• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 - Help

ness_purplerain

Registered Users (C)
Hi everybody,

Firstly I want to thank whoever is reading this. This forum is absolutely awesome and testament to the kindness of strangers!

Logging onto the website, I am advised that i have been selected for DV-2010.

The letter, however has not been sent to my house yet.

I have tried to call the KCC and they said to send my forms in anyway? Unfortunately I dont have a case number yet.

What should my next steps be? I understand that one should act on this sort of thing quite quickly, but unforutnately don't know my next move.

Thanks!!

Ness

Hi ness_purplerain, congratulations!

The best thing is to contact them again and ask them about the case number, you could write them mail with these information provided
-last/first name
-confirmation number (from application)
-other important information,
explain them you case.
To be more secure you could give them a call (again).
The case number is important and you must get that number.

Hi Fery - I am from Australia.

Thanks Miro - I spoke to the KCC again last night. Apparently they sent their last lot of letters out on the 26th June, so hopefully mine is in that batch. Failing that, they said they could help me identify my case number as of 1 August. *sight* am waiting in anticipation........

Fery: Are you over in the US now?

How long does one have to stay over there?

Hi everybody,

Firstly I want to thank whoever is reading this. This forum is absolutely awesome and testament to the kindness of strangers!

Logging onto the website, I am advised that i have been selected for DV-2010.

The letter, however has not been sent to my house yet.

I have tried to call the KCC and they said to send my forms in anyway? Unfortunately I dont have a case number yet.

What should my next steps be? I understand that one should act on this sort of thing quite quickly, but unforutnately don't know my next move.

Thanks!!

Ness

Congratulations on your selection! I can imagine that you want to send all your documentation back quickly (I felt the same), but the information in the KCC package mentions that forms can be returned to KCC untill June 2010. So there's plenty of time to wait for the notification package to arrive. Anyway, you can already start filling out the forms and getting the required pictures so that when you receive the package, you only have to include your case number and bar code sheet.