• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv-2009 winner from Bangladesh: Free advices

suman619747

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
If you need any advices regarding dv-2009 feel free to ask me. No need to hire a lawyer or spent any sort of money to any agent. Just keep it in your pocket. It will help you after coming to USA. If luck favors, you must get the visa, it is lottery man, so nobody can help u to get the visa except you. Wait for the second letter, keep eye on the visa bulletin. Keep your education documents fair, no need to translate it in english. Just keep it same as it is provided from the education board. Minimum requirement is HSC. Keep your admit cards and registration card safe, if lost just go to the board and made a duplicate copy authorized by the board, notary public cannot work regarding this. No need of affidavit of support from bangladesh, no need of bank balance. Try to speak in english in the time of interview, u no need to be expert, but it is better to express. Be well dressed in the time of interview, official dress will be fine, tie will be better. Be smart, clean sahved. It works man!!!!

Thanks for free advices

Again, I appreciate you for trying to help DV-2009 Bangladeshi winners.

With our 1st NL they (DV Authority) sent a document (English and Bengali) "Important Basic DV-2009 requirements". In this document they wrote:
If you are educationally qualified for Diversity Visa, you must bring your original educational Board Certificates (as originally issued, without any changes, amendments or updates on the documents) on your visa appointment. Any documents issued in Bengali or in any other language must be submitted with the English translation. If your original Board certificate is issued in Bengali, please do not submit the certificate to the Board office for an English version. The first and originally issued documents will be verified by the consular officer. The following educational documents will be required:
* Admit card and Registration card for S.S.C
* Admit card and Registration card for H.S.C
* Original Board Certificate and Mark Sheet for S.S.C
* Original Board Certificate and Mark Sheet for H.S.C
If you do not have your admit and registration cards you should bring any other old ID card/s, with photo, to prove your identity.

And you wrote above:
Keep your admit cards and registration card safe, if lost just go to the board and made a duplicate copy authorized by the board, notary public cannot work regarding this.

Also, in the other thread you wrote:
Yes, Mishel is 100% right. There is no need to translate your documents. In your second letter there is a guideline will come regarding this that keep all your documents as usual as it is given by the boards. So it is waste of money to translate it.

So, I am confused. Please help me to make it clear.

My questions are:
1) As they (DV Authority) suggest us "all documents which are issued in Bengali or in any other language must be submitted with the English translation." Please advice.

2) As I know after translating the documents we need to notarize them. So if we don't need to translate documents, what else documents that should be notarized?

3) If admit and registration cards are not available, they (DV authority) suggest to bring any other old ID card/s, with photo, to prove identity. In this case, do we need duplicate copy of admit and registration card?

4) I made English version of my SSC and HSC certificates in 2001 and all other documents like mark sheets, admit and registration cards are in Bengali. So, it will be any problem as those certificates are in English?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
My questions are:
1) As they (DV Authority) suggest us "all documents which are issued in Bengali or in any other language must be submitted with the English translation." Please advice.
Ans. hi pratik, Thanks for ur asking. Actually the second letter that is going to come a month bfore ur inteirvew that will say u the same thing as i wrote. U no need to translate ur documents provided by the board, keep it as original. If u already translate it then it is no problem either.

2) As I know after translating the documents we need to notarize them. So if we don't need to translate documents, what else documents that should be notarized?
Ans. u no need to notarized any documents expcept the police clearence certificate.

3) If admit and registration cards are not available, they (DV authority) suggest to bring any other old ID card/s, with photo, to prove identity. In this case, do we need duplicate copy of admit and registration card?
Ans. Do u really have any older id card with photo? If u have any that is better. Generally our country people do not possess an id card with photo more than 5 or 6 years old. But my advice is plz take a duplicate copy of ur admit and reg card of ssc and hsc if they are lost for personal safety.

4) I made English version of my SSC and HSC certificates in 2001 and all other documents like mark sheets, admit and registration cards are in Bengali. So, it will be any problem as those certificates are in English?
No, it does not create any problm at all. Don't worry about it. keep it same as usual.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Duplicate copies

Well deshi brothers

If you have lost any documents by any chance (like i lost my SSC , HSC admit and registration cards) , PLEASE DO NOT WASTE time and money to collect the duplicate. Note the following clause

ANY DOCUMENTS ISSUED AFTER YOU GET THE 1ST LETTER IS DEEMED AS INACCURATE AND SEEM TO BE AS FRAUDULENT. karon amader onek bangla bhaiyera ei kaam korche in the past.

so what i did..i simply told them i have lost those and took my degree registration card and admit card instead

good luck to you all

Mishel

Certificates in Bangla

if any certificate has the word "Duplicate" written on that , it will be termed as Void

need help & information

i[dv-2009 winner] need few information about.....

1.currently,i am a student of public university,is it required to shown documents proof of it,i include this in the letter sending to kcc as studying in a university;

2.is any sponsor required in U.S.A.,I HAVE NO RELATIVE OR FRIENDS IN U.S.A.,CAN ANYONE OF YOU HELP ME BY PROVIDING AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT[NOT ANY FINANCIAL SUPPORT,ONLY THE PAPER WORK] AND FOR ADDRESS RECEIVING THE GREEN CARD

3.WHAT IS THE TIME REQUIRED FOR GETTING GREEN CARD;AFTER HOW MANY DAYS,I CAN ABLE TO VISIT BANGLADESH FOR COMPLETION OF MY STUDY;

u can reply me through my personal e-mail address; msic04@gmail.com

Last edited by a moderator:
i[dv-2009 winner] need few information about.....

1.currently,i am a student of public university,is it required to shown documents proof of it,i include this in the letter sending to kcc as studying in a university;
:It is good to bring a proof of ur any kind of professional identity, So i advice u to bring university id card and and a chairman authorized letter with u that u r still a student.

2.is any sponsor required in U.S.A.,I HAVE NO RELATIVE OR FRIENDS IN U.S.A.,CAN ANYONE OF YOU HELP ME BY PROVIDING AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT[NOT ANY FINANCIAL SUPPORT,ONLY THE PAPER WORK] AND FOR ADDRESS RECEIVING THE GREEN CARD
: no affidavit of support required for bangladesh, u just need to collect a ADDRESS RECEIVING THE GREEN CARD, a friend or relative or anybody else (no need to be financially strong).
3.WHAT IS THE TIME REQUIRED FOR GETTING GREEN CARD;AFTER HOW MANY DAYS,I CAN ABLE TO VISIT BANGLADESH FOR COMPLETION OF MY STUDY;
it needs nearly a month to receive green card. So far i know u can visit Bangladeh after 6 months but i m not sure about it, u can visit www.uscis.gov for more info.

Can anyone share experience of their DV Visa interview

Hello

I am from Bangladesh and got my second letter of dv2009 and my interview will be scheduled in near. So can anyone share experience of visa interview with family as well as can anyone assist me what are the things they are looking for , as i mentioned i got dv with family.

Thanks

Ferdawsi

could you please assist me

Hi,

If you need any advices regarding dv-2009 feel free to ask me. No need to hire a lawyer or spent any sort of money to any agent. Just keep it in your pocket. It will help you after coming to USA. If luck favors, you must get the visa, it is lottery man, so nobody can help u to get the visa except you. Wait for the second letter, keep eye on the visa bulletin. Keep your education documents fair, no need to translate it in english. Just keep it same as it is provided from the education board. Minimum requirement is HSC. Keep your admit cards and registration card safe, if lost just go to the board and made a duplicate copy authorized by the board, notary public cannot work regarding this. No need of affidavit of support from bangladesh, no need of bank balance. Try to speak in english in the time of interview, u no need to be expert, but it is better to express. Be well dressed in the time of interview, official dress will be fine, tie will be better. Be smart, clean sahved. It works man!!!!

hello
Can you assist me what type of question i will be face in my visa interview and also tell me in which things VISA authority will be asked or query against my family visa. By receiving 2nd letter is good enough probabilities to get visa or for which grounds Visa authority will not issue visa.

need information

is it possible to extend the visa validity[from 6 month to 7 month]?

is it possible to issuing visa after 1 or 2 month from successful interview at embassy?[by showing final year university exam behind it]

need information

Dear Sumon

I am one the dv winner. I have got marry after submitting first letter. I informed it to US Embassy Dhka over e-mail. I got reply over telephone & told me to bring my wife at interview date. If I want apply for her then I need to fill up those form for my wife which I did for me & sended to KCC. I did accordingly as they instructed. Finally I appeared for interview middle of March with my wife. The tried to prove reality of our relationship by asking few question to both of us individualy. I could pass & it was proved that we are valid couple. Consular looked satisfied. On that day they told us that we are conditionally approved. We need some additional processing. We got a blue sheet and a white sheet & they told me that they will let us know over cell phone. I have been waiting for 15 days. Now my question
1. What types of additional processing they need in this ground.
2. How many days or months they basically takes to call.
3. What condition is there? as they told conditionally approved.

Please give me information if u can

Thanks

Milon

Hi,

Dear Suman, Need help. I got the DV-2010 first NL. My CN is 2010AS00000XXX. I received the NL on 13th May and returned on 17th. They received on 20-May-09. As you advised I am keeping an eye on the the Bulletin but can't understand how to read. Could you please explain also I see some comments says CN Current. what does that mean? would appreciate your kind assistance. By the way I am from Bangladesh and my e-mail address is sikhan@live.com.

Regards,

Dear Suman, Need help. I got the DV-2010 first NL. My CN is 2010AS00000XXX. I received the NL on 13th May and returned on 17th. They received on 20-May-09. As you advised I am keeping an eye on the the Bulletin but can't understand how to read. Could you please explain also I see some comments says CN Current. what does that mean? would appreciate your kind assistance. By the way I am from Bangladesh and my e-mail address is sikhan@live.com.

Regards,

You should look in category B. DIVERSITY IMMIGRANT (DV) CATEGORY and look for number under asia. The current gives case numbers of dv 2009. dv 2010 interview will start from october 2009. Since your case number is very low, your interview will most probably be scheduled in the first month (october).

hi brothers i'm a helpless bangladeshi . please help me.

I've finished my graduation from another country I was there for few years so do i need a police certificate from that country or the certificate only from my native place will do

And after sending back the 1st letter to kcc do they send any notification? after how many days I can expect the 2nd letter? plz answer me brothers.

CASE NO:2010 AS000002XX
1ST LETTER : MAY17
1ST LETTER SEND BCK: JUNE 01

hi brothers i'm a helpless bangladeshi . please help me.

I've finished my graduation from another country I was there for few years so do i need a police certificate from that country or the certificate only from my native place will do

And after sending back the 1st letter to kcc do they send any notification? after how many days I can expect the 2nd letter? plz answer me brothers.

CASE NO:2010 AS000002XX
1ST LETTER : MAY17
1ST LETTER SEND BCK: JUNE 01

You have to get a police report from any country that you have spent 6 or more months. It is compulsory to have it.

KCC does not send notification about receipt of completed forms. The receipt of the 2nd letter will depend on when your case number becomes current. You have a low CN#, so expect early interview.

Thank you very much indeed for your prompt response.

I need one more advise from you. I returned the forms I received with first NL to KCC already but now I relised that I made a mistake. For name and address of petitioner, I Have filled with my name for me my wife's name for her and kids' name for their form. Now what to do.

HI BROTHERS,
In the visa bulletin in the paragraph "B. DIVERSITY IMMIGRANT (DV) CATEGORY" , they have provided a table but in that table in the row ASIA they have provided something like
" Except:
Bangladesh 11,000 "

what does it mean?

Hi,

Hi Suman,
Thanks for this helpfull thread. I am DV 2010 first NL winner. You wrote that no need affidavit of support or bank balance for Bangladeshies. Is that applicable for current year(DV2010)? There is a from in state gov website named form I-134: affidavit of support form. Is that essential to submit for Bangladeshi DV2010 winners? My case number is 2010AS00004xxx. Have you any idea about when will be my interview? Please help me replying this.