Duplicate g card

bkhote

Registered Users (C)
I understand that authorities want us to carry GC all the time.
If it gets lost, how much time and efforts are required to get a duplicate GC

What if one applies for a new card and all of sudden recover the first card that was thought to have been lost? Is the first card still usable for entry/exit? Has CIS provided any guidelines to how to handle such a situation?

There have been a couple of threads/posts talking about the need to carry the GC on us all the time and the risks/issues with losing it. How about just carrying a copy of the I485 approval on our person all the time but not the GC. That should provide evidence of our permanent residence if we are ever challenged by an official. Any thoughts/experiences - JoeF??

JoeF said:
No, you don't. The instructions for the I-9 say what is required, and there are ways to not needing to show the GC.
Copying of the GC is prohibited for certain situations. A black-and-white copy is ok, a color copy could be seen as illegal.

joef daddy. Where do you learn all these clever things? ;) Black and white is OK, but color is illegal? joef daddy, R U attempting to entertain us with your Ignorance???

--------------------------------------
Life is Great, Bush is back.

JoeF said:
No, but you could be accused of trying to counterfeit the card, in particular in areas where this is a problem (e.g., here in LA.) So if you make a color copy, clearly mark it as copy.
Yeah! As far as it is clear that it is a copy, E.g. it on the entire A-4 paper then it should not be a problem.

Anyway, if you make the copy at home, it is not that great of a copy also.

Immg-Jock - Kindly refrain from making this another Joe-bashing thread ...

Why not make oneself a PR ring that carries key information
such as name, serial number (A#) , and rank (resident since date)
so that one can wear it 24 hours a day.