• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2008 Case number 2008AS00011xxx

Shabbir Rahman

Registered Users (C)
I am from Bangladesh and now in H1B visa. I came to USA few months ago, got NL few days ago. I am thinking for going with AOS. The issues are in my mind now

* My address changed, I am now at USA. Do I need to fill DS-122 with new address and send it to KCC ... Also I made some mistake in my original submitted form in 2006, I want to correct those.

* After reading forum post, seems like my number is too high. Is there any chance to get GC? when this number will be current you think ...

thank you,

Shabbir Rahman

Hi Shabbir
Yes, you need to fill DS-122 with new address, (also you must inform INS about new address, this is not related to DV but this is the law for nonimmigrant visa holder)
What else do you need to correct?
Although it seem very high number based on last two years but it may not based on 2004/2005, you have to wait for October buletin

I am from Bangladesh and now in H1B visa. I came to USA few months ago, got NL few days ago. I am thinking for going with AOS.
Since your case number is high, if I were you I would do CP.
Please read "General Info for DV winners" by Catseyes in my signature for more info.

Hi Shabbir
Yes, you need to fill DS-122 with new address, (also you must inform INS about new address, this is not related to DV but this is the law for nonimmigrant visa holder)
What else do you need to correct?
Although it seem very high number based on last two years but it may not based on 2004/2005, you have to wait for October buletin

Today I called at KCC, call receiver told me that I've entered wrong birth date in DV form. I asked how can I correct this, she told me to put correct DOB in DS 122.

My passport going to expire on 29th March (10 yr), so I need to take a new passport (new passport number). May be I can do it from my country consulate office. Same problem is with I-94 form, my stay at US valid up to 29th March. It seems like I need to submit I-539 Form.

http://www.us-immigration-attorney.com/visa-i94.htm

Since your case number is high, if I were you I would do CP.
Please read "General Info for DV winners" by Catseyes in my signature for more info.

If I go for CP, I can take new passport from my country and can face US embassy again, so when I will come back to US, i will get another I94 form, is this correct?

And if I plan to get married in my country, then what is the last time to do so? december? actually in Which last form need to specify marital status?

If I go for CP, I can take new passport from my country and can face US embassy again, so when I will come back to US, i will get another I94 form, is this correct?
Sorry, I'm not exactly sure what you are asking. About a new passport, since there is no items in forms asking passport number, it shouldn't be a problem. It's better to have a new passport before getting police certificate. When you are coming back to US after CP, you don't need I-94.
And if I plan to get married in my country, then what is the last time to do so? december? actually in Which last form need to specify marital status?
Sooner is better. You don't want to delay your case process since your case number is high. Please read Catseyes comment on it.
http://immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1440858&postcount=5

thanks a lot tomackie & m1rahim. i'm still confused, should I do CP or AOS ... Is CP expensive than AOS, how many times need to go to home country for CP, only for the interview?