• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

"DV 2005 results" / Statistics.

bobbb

Registered Users (C)
Hi

Here is the "DV 2005 results" official site:
http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1317.html

The site says that those numbers are: "the statistical breakdown by foreign-state chargeability of those registered for the DV-2005 program:"

So it seems not to be DV2005 results, as suggested in the title..

If you sum all AF countries numbers, you will find 45,143.

I found many people on internet forums (fora) who have AF case numbers above 54,000.

Last year, the DV2004 results site showed 50,341 AF, the final AF cutoff number was around 35,000. I saw people who had AF case number above 55,000. That means 20,000 people were asked to return files to KCC for... nothing. I understand they need more files to be sure to fill the 55,000 visa per year. But they seem to have a much too big security margin...

I am trying to find a way to forecast the final AF cutoff #.

Any input will be appreciated.

Bobbb.

The practice at KCC is to notify more people than the number of visas to be issued. I think they notify around 100,000 people as against 50,000 avaiable visas. They assume that many people will not pursue their cases, or would otherwise be ineligible for a variety of reasons. This practice ensures that all 50,000 visas will be used during the year.

I agree with you that they have a very big security margin (more than 50%). Especially with the new online application system, I think only educated and working people who are determined to pursue their cases only apply. They are more unlikely to be found ineligible because of lack of education/work expereince. I think the KCC needs to lower the number of lottery winners especially since they have also reduced the number of diversity visas from 55,000 to 50,000.

I do agree. The new system should let cutoff lower than ever before as people are more educated and motivated. :(

i agree with you bobbb, KCC should have known that pple that actually apply would not stop mid - way in their GC :( manual entry can not be compaired with electronics and so they should have notify at most 70,000 instead off more than 100,000. my # is 45*** and its an :eek: to me, that am spending my money for nothing sake :mad:

i hope KCC will try and look into this matter critically.

Did any body know how the # was allocated to winners, i send my entry second week of the take off and the guy who actually send his on dec 24 fell into the 21*** mine 45***, am :confused: about this matter, is it alphabeticall or what :confused:

i pray the senerio we had in yrs b4 last will re - occure else :confused: :( :mad:

Right. As my number is high too (449xx), I think we should wait before preparing our papers: I mean the advanced september 05 (final) cutoff # should be released in the august visa bulletin that should be issued mid July. So no need to spend money before with translation etc... as we have a least 1.5 month to prepare those stuffs between mid july and sept. Anyway, let's cross our fingers. :rolleyes:

someone having 60,*** winning # in AF ? am :confused: can any body explain this to me ? some winners went to the local embassy here and they were told to keep on checking that when they finish with those within the cut off mark they will be attended to i cant understand :confused:

Internantional student and hopes

Hi, this is my first time applying for the lottery and I have not received word as yet. I am international student and my major is nursing. I would really like to get my green card/ citizenship on my own, meaning I really don't want to get married. I would like to win my pass or get a job that will assist me. :eek:
All my hopes are in the lotery and hopefuly at the ending of my school year, while I am on my OP training some hospital will file for me.
If anyone has any information, on how an internantional student spending the last four years in this country can help her self?
Please reply..Any information is good information :)