• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2008 case numbers for Europe

Hi there i was just wondering if u have heard if anyone else in ireland has rec'd there NL - i am also in ireland and watching for the post everyday - yes i know how sad!!!:eek:

I hear ya, I have been doing the same for years, always around April/May, I never thought that I would actually get a letter, I was convinced it was all a conspiracy :) but low and behold I got one! Granted the number is high but still feel lucky. And hopefully should be able to get a GC, fingers crossed anyway. I have not herd about any one else in Ireland getting one personally. I saw one guy got NL in DV-2007 he posted on here, search "Ireland" and you will find him. When I heard that letters were being sent from early April, and had had herd nothing by start of may I had more or less given up. Its still early so you might get one yet, they are suppose to be sending them out up to July, or so others on the site have said. best of luck with it! :)

Ireland NL

Yes i was the same i found this site and was shocked when so many wer saying they rec'd there letters so panic set in but i hadnt seen any ireland ones until today so i am in totally panic now i will b flat out looking out for post this week!!! do u know the steps to follow from this site i take it u complete forms and send back and wait for interview date (does everyone get interview r just selected nos)

I hear ya, I have been doing the same for years, always around April/May, I never thought that I would actually get a letter, I was convinced it was all a conspiracy :) but low and behold I got one! Granted the number is high but still feel lucky. And hopefully should be able to get a GC, fingers crossed anyway. I have not herd about any one else in Ireland getting one personally. I saw one guy got NL in DV-2007 he posted on here, search "Ireland" and you will find him. When I heard that letters were being sent from early April, and had had herd nothing by start of may I had more or less given up. Its still early so you might get one yet, they are suppose to be sending them out up to July, or so others on the site have said. best of luck with it! :)

Yes i was the same i found this site and was shocked when so many wer saying they rec'd there letters so panic set in but i hadnt seen any ireland ones until today so i am in totally panic now i will b flat out looking out for post this week!!! do u know the steps to follow from this site i take it u complete forms and send back and wait for interview date (does everyone get interview r just selected nos)

Forms are very straightforward, there are two of them, one to register interest in DV visa, that’s (DSP-122) then one (in two parts (230)) that is your actual visa application.

Won’t take all that long to fill them out. Need to make sure info on them is accurate and that you can back it up at the interview.

The real important part is your case number, as they seem to process the DV-visas in batches. The numbers of these batches are posted every month in visa bulletins during the fiscal year (October 07 – end of September 08).

The number I have is fairly high (2008EU00025XXX) so while I was lucky to get selected, it may turn out that my number will not come up before the end of September 2008.

The cut off for july this year is nearing my number for next year, so going on that I am hoping that the cut off will go beyond 25000 in Aug as some people say that the previous year is a good indication of next year, but that is just an assumption, and could not be relied on.

I think you only get called for interview when your number becomes current.
In essence your case number determines when you get your interview, and you need to get your interview before the end of sept of the given year to get your GC. If your number does not come up by the end of sept then that’s it! Your left high and dry.

This is all for the CP way of doing things, I am not currently resident in the US so I have to wait for the Consular processing.

Hope that helps!!

Ireland NL

Thanks - heres hoping i get a letter - i'll keep u posted :)

Forms are very straightforward, there are two of them, one to register interest in DV visa, that’s (DSP-122) then one (in two parts (230)) that is your actual visa application.

Won’t take all that long to fill them out. Need to make sure info on them is accurate and that you can back it up at the interview.

The real important part is your case number, as they seem to process the DV-visas in batches. The numbers of these batches are posted every month in visa bulletins during the fiscal year (October 07 – end of September 08).

The number I have is fairly high (2008EU00025XXX) so while I was lucky to get selected, it may turn out that my number will not come up before the end of September 2008.

The cut off for july this year is nearing my number for next year, so going on that I am hoping that the cut off will go beyond 25000 in Aug as some people say that the previous year is a good indication of next year, but that is just an assumption, and could not be relied on.

In essence your case number determines when you get your interview, and you need to get your interview before the end of sept of the given year to get your GC. If your number does not come up by the end of sept then that’s it! Your left high and dry.

This is all for the CP way of doing things, I am not currently resident in the US so I have to wait for the Consular processing.

Hope that helps!!

Hi every1,
here is another NL received in Europe with case number EU00003***.
Received in Serbia.
Regards and good luck to all DV 2008 winners

So I screwed myself, with time, coz I will have to send it back to them, and then they'll send it to Kentucky.

Are there any upcoming forms (besides the 2 mentioned) I'll have to send to KKC, or do these 2 forms get me directly to the meeting with the consult?

In the first package there there will be only two forms you need to fill (ds-230, dsp-122) . I think there could be more in the 2nd package you will receive. In the meantime you can fill the forms online and print them (didn't bookmark the address but i am sure you can find them with google).

In the first package there there will be only two forms you need to fill (ds-230, dsp-122) . I think there could be more in the 2nd package you will receive. In the meantime you can fill the forms online and print them (didn't bookmark the address but i am sure you can find them with google).

Yes, I found the forms and filled them out! Thanks For your help.

There is one more thing, can I write my case number on the upper right corner manually, or Should I print it?

Yes, I found the forms and filled them out! Thanks For your help.

There is one more thing, can I write my case number on the upper right corner manually, or Should I print it?

You can write it with a pen. Thats going to be fine.

Quite true

I saw his post, but it is hard to believe this. Have anyone heard of any other case like this? I couldn't find any evidence on net for that.
It is true that new NL for 2007 were sent out in March.
Check out posts by Adirom 28 in this forum; he was the first to tell us about it.
HI,
thanks to all for responding.
I was selected for DV 2007.The package says "Since the number of returned instruction packets from European applicants for 2007 DV program has remained low since the initial notification in the spring of 2006, you now have an opportunity to continue processing in the 2007 Program."

Just like a pro

Hope that helps!!
Hi,
Your explanation of how the interview process works, with repect to Visa bulletin notices and NL numbers is quite accurate; you don't sound like a new-comer at all - you sound like a pro.
:D

My case # is EU000120xx. Is this too high? I'm sending my application in

That number should be fine. As long as the US government don't do anything to interfere with the DV-2008 process, fingers crossed they wont. I am stuck with 25XXX I am starting to think I got the last NL of Europe! no one seems to have a higher one! please post if you do. from what I can tell you should do well with that number. :)

Hi,
Your explanation of how the interview process works, with repect to Visa bulletin notices and NL numbers is quite accurate; you don't sound like a new-comer at all - you sound like a pro.
:D

Honestly I have been applying for this DV for years, I never actually thought I would get selected.
I have spent so much time reading various US immigration sites, I have to say I have never seen such a complicated immigration system, its a total mine field. After weighing up all the immigration options
I decided I would l have more of a chance of getting a US work visa (H1) if I went to college and got a degree! That way I would have skills that an employer in the US would want., so ended up studying software eng. Thankfully its free to go to university here in Ireland, so thats is what I did in the mean time. I still reckon I may miss out getting a GC though, because of my high number. However there were 24000+ NL sent last year and the cut offs are already up to 2300 so that looks good, I hope. FINGERS CROSSED :)

My case # is EU000120xx. Is this too high? I'm sending my application in on May 18 and I think it'll get there on 22nd the earliest. Does anyone know if this is a little late?

Hi Aysel. You are going to be fine. Some people return documents even in a few months later. As for EU cases, I don't know much about it, but you will get the idea if you check the current bulletin for DV2007.

Last edited by a moderator:
My case # is EU000120xx. Is this too high? I'm sending my application in on May 18 and I think it'll get there on 22nd the earliest. Does anyone know if this is a little late?

Just make sure its filled in correctly. I am taking time to do my one, you don’t want any mistakes when it comes to your interview!

Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:54 am Post subject: winners of DV2008
somebody asked for some cases...here there are some of Romanian winners:

1. 26 march 2007. received in USA (Romanian citizen) nr 32xx.

2. 05.april.2007 received in Germany (Romanian citizen).

3. 02.04.07 received in Romania nr14XX

4. 11.04.2007 , received in Romania nr 22xx

5. April? received in Romania, nr.?

6. 11 April 2007 received in Romania, nr?

7. April received in Romania ,nr 28XX

8. 10 April 2007 received in Romania nr. 615.

9. 13 April received in Romania nr. 48xx

10. 10 April received in Romania nr11XX

11. 29 March received in Romania nr 57xx.

12. 12 April, received in Romania, nr?

13. 18 April 2007, received in Romania, nr. 49XX

14. 18 Aprilie, received in USA (Romanian citizen), nr. 97XX

15. received in Romania ,nr 57XX.

16. received in Romania.nr. 65XX

17. 6 April 2007, received in Romania ,nr. 11XX

18. 27 April 2007, received in Romania nr. 75XX.

good luck to all! :)

Ireland

Hi All.
I`m in Ireland too.
Got my NL on the 8th of May.
Case Number is 2008EU00023***
Haven`t sent forms back yet, hope it`s not too late & the number not too high???
Good luck everyone.

Ireland

Congrats to u !!! Have u heard if anyone else in ireland got one???

Hi All.
I`m in Ireland too.
Got my NL on the 8th of May.
Case Number is 2008EU00023***
Haven`t sent forms back yet, hope it`s not too late & the number not too high???
Good luck everyone.