• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2008 results out yet?

Hi folks,
I was just wondering if any one can guess when the letters are going to stop coming out since it started early this year.

WHEN WILL THE DV 2008 LOTTERY RESULTS BE RELEASED?
See http://travel.state.gov/pdf/DV_2008_Final.pdf, page 13 bullet 30. BELOW IS AN EXTRACT.... So anyone implying the results have been released is LYING.

After the individuals have been selected at random from among all qualified entries through the State Department E-DV lottery computer program, they will NOT be notified by email. Those selected will be notified only by letter through the mail between [B]May and July 2007 [/B]at the addresses listed on their E-DV entry.

Asylee wins visa lottery

Hi,
Please I need help!
My asylum was granted by an Immigration Judge in March and I also recieved a notification saying I had been shortlisted for the DV-2008 lottery. I recieved a letter on the same day I got my asylum letter from the judge ( March 20th).

My question is: Can I adjust my status from here based on my claim as an asylee? That's what I hope can happen, because I've heard other asylees say they are still awaiting their green card after 5 years of filing!
I'm happy to have these options and feel really blessed. I don't want to sound greedy at all, like some people have already started infering, but I just want to know if I'm eligible for AOS and if it is advisable to proceed with the Visa Lottery instead.
Thanks for your assistance.

Just got a NL letter this Monday ( 3/19 ). We have been trying for 5 years. Finally got selected. We are really happy. The case number is 2008AS000001XXX. We are thinking about doing CP route. One question though, we were planning to have a baby this year. Is there anyone who was pregnant and still passed the medical examine? I am worried maybe I will need to get shots for vaccination or something. In addition, is it really necessary to have a Chest X-ray even if one's PPD test ( TB test) is negative? If being pregnant is really not a good idea, I will postpone our plan until the interview is over.

Thanks for reading and best of luck to everyone in this forum.

My sis was pregnant when she had to take med exam - no problem then. You will not be required to take any vaccinations.

Very surprised that no one's saying a thing about Tmikky's "LYING" Accusation! Come on people (and the lucky winners) say something.

Why argue with someone like that. It seems that he thinks that all these people on the forum are liars. And for what reason would we lie. Everyone knows that notifications are out. If he is referring to the results of the whole lottery, yes the results are not out. But the notifications have started coming out mid March.

I agree with you mia22...if Tmikky think this forum is liar, don't enter to this forum, get away!...I got the NL last week, should I scan and post to this forum?

For those who got DV-2008 notification, let me know how did you applied individually or thrugh a support agency.

Thanks
cooler

Individually, why should I pay for something free? I'm smart enough to fill in my name and address in the entry from :D