• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2005: should I believe them

marianna

Registered Users (C)
I had my AOS interview - based on DV-2005 - in July. I inquired about the status of my case twice. I got very little information when I inquired: I have to wait, they are still working, they cannot tell me specifically what is holding up the case. In both cases the officers said that as long as I had my interview before Sept 30, I will be fine. But this doesn't make sense! The decision should be made before Sept 30 and the green card should be issued. Should I believe them? Any opinion?

Marianna,

I think the last day you can be granted a visa is 9/30. If they did not approve your visa at the day of the interview or after that, then they clearly did not grant you a visa. I think without approval it is irrelevant that you had your interview before 9/30. At this stage I would print out the relevant part of the visa bulletin and show it to the person you talk to at CIS. You don't have the luxury any more of worrying about annoying them. Please arrange an appointment, take with you an official publication that explicitely states that after 9/30 you cannot be granted a visa and please insist on talking with the officer who conducted your interview (or anybody else who can make a decision). Maybe an articulate lawyer would be helpful or some hint of a possible lawsuit you may initiate. I cross my fingers for you. You deserve to make it, you don't deserve to be put off like this. Nora

thanks for your advice. i am actually planning to send out a letter to the officer describing my situation and what i was told by these other people - which is clearly incompetent and i think the officer will see that. the other thing is whether she can or want to do something about moving it off her desk. again, i was given no details whether to what specifically is holding up the processing of the case. i know that common reason for the delay is name check - but again, it's not clear if that is the reason, there is just no info... and you are right of saying i should not feel bad about annoying them, but i cannot push it too far either. so, i will give it another week for the officer to read my letter and the congressman's office is going to follow up again and then i will make another appointment, leaving it just two weeks for the whole thing either to be resolved or lost. not sure i want to go through a lawsuit. regarding lawyer, they can't do much at this stage, unless i hire one for a lawsuit - but again, not sure if that's what i want to do.

marianna said:
yak uspihy? shchos poluchayetsya?
marianna has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.
У четвер я був в Майами. Вони мають доступ до даних з ФБР. ВОни закінчили перевірку дружини та доньки. Моя перевірка триває. Нас запросили на інтерв'ю у наступну п'ятницю. Від конгресмена новин немає. Я сподіваюсь, що вони закінчать мою перевірку до нашого інтерв'ю. Я узнав що перевірку вони почали, коли ми здали відбитки у перший раз на початку січня.