• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Germany

Re case number

thanks a lot ....my number is something around EU00002234 so i think you can still wait for your NL...you never know ;-)

Congratulations again, you will have your interview in October! They will probably start with EU 2500 or EU 3000 as cut off, so you will be there right away. :)

really thanks a lot...but Im not sure if I want to have interwiew as soon...Im going to USA this summer for Work ad Travel and I want to come back at 4 of october...how long you think i need to set all documents before interwiew? i think i need to change my flight ticket...guess so?

documents

really thanks a lot...but Im not sure if I want to have interwiew as soon...Im going to USA this summer for Work ad Travel and I want to come back at 4 of october...how long you think i need to set all documents before interwiew? i think i need to change my flight ticket...guess so?

Nobody can tell you when they will set an interview for you. You could probably postpone an interview if you are still in the US & it is in the beginning of October. As your case number is so low, they will not run out of visas that early. However, why do not play safe and come back from the US earlier? Ultimately, you will have to make the decision what is more important for you. A possible GC or a two weeks longer work and travel program? In my mind, no question.

You better be back some time before the interview to have all documents prepared. How much time you need & what you have to prepare will depend on your personal situation. (Only lived in one country, married, divorced, children...) Everything might take different time. Try to figure out which of the paperwork you need (1st NL states it) and how long it will take you to obtain it. For example some countries police certificates have to be ordered long time ahead, as they need time to prepare it for you. You might need translations, and so on.

My suggestion: Call your american embassy, they probably have a department that handles DV cases. Ask them how long they accept the validity of the police certificate, so you know roughly when you can try to obtain it earliest. Ask them if you need translations for documents that are in your own language, etc. They are usually very helpful, although you do not have an appointment scheduled yet, at least when you explain them your low case number. Try to get as much information from the forum here, it is very helpful. Especially read the CP-thread, it summarizes all general questions. :)

Thanks so much...you help me ...im gonna start to prepare all documents now and I will see when they will give me term, of course if its gonna be at start of october i will come back earlier...this is more important probably that everything...thanks a lot

hallo ,

ja ich bin aus Deutschland. ich bin Auslander ich habe meine NL am 18.04.2008 bekommen
meine case nummer ist 2009AS11xxx. ich studiere in Deuschland.

grusse
loiy