• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2008 case number

jjaspe

Registered Users (C)
Hi! My case number is very low (2008SA000003XX). When it will be current?

Sorry, :eek: I don't understand the Visa Bulletin.

Thanks!

Judging from last year's bulletin, your number should be current around November/December.

Where are you from? Will you be doing CP or AOS? I am also in the SA region, my number is 000006XX

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi
Pls I need someone to explain this case no palaver to me. Is the case not being treated on first come first serve basis? ( I mean when kcc received the completed form) if not, should people with case nos above 50000 expect no interview then? Pls help.

The case number pretty much determines when your interview will be. It starts with 1 for each region... Since not everyone who receives the notification letter decides to apply for a green card and since not everyone who gets an interview receives the green card (because of background check or not enough funds, etc.) no one should give up hope. In the visa bulletin it says that for DV-2007 all numbers in all regions are current, so everyone who received the notification letter (and sent in the forms) should get an interview.
About how to read the visa bulletin: Check the numbers in the diversity immigrant (dv) section. If your case number is below the number listed for your region, your number is current in that month (but this doesn't necessarily mean that your interview is exactly in that month, it might be 1 or 2 months later (at least this is what I learned from this forum)).
The interviews for DV2008 will start in October. The information about the current numbers in October will be in the September visa bulletin (the bulletin includes advance notification for the following month) which will be published around August 15th.
I hope this information helps. I'm also new to this (I'm a DV2008 winner as well)... if you search in this forum you can find answers to most of your questions.
Good luck!

Hi
Pls I need someone to explain this case no palaver to me. Is the case not being treated on first come first serve basis? ( I mean when kcc received the completed form) if not, should people with case nos above 50000 expect no interview then? Pls help.

Oh and we all read all the threads in this forum so you don’t need to post the same question over and over!! people will get annoyed with you if you do, not me of course I am very nice lol!! :)

Igmu... Thanks, thanks, thanks!!!!!! Your answer was very clear!

Islandgirl... I am from Venezuela but I'm living in USA since 2005 with L2 Visa for that reason I choose AOS.

Good luck!

Hi Jjaspe:

I am just next door to Venezuela, in Trinidad.

Keep checking the visa bulletins, you should get your second package a month or two before your number becomes current.

All the best to you.

Islandgirl, i'm working on it! I have all the forms and documents, but I need to come back to Venezuela... my visa will expire on November 1st. and I need to renewal. I already have the appointment at the embassy (Oct 31st), once I get my new visa I will send the 2nd package.

All the best to you too!!!!

Dear,
My case number is 2008EU000005..I have got an affidavit of support on june 28, 2008 (for dv 2008), Do you know the end date of the affidavit off the support?

I'v got also a job offer paper notoced by notar (approved by authority- Notar)

Do I need to have cash or banc account?
Thanks for respond

Hi, I made mistakes by filling the DS forms 230 part two, Can I download the DS Form 230 from internet and send it to the KCC (Kentucky Consular Center)?, your advice will help me a lote..