please describe what their birth certificate looks like? mine is not from the npc. it says "Lagos State Government Registration of Birth" or something like that.

i keep wondering if its okay to use this. thanks
im expecially curious to hear from Phil, Bammy, and others who have had successful interviews.

somebody please answer biko. this is the document i have been using as my birth certificate but all this talk about NPC is making me wonder if any one is using a birth certificate that is not the NPC one