• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

Great job u guys are doing here, one love men, god bless u allllllllll, great words of encouragement. Not to forget wonderful congratulations 2 phil and senator_kc.

Welcome here.......It is well and God shall be with you all through till you get your visa!!!Cheers

THANKS AND GOD BLESS petit, will be going 4interview 1st week nov. my wife is themajor applicant and the winner, got 4 credit with 7 grades in the remaining papers C in maths P7 in ENG at 2 sittings. but got HND. what hope pls advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
THANKS AND GOD BLESS petit, will be going 4interview 1st week nov. my wife is themajor applicant and the winner, got 4 credit with 7 grades in the remaining papers C in maths P7 in ENG at 2 sittings. but got HND. what hope pls advice.

Goodluck to your family, since she's got an HND, let's hope that alone would suffice, alot of times they say stress they require 5 O'levels including maths and English, so let's hope her HND is the criteria which they'll consider ... Keep praying and wish you all the very best!!!

so danje did the math....:D:D....congrats...bt these guys from the consulate are kidding that was TOO EASY!!!!!

Danje,

To some of us it is bread and groundnut, but to my colleague's wife it was a different ball game. The went for their interview 2 weeks back, she had A1 in mahtematics.

Ofcourse the consular officer felt she must be a scholar for making a dinstiction in mathematics, she was asked to solve; 2x + 15 = 25, find x. She could not solve for x after spending 4 mins. They were rejected, can u imagine the embarrasment she would have course to herself and her husband.

What am i saying, we need prayers. A1 in mathematics could not solve for x

QUOTE=kennyyak2002;2116701]HELLO,
My younger brother, a Nigerian was denied a DV lottery 2009 on the 15th of October 2009 in Lagos, Nigeria. He was denied because he was not able to remember his NECO exam number. Is it possible to appeal?

I got that from a thread and was really pissed why such would be a reason for visa denial maybe it has been ages he finished secondary school.So guys you never can tell, we should really be over prepared;for the graduates,do not forget your matriculation number when going for interview.

Yeah, you are right. We will have to be overprepared. These guys punch in from angles one least expects. Thanks for the info.

Praise be to the Lord our God who crowns us in victory

Danje,

To some of us it is bread and groundnut, but to my colleague's wife it was a different ball game. The went for their interview 2 weeks back, she had A1 in mahtematics.

Ofcourse the consular officer felt she must be a scholar for making a dinstiction in mathematics, she was asked to solve; 2x + 15 = 25, find x. She could not solve for x after spending 4 mins. They were rejected, can u imagine the embarrasment she would have course to herself and her husband.

What am i saying, we need prayers. A1 in mathematics could not solve for x

Hi joequi,

It's good that issues like this are coming up so that those of us who are yet to go for our interview will learn from it. I don't blame your colleague's wife, it could happened to any body and under such situation one may not be able to solve it.

4 those of us who are yet to have our interview let's note.

Guys,

Don't mind them we must all get there. We must not allow them to hit us hard, the only remedy is for us to calm and be ourselves. The arithmetic was very simple, but under unneccessery pressure we might be prone to make silly mistakes.

Above all, we should pray for God's divine Wisdom, Knowlege and understanding for us to excel. When they looke into our eyes, on the day of interview they will only find favor and love in our sight. The only option for them is------ " You are welcome to America. Somebody say amem.

Amen and Amen and Amen...

Hi Mike_Esther,

I think u guys will sail through. NO FEARS

There is hope, Bulbuls

My Nigerian friend,
I am from thailand. my case number 2010as00002xxx. I have faced interview on 6th ocrober'2009.
every thing was went well but at the end the consular officer told me that we need some processing before issue u a visa. we will contact u when the processing is complete.

My interview are as follows:
C.O.: What is your name?
Me: My name is……..
C.O: What is your father name?
Me: …………………
C.O. What’s your last degree?
Me:………………………..
CO: When have u completed your last degree?
Me:…………………………………
CO: Where u live today?
Me:…………………….
CO: What do u do now?
Me:………………………..
CO: are u married?
Me:………………..
CO: Have you paid visa fees?
Me:……………………….
CO: Raise your right hand and take oath
Me: I do
CO: Sign DS 230
Me: I sign

Then the consular officer discussed 01 minute with local lady with her.
and then said to me that………”We kept your passport. We have some processing. We will contact with u as soon as the processing complete.” they gave me back all my original documents accept my bachelor degrees certificate. THAT’S ALL.

I have submitted all my documents accurate and authenticated. Anybody please write regarding my case. What is going to be happen in my case and fate?
NOW, IS THERE ANY PROBABILITY OF MY GETTING VISA?

Hi Bulbuls, Yes, there is a probability of you getting your visa. If there was no probability of you being issued a visa, the Consular Officer would have rejected your application on the spot. You have been put under administrative processing to allow time for the verification of your document(s). Even if you answered one or two questions in a manner that planted a seed of doubt in the mind of the Consular, if your documents are authentic, it will be discovered during the processing and your visa will be granted to you.

If you read previous threads, there were a couple of people who were put under administrative processing but they still got their visa after the process. Keep sending emails as a reminder. Though it is easier said than done, you will have to exercise some patience as administrative processing takes between 1 - 6 months, sometimes longer, a DV winner named Mohammed was under administrative processing for 10 months but he finally did get the visa. There is still a lot of time before DV2010 ends so i am pretty sure you will get a reply within this fiscal year. Keep sending the emails periodically as a reminder.

You have done your bit by organizing your documents and answering your interview questions to the best of your ability, the most important thing to do now is to pray, pray and pray and trust in God to bring the processing to a positive conclusion.

My Nigerian friend,
I am from thailand. my case number 2010as00002xxx. I have faced interview on 6th ocrober'2009.
every thing was went well but at the end the consular officer told me that we need some processing before issue u a visa. we will contact u when the processing is complete.

I have submitted all my documents accurate and authenticated. Anybody please write regarding my case. What is going to be happen in my case and fate?
NOW, IS THERE ANY PROBABILITY OF MY GETTING VISA?

Hmnn... i would say you are very fortunate cos the DV 2010 just started and u still have 9months or thereabout. Your case is under Administrative Processing (AP) and they just wanna authenticate one of the documents u have submitted but if u don't hear from them by July ending u have to start calling and ask questions about your case cos after Sept. 2010 nothing could be done about it again. I wish u good luck.

from the experience gatherd from d past interview i think the best we need is prayer, cos at times this pple could be very smart and take advantage of our wickness, may our effort not be in vain.

How do I get the stories of people who have gone for their interviews in the 2010 program.

Hi, Phluck2, look are previous postings (pages) on this forum, and you'll get the answer to your question. so far i think there are three successful interview posting. stay blessed.
Phill

CASE NO: 2010AF000010**
NL Received 28th march 2009
sent to KCC 5th/ April/ 2009
2nd NL received on 14/9/09
Appointment for medicals 30/09/2009
Medicals started & completed on 1st/10/2009
Medical results collected on 2nd/10/2009
Interview scheduled for 19th Oct. 2009
Interview successful on the 19th/10/2009
VISA to be collected on thursday 29th/10/2009

-----------------------------
Our help is in the name of the LORD PS.124:8

How do I get the stories of people who have gone for their interviews in the 2010 program.

Hi, Phluck2, look are previous postings (pages) on this forum, and you'll get the answer to your question. so far i think there are three successful interview posting. stay blessed.
Phill

CASE NO: 2010AF000010**
NL Received 28th march 2009
sent to KCC 5th/ April/ 2009
2nd NL received on 14/9/09
Appointment for medicals 30/09/2009
Medicals started & completed on 1st/10/2009
Medical results collected on 2nd/10/2009
Interview scheduled for 19th Oct. 2009
Interview successful on the 19th/10/2009
VISA to be collected on thursday 29th/10/2009

-----------------------------
Our help is in the name of the LORD PS.124:8

My interview comez up next week.I have just 1 year to finish my study here in naija.What can i say if the consular officer ask me that why cant i end my studies than starting from the start in states.Also d address i used for my dv 230 is different from the one on my police report.Can it affect me,durin my interview.Please guyz,i nid ur opinions.Thkz

My interview comez up next week.I have just 1 year to finish my study here in naija.What can i say if the consular officer ask me that why cant i end my studies than starting from the start in states.Also d address i used for my dv 230 is different from the one on my police report.Can it affect me,durin my interview.Please guyz,i nid ur opinions.Thkz

The consular will not ask you such question because you are an intending immigrant under the DV lottery programme, so whether you decide to finish your studies here or not depends on you. Also you have no problems about the add. used ok? Just your other credentials must be genuine.. Goodluck

The consular will not ask you such question because you are an intending immigrant under the DV lottery programme, so whether you decide to finish your studies here or not depends on you. Also you have no problems about the add. used ok? Just your other credentials must be genuine.. Goodluck

thkz so much petit...