• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2008 winner -Marriage! help!

Alina_Romania

Registered Users (C)
hello

I have been notified by Kentucy Consular centre that i was among the selected people from the lottery ,i am told, my case number is low so i am quite sure i will get an interview date

Lets say i do good in the interview and get the immigration visa

My boyfriend who has a B1/B2 - 10 years muntiple Tourist visa will accompany me to america.

I have a few questions:

1) Can i marry him in america before i get the actual green card in my hand ( i heard the procedure takes about 2 months) and will he be eligible for a green card too?

2) what if he is not eligible , how can he be with me in america as a alien or resident? any loop holes?

your suggestions will be appreciated

alina

Alina

In your previous mail you were saying that you are single and asking whether it is a obstacle for getting DV. That is your private business but you might like to read the following thread. Good luck..

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=246544&highlight=marriage

hello

I have been notified by Kentucy Consular centre that i was among the selected people from the lottery ,i am told, my case number is low so i am quite sure i will get an interview date

Lets say i do good in the interview and get the immigration visa

My boyfriend who has a B1/B2 - 10 years muntiple Tourist visa will accompany me to america.

I have a few questions:

1) Can i marry him in america before i get the actual green card in my hand ( i heard the procedure takes about 2 months) and will he be eligible for a green card too?

2) what if he is not eligible , how can he be with me in america as a alien or resident? any loop holes?

your suggestions will be appreciated

alina