• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2003 versus Adjustment of Status - I 485

alex_kar

I am a winner of 2003, applied for Adjustment (I485), got my work permit, but still was not scheduled for interview. I am afraid it will take longer than Spetember 30 to process I485 in Arlington VA, INS for DV 2003 and I will lose my chance with DV. What should I do? Does anybody know if there is a priority in processing DV2003 I485 forms in INS?
Please, need help ....:confused:

Do not worry

I was also the winner of DV 2002 lottery. Like you I applied for the adjustment of Status in the local INS office.You seem to be in pretty good shape since you still have almost 7 months to come September. I filled out my I485 in August and INS adjusted my stattus in September. Do not worry. Eat Drink and make merry, you will have your greencard.

Lottery 2003 winner

Hi, I am also the 2003 lottery winner. I have file the I-485 and EAD at the local INS in Dallas, TX. Is that possible for you to tell me about your case number?

My case is AS0030060, eventhough I have the finger print on Jan, and Interview on mid February, but I still can't get my status adjusted due to the visa number cut off number is only 6000. So, the INS officer said I still need to wait until my number is up.

Please let me know more regarding your case.

DV2003 winner

Hi:
I also won the DV20003. my case number is AS00021XXX. My lawyer says that I can not submit my application until the case status become current. I am confused. what can I do? if I am submitting my papers what should I submit?
The current DV number is 13500 for asia according to the state department VISA bulletin. I am presently living in USA.
Thank you for any help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question regarding DV

Need your help!!!

I am winner of DV 2003 and my number is current now. But I have also received receipts for my employment based I-485, which was submitted on Nov. 2002. Do you think I should apply for DV based I-485? Or should I just wait for Employment based I-485 approval? Do you think I will be confusing INS (now BCIS)? Do you see any advantages for DV based AOS? Will there be any conflict with the Employment based AOS that was previously applied? Do you think I should inform my Employer and Employer's Lawyer regarding my intention to submit DV I-485?

Thanks and hoping to hear from you.

Sonia

Chose DV if I were you

Sonia,

When KCC sent you the notification of winning, did you reply them and tell them you intend to adjust your status in USA? For my understanding, if you do, you are able to adjust you status through INS (BCIS). But if you didn't reply them, then they will assume you will adjust your status through oversea embassy (where you came from). In that case, when the visa number is current, the consular will notify you for interview.

But you still can go to your local INS and let them know you are 2003 DV winner, and ask whether you can still adjust your status in US.

Would you please let me know what is your case number, and when did you receive the notice?

Joyce

Only the winner will receive notification from Kentucy Consulor Center. There is no way to know who won the lottery.

does anybody know someone who won the DV lottery but whose number never became current and therefore lost his/her chance?

I won DV-2003. But my number is pretty high (EU47xxx). It looks like to me that there is no way that this number will become current. Does anyone know anything about these rank or case numbers?
Just some info please.

Hi every body Im MOUAD I am from. Morocco I am one of the winners of the FD-programm2002 that made two years that I await my interview with the consulate I fear thats it is not very late I sent an E mall to Kentucky consular center they answered by this message (INFORMATION: Thank you for your inquiry; the DV2002 program has ended have the physical year was over 9-30-02. Pleas Be aware VHV you may apply for the d.v 2005 program; wich instructions will Be available in august 2003. Kcc/smt.) has present I do not know what I must do to regain my statue of winner I would be grateful for any person who will be able m to help while waiting for your answer here my E MOAD4YOU@hotmail.com:( :(

Re: Re: DV-2003 versus Adjustment of Status - I 485

Originally posted by moad
Hi every body Im MOUAD I am from. Morocco I am one of the winners of the FD-programm2002 that made two years that I await my interview with the consulate I fear thats it is not very late I sent an E mall to Kentucky consular center they answered by this message (INFORMATION: Thank you for your inquiry; the DV2002 program has ended have the physical year was over 9-30-02. Pleas Be aware VHV you may apply for the d.v 2005 program; wich instructions will Be available in august 2003. Kcc/smt.) has present I do not know what I must do to regain my statue of winner I would be grateful for any person who will be able m to help while waiting for your answer here my E MOAD4YOU@hotmail.com:( :(

What do you mean by FD-programm2002 ? is it the same as DV?

Re: Re: Re: DV-2003 versus Adjustment of Status - I 485

Originally posted by pwdg
What do you mean by FD-programm2002 ? is it the same as DV?

It looks like you answered my question.
Let me illuminate you further. First, you don't gain any statue by winning DV-lottery until a Green card is issued to you. Second, there is a deadline each year for DV-winners to be interviewed. The deadline is the same every year: September 30. If you haven't received any further notification or invitation to an interview till the deadline, it means that your case number didn't become current since NVC or BCIS has already distributed 50000 Green cards and stopped the process for that year...

Re: Re: Re: Re: DV-2003 versus Adjustment of Status - I 485

Thank you for the conceil but the question remainder is what J have an advantage D of having been gaining for the dv2002 Or is what my statue was firm for always

what is bisic nvc:p :(

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DV-2003 versus Adjustment of Status - I 485

Thank you for the conceil but the question remainder is what J have an advantage D of having been gaining for the dv2002 Or is what my statue was firm for always

As far as I know, your case is closed. DV 2002 closed on september 30 2002.
Please explain what you mean by D and J and also what do you mean by bisic nvc:p? are these some abbreviations? if so please let us know what they are. Any one knows what moad is talking about?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DV-2003 versus Adjustment of Status - I 485

Each year DV-20xx processes until September 30 20xx or all 50,000 Greencards are distributed. For your case(DV-2002), they don't issue ant Green cards after September 30 2002. Because they start dealing with DV-2003 winners starting October 2002. As a summary, I am afraid to tell but your case is closed.
BCIS: new name of INS. Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services
NVC: natinal visa center

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DV-2003 versus Adjustment of Status - I 485

that s my story . I would like to inform you

that I was among those applicants who were selected and registred

for further consideration in the DV-2002(october,1,2001 to september

30,2002).

I did complete and return forms (230 partI,230 partII and dsp122)

to the kentuky consular center around May 2001 but infortuntely,

up to now I havenot received any answer yet.

now, I am writing to you to ask you what i have to do cause i cant beleive

that i missed this opportunity_pleas help me
:( :( i will be gratiful