• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 lucky kenyan winners

I will be picking my visa this week.

CN 2009AF00037XXX
1st NL dated 25th April 2008 recieved on 29th may 2008
17th June 2008 sent back forms
20th June 2008 confirmed delivered received by C.Gannon
Current in June 09
Received 2L on 30th April 09
interview date confirmed on 18th june 09
4th May 09 completed medical
18th june 09 had a successeful interview

What were the questions like at your interview? Tafadhali share!

CN 2009AF00037XXX
Current in June 09
Picked visa 2nd July 2009

CN 2009AF00037XXX
Current in June 09

congratulation,please what about your freind that forgot his DOB,how far has he gone with his case,please remmember to visit the 2009 winners from nigeria and update us with his latest decision cos a lot of people have posted their opinion of what we thought your freind should do,all the best and congratulation once again

I am current in August. I have been waiting fot my second NL letter but have not received it as yet, I want to go for my medicals. What Should I do?

Also the address I gave on the forms I sent to KCC , I mentioned a relative but apparently they migrated to another contry. They have left me with a new addressof their freind. What should I do?. Should I Wait for the interview or inform KCC Via email.

PLEASE ASSIST

I am current in August. I have been waiting fot my second NL letter but have not received it as yet, I want to go for my medicals. What Should I do?

Also the address I gave on the forms I sent to KCC , I mentioned a relative but apparently they migrated to another contry. They have left me with a new addressof their freind. What should I do?. Should I Wait for the interview or inform KCC Via email.

PLEASE ASSIST

Hey, e-mail them right away, they send ours in may approximately 2 months to interview date or 1.5 months to it. All the best!

what if you get mugged(as it happens oftenly here in Nai) of your stumped passport,is there away to proove that you were issued visa? are you required to go back to the embassy for your new passport to be rubberstamped again? and if yes can you be charged?(just curious).
after entering the US what are some of the very first things one is do? suppose that you left your soulmate in kenya and you hadnt legalized your union can you come back, wed and fly again to US without your partner being denied visa?
All the best guys.

DV-2010 Entrant Status Check

Hi everybody,

I'm a 2007 greencard winner living in US now. My friend got the 1st NL in April number 2010AF00008XXX and sent her forms back. I have tried using the Entrant Status Check website http://dvlottery.state.gov/esc/default.htm to check her status but it keeps telling me that I have the wrong confirmation number. Its requesting for 16 digits but her number is 14 digits. Has anyone tried to use it? Please let me know. Thanks.

Hi everybody,

I'm a 2007 greencard winner living in US now. My friend got the 1st NL in April number 2010AF00008XXX and sent her forms back. I have tried using the Entrant Status Check website http://dvlottery.state.gov/esc/default.htm to check her status but it keeps telling me that I have the wrong confirmation number. Its requesting for 16 digits but her number is 14 digits. Has anyone tried to use it? Please let me know. Thanks.

You are using her case number to check her status which is wrong. You need to obtain the confirmation number from her. The confirmation number is a 16 digit number obtainable at the time the application was made.

my problem is that, my means are not enought for me and my wife . I decided to go to the interview alone , is it risked ? (given that I had declared I'm married)

Even if we went together for interview , will they ask me to pay fees for her give that she won't travel yet ?

Challenger 2009,
You will be required to go with your wife for visa interview.your name as the p.a will be indicated in the 2nd NL plus that of your wife.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok thanks for ur message i have read on the site.I am a lucky winner though I haven't received the appointment forms coz its just when I have sent them back.When i get them i'll get back to u.my email addres is essymano@yahoo.com.keep intouch please.

my problem is that, my means are not enought for me and my wife . I decided to go to the interview alone , is it risked ? (given that I had declared I'm married)

Even if we went together for interview , will they ask me to pay fees for her give that she won't travel yet ?

Mzee, u can go alone to the interview, and still get the visa, BUT you will only pay for yourself.

While doing the above might save you money, it will also separate you from your wife for over 5+ years, once you come to the US. It takes a long time to sponsor a wife if you are a green card holder.

Other scenario is to go TOGETHER, both of you get the visa, you come alone to the US and within the first 6 months, you work hard to buy an airticket for her to be in the US.

I understand what you are facing coz I spent over $4,000 (in medicals, visa, travel expenses etc) just to get the green card (and I was still living in the US!!)

Mzee, u can go alone to the interview, and still get the visa, BUT you will only pay for yourself.

While doing the above might save you money, it will also separate you from your wife for over 5+ years, once you come to the US. It takes a long time to sponsor a wife if you are a green card holder.

Other scenario is to go TOGETHER, both of you get the visa, you come alone to the US and within the first 6 months, you work hard to buy an airticket for her to be in the US.

I understand what you are facing coz I spent over $4,000 (in medicals, visa, travel expenses etc) just to get the green card (and I was still living in the US!!)

d chance of dat kind of person is small but u can till risk it cos life is all about risk and mind u ur applicatn was a risk too. so pls gve it a try...

congrats

CN 2009AF00037XXX
Current in June 09

CN 2010AF000520**
1st NL Dated 20th may Received 15th June
Still not sent the forms :confused::confused:

Congtrats big guy im happy for you.....bin tryn cal yu ur phone is off nid some lil advice........jus finalising evrithin before i send them back.

trixsam

CN 2010AF000520**
1st NL Dated 20th may Received 15th June
Still not sent the forms :confused::confused:

Congtrats big guy im happy for you.....bin tryn cal yu ur phone is off nid some lil advice........jus finalising evrithin before i send them back.

I advice you that you just write N/A in question 10/11.
You will provide at the time of visa interview.
I apoligise my phone had a problem. Dont follow the advice of Nigerians. They will misguide you.

thank you very much