• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 - AOS Only

ayoussry

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I know there are threads for both DV08 and DV09, and they are very helpful, I thought it would be good to start a new thread for all 2010 winners that are planning for AOS.

Here is so far what I learn from calling KCC and reading through the other thread,

1- Send DSP-122 and the barcode sheet only to KCC

2- Wait until my number becomes current and send the other forms to USCIS for processing (Can someone shade some light on what exactly are those forms and when I’m going to receive them?)

Now I noticed that $375 need to be sent to DOS but I don’t know how or when this should take place, so if anyone have any idea please help a man here.

Please feel free to chime in and add information as much as you can.

Again thanks for all your help, and good luck everyone

Now you have three (3) winners

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today i recievd my NL i'm in Boston MA
the case number 17xxx from Egypt
dated March 31
guys what do you think about this number is it low or it's high?
i applied 16 times befor and this is my lucky year
please advise me how to AOS while i'm in USA
please Youssry can you e-mail me at
houselight75@yahoo.com i need your advice please
thanks and have a good luck to all of you
i'm waiting for your feedback
Thanks

Now you have three (3) winners

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today i recievd my NL i'm in Boston MA
the case number 17xxx from Egypt
dated March 31
guys what do you think about this number is it low or it's high?
i applied 16 times befor and this is my lucky year
please advise me how to AOS while i'm in USA
please Youssry can you e-mail me at
houselight75@yahoo.com i need your advice please
thanks and have a good luck to all of you
i'm waiting for your feedback
Thanks

Hi,
your number is neither high nor low.
But you will not be able to file before April 2010.
I think you will have enough time to adjust your status.

from egypt recievd NL april 17th

Hi alll

my wife won the dv 2010 ,

we just recieved the NL april 22nd in Egypt

our number is 13xxx is that a good number ????

light2009 how is it going ??

i live in California but now i am in egypt for a visit.

what do you think about the AOS ??

SHOULD WE GO AHEAD WITH AOS OR CP ??

I CALLED MY IMMIGRATION LAWYER SHE IS IN GEORGIA , SHE ADVISED TO COME BACK TO USA AND THEN DO THE AOS BETTER , SHE ALSO MENTIONED I DONT HAVE TO WAIT FOR VISA NUMBER TO BE AVAILABLE .

WHAT SHOULD WE DO NOW IF WE ARE STILL IN EGYPT AND PLAN TO TRAVEL BK TO USA IN LATE JUNE?

SHOULD WE FILE ALL THE APPLICATIONS THAT THEY ATTACHED IN THE LETTER ???

LETS KEEP IN TOUCH , ahmedindygo@yahoo.com add me to your messanger .

Ahmed elsawy

If anyone will do AOS for DV2010 please have a look at the following paper:

on page 2, number 5 of this url (please copy and paste it to you browser)

docstoc.com/docs/1067553/SEPTEMBER-25-2007-USCIS-AILA-LIAISON-COMMITTEE-AGENDA

Shortly , USCIS tells that you can send your AOS package 2 months prior your case number becomes current. For example let s talk for a future date; if your case number is 15000 , and in the current bulletin which will be released in April 15, 2010 (which is called MAY bulletin) the ADVANCE cut-off number is given 15001, you can send your AOS package on MAY 1, 2010.

Hi all, i have been reading several threads; but i am very confused at certain things (and have a big headache right now!). I am currently working in the states with an H1-b visa. I received notification from Kentucky dated may 11th. I would really appreciate if someone helps me with the following questions:

1- My understanding is that i should do Adjustment of Status. Correct?
2 - If yes, the NL says that i should directly contact USCIS and do not contact KCC at all. But i read at some threads that i still need to send some forms to KCC. Which one is correct?
3- How do i contact USCIS? Shall i directly go to field office? (i called their 1-800 number today, it was just automated - could not talk to any live person)
4- What does "my number becomes current" means? My case number is EU00010xxx
5 -What is the significance of my case number? Is my number a good number? How do i know?

Thanks so much in advance. I would really appreciate any help on this since i am way too confused and i don't want to do anything wrong on this important issue. Plus i have such a busy week at work that i'll probably burn out if i keep further reading all these threads! And i dont want to further delay sending the necessary documents.

Hi all, i have been reading several threads; but i am very confused at certain things (and have a big headache right now!). I am currently working in the states with an H1-b visa. I received notification from Kentucky dated may 11th. I would really appreciate if someone helps me with the following questions:

1- My understanding is that i should do Adjustment of Status. Correct?
2 - If yes, the NL says that i should directly contact USCIS and do not contact KCC at all. But i read at some threads that i still need to send some forms to KCC. Which one is correct?
3- How do i contact USCIS? Shall i directly go to field office? (i called their 1-800 number today, it was just automated - could not talk to any live person)
4- What does "my number becomes current" means? My case number is EU00010xxx
5 -What is the significance of my case number? Is my number a good number? How do i know?

Thanks so much in advance. I would really appreciate any help on this since i am way too confused and i don't want to do anything wrong on this important issue. Plus i have such a busy week at work that i'll probably burn out if i keep further reading all these threads! And i dont want to further delay sending the necessary documents.

Hello,

I am in the same situation as you. I'm also currently on an H1 visa in the States. You could choose AOS or CP. CP would require you to go back to your home country, while AOS allows you to change your status to permanent resident while residing in the States. Once you have a valid H1 status you should be able to do AOS. I opted for AOS.

This was what I did:

First step:
Call USCIS to see whether you are eligibile to apply for AOS. Since you have a valid H1 status it should not be a problem. I've called USCIS several times, sometimes it takes a few tries to get someone who is knowledgable on the subject.After you call the 1-800 number for USICS choose the option *1. That would connect you directly to a person. Then explian you're a DV winner trying to find out if you are eligible to apply for AOS

Second:
Fill out the forms Department of State sent you DS230 and Ds122 with picture ID and mail back to KCC DOS ASAP. I've read several post that said you only need to mail in the DS 122 form. I was just following the instructions I got with my packet so I mailed both with the bar code.
On the DS122 form section 4 indicate BCIS. This lets the department of state know that you would be filing AOS.

Third:
Fill out the AOS DV fee form included in the packet sent to you with DV fee $375 and mail to the adddress indicated along with a self addressed stamped envelope. This is the DV processing fee. (I have seen people do this step after they receive notice from KCCC that they have recieved their application indicating AOS, the timing is up to you).
They would then send you back the form you sent for DV fee stamped paid. Keep this form, you will need it for your interview.

KCC is now out of the picture USCIS is taking over your case.

Fourth:
Request AOS packet from USCIS with all forms or you could download them from online. Fees ($930 application fee + $80 biometrics fee)

Fifth:
Start getting your documents for the interview & AOS together. The medical exam is valid for one year. A list of accepted general surgeons is available on the USCIS website. The medical examiner would complete the I693 form, seal in in an evelope and give it to you. This is part of the AOS application.
Med exam fee could range anywhere from $150-$200 or more, depends on where you go.

Sixth:
Once you complete the AOS applicaion. Mail to the respective USCIS office once your case number is current (several posts indicate that you could do this step 2 mths in advance, I called USCIS and they said that sending your app before your case is current could result in your application being sent back to you or denial, so it's a risk you may not want to take). You could check case status on the department of state website, click visa menu on the home page then ckick visa bulletin on the left navigation bar. If your case number is lower than the number posted on the bulletin for your region, then your case is current. Once your case is current, mail the AOS. FYI case numbers for DV 2010 only available starting October of this year. i.e. the bulletin info you see now is for DV 2009 winners.

USCIS would then send you further instuctions for fingerprinting and date of interview.

Hope this helps. I am not an immigration lawyer or anything. This is just the info I have learnt so far. Thought I'd share. Good luck!

Update
4/16/2009: NL from KCC 2010SA0000000X
4/21/2009: Sent DS230 + DS122 + barcode + pics to KCC (from reading the blogs I think I was only supposed to sent the DS122)
4/24/2009: Mailed $375 DV fee to DOS (I've seen some people have done this step much later in the process)
5/4/2009: Received payment confirmation slip from DOS
5/14/2009: Received letter from DOS acknowledging my filing AOS
In process of gathering docs for I485 and immunization records

Last edited by a moderator: