• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010: E2 Visa in the US

Yvonnig

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have an E2 Visa and have been living and working in the US since August 2001 (at the beginning, I had a L1b Visa)
I applied for the DV 2010 with my address in France
I just received the approval with a CN 2010EU00023XXX

Since my address in my application was in France, they send me all the paperwork for people applying to the DV program through the US Consulate in France.

My question is:
Do I just need to apply for an AOS with the I485 form from Oct 1st 2009?
If yes, what are the odds of getting the green card based on my situation?
Are there any risks that this application could jeopardize my current E2 Visa?
Do I need to get from the USCIS a written confirmation that I am eligible for an AOS?

Moreover, I read on this forum that people still send forms to the KCC even for an AOS.
Do I still need to send forms and fees to the KCC or just send my Form I485 to the USCIS in Chicago?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited by a moderator:
Your case is a very simple and common one. If your stay so far in US is legal, it should be very smooth.

You will have to apply AOS (Adjustment of Status). Your CN number is also in a good range.

My question is:
No. You should fill the forms and send to KCC immediately. Also put your US address when you send that.
There should not be an issue at all if you had legal stay so far.
100% No risk.
Do I need to get from the USCIS a written confirmation that I am eligible for an AOS?
This is not required.

Moreover, I read on this forum that people still send forms to the KCC even for an AOS.
Do I still need to send forms and fees to the KCC or just send my Form I485 to the USCIS in Chicago? You will have to send forms and fees to KCC.

During my application to dvlottery I gave my Turkey address. Because I was supposed to be there at this time of year. But we didn't go . We are still in USA.

1 ) Can I give my USA address now in the forms?

2 ) If I give my USA address must I apply for AOS ? Because my case number is a little bit high so I dont wanna risk.

3 ) How do you inform KCC that you wanna do consular processing? In the forms where? Or do we inform them in the second letter?

4 ) Or should i give the Turkey address again for consular processing?

5 ) Is it okey if I send the forms from my us address?

Hi,

I have an E2 Visa and have been living and working in the US since August 2001 (at the beginning, I had a L1b Visa)
I applied for the DV 2010 with my address in France
I just received the approval with a CN 2010EU00023XXX

Since my address in my application was in France, they send me all the paperwork for people applying to the DV program through the US Consulate in France.

My question is:

Do I still need to send forms and fees to the KCC or just send my Form I485 to the USCIS in Chicago?

Thanks a lot!
Congratulations...
Please, when exactly and where did you get your NL???
Regards,