Duplicate Application For Spouse....

gnkishore

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,
I have a situation and hope you guys may have some idea about it. My GC has been approved. But my spouse's GC is still pending. I applied her GC myself in NOV 2003. She got her EAD and AP also using that GC. The twist here is that my Company also applied I-485(as a dependent) for her in MAR 2004. Now I am leaving that company. Do I really need to worry about this duplicate I-485 Application for my wife. What happens if my company cancels her I-485. Will the first I-485 application would still be valid??. Can any one throw some light on this issue.
THanks
Kishore.

You company cannot cancel her I-485. Her 485 has nothing to do with your employer. Her I-485 is based on marriage with you and therefore, her 485 is valid as long as your marriage is valid.

How did u apply for her GC? If there are 2 GC petitions based on the same underlying I-485 that could cause confusion. Secondly, the company can't withdraw/cancel an I-485, but who was the lawyer, company lawyer or urs? U need to keep that in mind also as the lawyer has power of attorney and can act on the petioners behalf. All these only can cause unnecessary delays and headaches but can't result in the GC being withdrawn/denied.

Guys,
Thanks a lot. I checked with my lawyer and she said she will leave the second case as is. I just need to file another G-28 and forget about it.
Thanks for your suggestions...
Kishore.