• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2008 case numbers for Europe

Hi there! First of all, congrats everybody & good luck during next coming months!

I have received the white KCC envelope last saturday (19th of May) with casenumber 2008EU00025XXX (pretty high right?), received it in the Netherlands. Anyone with a higher casenumber?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there! First of all, congrats everybody & good luck during next coming months!

I have received the white KCC envelope last saturday (19th of May) with casenumber 2008EU00025XXX (pretty high right?), received it in the Netherlands. Anyone with a higher casenumber?

Well I am up there with you! You’re the first person so far to post on here with a case number above 25000, like me. Although people have claimed that they will be sending NL out till July? So that could possibly mean that the CN could go way beyond 25000?? But that is just pure speculation. The current cut off for DV-2007 is at 23000 (for July) so I am hoping that it will get above 24000 in Aug, that should mean that all the cases from DV-2007 were processed, (based on a post from someone who said there was 24000 odd NL sent last year. Although I would imagine that of the 24000 cases not all of them ended in a GC for people involved. I have my forms already to go back, and I will have to start the waiting game for the next year :-(

I'm really a newbie so I'll just shot a few questions...

It is said that NLs are sent from May to July and I as I read here everyone got theirs in May, does that mean that if I don't get NL in May that I have no chances to get one?

I'm from Serbia and I applied for GC through USAFIS.

It is said that NLs are sent from May to July and I as I read here everyone got theirs in May, does that mean that if I don't get NL in May that I have no chances to get one?

To be honest there is no real answer to that, At least not one that any one could post that might be right. Until the department of state advertise that the DV-2008 winners have all been notified there is no way to know if there will be more NL sent out. You will have to wait for this confirmation from them. I always use to keep watching for the mail until I herd the official announcement from them on their web site. The following is just an observation, and not based in anyway on any factual evidence, but it seems to me as if they send out the NL’s in batches every few weeks. People have been getting them since April, so maybe there will be more batches sent out??. Even from a logistical point of view, they probably could not just dump 90,000 letters in the mail, it was probably cause problems! I reckon that is why EU letters seem to be coming from Sweden. Any way sorry that is not much help to ya, but There still could be more sent out, so keep your fingers crossed and good luck! :)

Actually you helped a lot really!

I'm still hoping that there is a chance for receiving a NL and keeping my fingers crossed for all of you that are waiting a NL.

Thx

Hi! My situation is quite semilar to yours. I have no NL yet and I applied through USAFIS. (I'm from hungary)

My opinion is that we are receiving them late coz KKC did send it to them (USAFIS) first (to NY) and they are forwarding it to us.( and I think they did hold them for a while (scanned a page and set it to us, etc.).

I hope that I'll receive it this week.

Have a nice day.

Hi! My situation is quite semilar to yours. I have no NL yet and I applied through USAFIS. (I'm from hungary)

My opinion is that we are receiving them late coz KKC did send it to them (USAFIS) first (to NY) and they are forwarding it to us.( and I think they did hold them for a while (scanned a page and set it to us, etc.).

I hope that I'll receive it this week.

Have a nice day.

I thought that was the case. If you get your NL, post the date when it was sent originally, just to calculate how long does it take them to forward it to us...

Good luck!

Hey!
I'm from Belgrade, Serbia.
Got my NL in New York, case no. 16xxx, received it on May 4th or 5th....Mailed on April 30th....

Is it possible to call the KCC?

Hi all,

I have send all the forms last sunday, from the Netherlands to the US. It will probably take 6-8 days before KCC receives it. Does anybody know if it is possible to call the KCC after two weeks or so, just to ask if they have received the whole package?

Hi juul. Congratulations! If you sent your forms using Fedex or a similar company they will confirm delivery. If you used normal postal service, I would send them an email after 2-3weeks. At least that's what I did because I wanted to be sure that they received my stuff and I got a reply after a couple days. Remember to include your name, case number AND date of birth in your email.

My wife won (Germany)

Letter dated: April, 25
Received: Mai, 8
Returned via UPS: May, 11
Delivered: May, 15
Case #: EU16xxx

Hi all,

I have send all the forms last sunday, from the Netherlands to the US. It will probably take 6-8 days before KCC receives it. Does anybody know if it is possible to call the KCC after two weeks or so, just to ask if they have received the whole package?

Hi Juul. Congratulations!!!!! You can call the KCC to check if they have received your documents, I have done so. When you call them they ask for your case number and date of birth. If they have received the documents they will tell you that they are processing them and that it will take between 4 to 6 weeks to process. You can also call back to check the status of the processing. If you haven't sent the documents yet I would advice to use a courier service such as FEDEX or DHL. Best of Luck!!

anyone who has received a higher number than 25XXX already?? Looks like I am closing the casenumbers for Europe this time with my 25XXX number... :mad:

anyone who has received a higher number than 25XXX already?? Looks like I am closing the casenumbers for Europe this time with my 25XXX number... :mad:

I have been watching this forum like a hawk for a number into the 26XXX but I have not seen one yet. That said until KCC announce that all winners have been notified there could very possibly be some more NL's in a few weeks or even next month or month after, official end of NL's is stated as July. I spent a week triple checking my application and finally sent it on Tuesday last, via registered Mail. FINGERS CROSSED. :)